Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 32

This picture was of her only.

It was one of her after Gregory had beaten her. She felt nauseous and she could feel the color draining from her face. All the emotions of that time came flooding back and tears started to burn behind her eyes.

Jared had been looking over her shoulder and she heard him swear in shock.

“You didn’t tell me he beat you that badly.” She heard the shock and disbelief in his voice.

“I don’t like to think of it.” She said in a numb voice. “I was in a coma for five months; the doctors didn’t know whether I’d wake up.”

Jared wrapped his arms around her and just held her close. The tears she’d been trying to hold back started to fall. He sat down pulling her onto his lap and she just sat there, crying silently.

He’d been shocked to see how badly she’d been beaten. He knew what had happended to her, but the picture relayed the ugly truth far better than her words had. Her face was almost unrecognizable. He felt deep rage inside himself. He hated these vultures, who never thought of anybody’s feelings only slightly less than he hated the man who had inflicted such damage on Alena. He was going to start his usual ranting and raging, but pushed it down when he saw the state that Alena was in.

He looked at the others. Tomo and Shannon had known a little of her history, but the others were all in various stages of shock and rage.

He felt so guilty, he’d promised to only give her happy memories and now just because of his fame she was being reminded of the most horrifying time in her life. He wanted to find the writer of that article and ram it down his throat until he choked and then find the piece of shit that had done that to her and inflict the same amount of damage on him. His first priority was Alena though.

“Alena, please don’t cry anymore. Unfortunately these vultures make a living by digging up hurtful stuff, but it will blow over.” Tomo said gently, reaching out and holding her hand.

“I know it looks bad now, but a week from now they’ll have moved on to something else.” Shannon assured her.

She smiled slightly.

“This was the bad experience you were talking about yesterday wasn’t it?” Gerard asked softly. She just nodded her head.

He noticed that the four who had ‘kidnapped’ her looked very upset and was that guilt on Gerard’s face?

Alena spoke up. “He didn’t blindfold and gag me like you guys did, but you still gave me a big scare.”

He looked at them in disbelief. ”You gagged and blindfolded her?”

“Ah, Alena, you might have kept that information to yourself.” Gerard said looking guilty and uncomfortable. “We did apologize to her Jared.”

“What the hell were you thinking?” He exploded. “I thought you had more brains than that, she was probably terrified!”

“She wasn’t that upset.” Bob said. “She only cried a little bit.”

Gerard winched as the words were uttered. Jared was furious.

“Not helping, Bob.” He groaned hitting him on the back of the head.

“It’s okay Jared.” Alena said; she seemed to have gotten over most of the shock. “They explained everything and apologized. Frank even gave me a hug to comfort me.”

All of the MCR guys groaned in dismay.

“You’re not helping us Alena, now he’s going to go all jealous on us as well.” Ray moaned. His words made her giggle

“Mikey, help me! Jared’s going to crush me like a bug.” Frank moaned; trying to hide behind Mikey.

Suddenly Alena burst into uncontrollable laughter and everyone smiled in relief.

Although he still couldn’t believe what Gerard and the guys had done, he was happy to see that Alena appeared to be back to her old self.

“Quick, make her laugh again.” Gerard whispered loudly. “It might make Jared forget everything he’s just heard.”

That remark made her laugh even more. “You’re such children.”

Jared pulled her into a hug, happy to see her laughing and joking again.

He gave Frank a glare.

“I’ll be kissing my girlfriend now and if I hear one word from you I will crush you like a bug.” He proceeded to kiss her.

When they looked up Ray and Bob were holding Frank down while Gerard had his hand clapped over his mouth.

Alena giggled at the sight.

Frank glared at his band mates.

“I wasn’t going to say anything you know.” He sulked.

“We weren’t taking any chances, you’re mouth has a way of running away from you.” Gerard said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone. I'm sorry for the long absence. I was having a hard time with my eyes and then there were some personal and family issues that kept me busy. I'm glad to report that my eyes have made a full recovery. I hope to be updating regularly from now on.
I hope you enjoy this.