Sequel: Your Guardian Angel

I'm Just off a Lost Cause, a Long Shot, Don't Even Take This Bet

Excitement and Hospital runs

I woke up early on Friday morning, I cleaned my room up a bit, then had a quick shower, after I was dressed I went to the kitchen and got a strawberry pop tart for breakfast. Mom was in work early this morning so Brooke and I had to walk to school. On the way to school, I had time to reflect on what happen this week. Not only had I met Matt but he had asked me on a date and then came the hang over, Wednesday morning was possibly the worst morning I had ever experienced, not only did I have the worst headache ever but I was puking every time I tried to eat or even smell food. I groaned at the thought of ever having to experience that again.

I arrived at school ten minutes early, having time to clean my messy locker a bit, my arms were sore from carrying Brooke’s bag the whole way to school, I pulled my math book out of my locker and dropped it on the floor as I got my other books. I closed my locker door and bent door to put the books in my bag.

I stood up and turned to see Matt standing there, I smiled and walked over to him.

“Hey,” I said, he put his arm around my shoulder, I buried my face in his chest.

“My arms hurt,” I said with a loud sigh,

“Why?” Matt questioned with a confused facial expression.

“I carried Brooke’s bag all the way to school,” I answered, he nodded.

“Why didn’t you call me?, I would have brought you guys to school,” Matt stated, I looked up at him and smiled, I never thought of that. He smiled back before kissing my lips softly.

The bell went and we both walked to math, his arm around me the whole time, I loved the feeling of his arm around me.

By the time lunch came around, I was sat outside on the grass waiting for Brooke, I looked up and saw her running towards me with a worried look on her face. I gave her a questioning look,

“I’m bleeding,” She whimpered once she was close enough, Oh crap I thought.

I grabbed my cell phone from my pocket and dialled mom’s number,

“Hello,” she answered after the third ring,

“Mom Brookes bleeding,” I exclaimed in a worried tone, I noticed Matt approaching, he saw the look on my face and ran over.

“You need to get someone to bring you to the hospital,” mom explained, I nodded and then turned to Matt, pressing the phone into my shoulder.

“Can you please bring me and Brooke to the hospital?” I asked, he nodded,

“Yea sure, is something wrong,” he asked, looking me over. I shook my head,

“Not me but Brooke is bleeding,” I answered, Matt nodded before helping me get Brooke up off the grass, we walked in the direction of the car park, once we reached Matt’s car, we put Brooke in the back and I climbed in the passenger seat, Matt was quick to start the car after making sure everyone was buckled in.

Arriving at the hospital, Matt parked the car, we got out and soon we where in the waiting room of the hospital waiting for any news on Brookes condition. I paced the room nervously, Matt’s eyes followed me.

“Baby come sit down,” he said patting the chair next to him. I nodded and sat beside him, he pulled me into his arms and whispered sweet nothings into my ear.
“She’s gonna be okay,” he reassured, I nodded and thanked him for being here, he said it was nothing. I leaned my head on his shoulder, they had taken Brooke for tests an hour ago, still no news, I was extremely worried. The doctor appeared in the door of the waiting room, he had a small smile on his face, this reassured me.

“Are you here for Brooke Danvers?” the doctor asked, I nodded. “Your sister is okay and so is her baby,” he stated, I smiled widely, thanking god that everything was okay. I grabbed Matt’s hand and squeezed it, looking up I noticed he was also smiling.

“Can she leave?” I asked, he nodded and gave me papers,

“You just need to sign the release papers,” he explained, I nodded and sat down and began to fill them out.

Are you okay?” I asked as I ran around to open the door for Brooke, she nodded and took my hand as I helped her from the car. Matt helped me get Brooke into the house. She fell back on the couch, sighing she closed her eyes and began to relax.
“Thank you so much for today,” I said as I kissed Matt, when I pulled away, Matt pulled me into a hug.

“No problem,” he exclaimed, “I better be getting home, see you tomorrow,” he said, I nodded and kissed his cheek as he let me go and walked towards the door. When he was gone, I joined Brooke on the couch,

“I like him,” She stated, I smiled and nodded.

“Me too!” I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!