Sequel: Your Guardian Angel

I'm Just off a Lost Cause, a Long Shot, Don't Even Take This Bet

Details

I turned to see my Mom and Brooke standing behind me, both with a tub of ice cream and a spoon. Brooke had a happy grin on her face and still had her spoon in her mouth.

“How’d it go?” My mom asked, I sighed and smiled, they laughed “I take that as a good sign,” she said as she walked through to the living room. Brooke and I followed her and we all fell down on the sofa with a sigh of happiness.

“Mom I love it here,” I admitted, Brooke agreed as she took another scoop of ice cream and ate it.

“Details,” Brooke demanded, I smiled and opened my mouth, I began telling the story not leaving anything out. By the end of my story, mom was giggling,

“He sounds sweet,” she said, I nodded.

“He is,” I admitted with a soft smile gracing my face, Brooke laughed,

“Someone’s in love," Brooke and mom said together, this caught me off guard and caused me to choke on the piece of ice cream I had stolen from Mom’s tub.

“Whaa..??” I asked if shock, this caused them to laugh harder. Mom place the lid back on the tub and walked into the kitchen, I heard the freezer door being closed before she reappeared.

“Well Girlies I’m going to bed, You don’t stay up to late,” She told us before ascending the stairs. I looked at Brooke, who was still smirking, I sighed loudly.

“I’m not in love,” I said in a serious tone,

“you keep telling yourself that, I’m going to bed,” She said as she stood up and headed for the stairs, “See you in the morning” she said and began to walk up the stairs, “Thanks for today, when you told that bitch off,” she finished before disappearing upstairs. I smiled and began to think back on my amazing date with Matt. I sighed in content before getting up and going to bed. In the morning I woke up to my mom shaking me,

“What? I’m up,” I mumbled, I suddenly felt cold and noticed my blankets gone, I sat up only to see Mom laughing her ass off. I glared before getting up and walking into the bathroom. After having a quick shower, I felt more awake, getting dressed into my black skinny Jeans and Metallica shirt, I applied my eye liner on thick. I went to the kitchen for a quick breakfast which consist of a strawberry Pop tart and orange juice. Brooke was sat at the table with her juice ready some pregnancy magazine.

Arriving at school, I walked Brooke to her locker and then headed to my own. After getting the books I would need for the next classes, I headed for my first class, Math. I saw Matt on the way, I waved at him and got a small smile back, he was with his friends. I was almost through the door to my math class when I felt a small tug on my arm.

“ I want you to meet my friends,” came Matt’s voice, I nodded before turning around and following Matt back over to his group of friends.