Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 6 - Walking on clouds

The evening was spent dancing and talking. The more Alena got to know Jared the more she liked him. He was a nice and decent person. He was definitely not stuck up or full of himself. Tina had been drinking and was getting seriously tipsy.

"I think I should get Tina home." She said, not really wanting to go, because she was really enjoying Jared's company. In all honesty she wished that this night wouldn’t end

"Why don't you stay here with Jared? Tomo and I will take her home" Shannon offered.

"That's not necessary." she said. “You already helped us get into the club; I can't ask you for more favors."

"Don't be silly, you seem to be enjoying yourself." Shannon said. "Besides I really must get our little brother here to bed, its way past his bed time." he joked.

"Hey, who are you calling a baby!" Tomo cried out in a little boy voice pouting as he said it.

Alena couldn't help but laugh at him. "You really look like a baby right now."

Shannon and Jared laughed at her remark while Tomo gave her a wounded look.

"And here I thought you were my friend!" he cried out. "Well big brother, let's get this little lady home."

"Thank you." Alena said. She gave them Tina's address and they left. If it had been anybody else she wouldn’t have trusted them with this task, but she knew the two of them were trustworthy and that her friend would get to her home safe and sound.

Jared ordered them each another drink.

"I'm really glad you were here tonight." Jared said. “This night would not have been half as enjoyable if we had been here alone.”

Alena blushed at his remark and looked down at her drink.

"I'm glad you were here, it's been great to get to know you better." She looked up at him and he had the biggest smile on his face. They talked for another hour about all kinds of things.

"Would you like to go home?" He asked her.

"Yes, it is getting a little late." She replied. She was a little disappointed, the evening had flown by.

They walked out and he flagged down a taxi and all too soon for Alena's liking they were in front of her apartment building.

Jared insisted on walking her to her door. He was a real gentleman.

"Thank you for a great evening, I really enjoyed it." She said blushing; unsure what to do.

"I have to thank you, Alena. This has been the most enjoyable evening I've had in a long time."

He stepped forward and gave her a hug. Alena's heart raced and her legs started to feel unsteady. His arms felt warm and safe, she wished she could stay like that forever. He took her keys from her hands and opened the door for her.

"Keep safe Alena." He said gently with a strange look in his eyes “He gave her another hug and whispered in her ear. “I’ll see you soon.”

With that he let go of her and walked away.

Alena was in a daze, she suddenly knew what the phrase "walking on clouds" meant. She went to bed feeling very happy and a little confused.

The last thought that went through her mind was whether she would see him again as he said.
********************************************************************************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so this is the second update for today. Hoped you liked it. Please let me know what you think.