Endlessly, He Said

T w o

I saw a help wanted sign in the window of the Cafe and thought I'd go in and apply. I knew I could wait tables so it was the perfect job. I pushed my dark brown hair from my eyes and opened the door. 
    The bell made a clang as I walked in. Instantly I could smell coffee and breakfast food. It made my mouth water. I looked around the room, my eyes resting on a boy. He was small with black hair. And he was beautiful. I felt my heart skip a beat as he turned away. Not interested in me. Beautiful people didn't like abused ones.
    An annoyingly cheerful waitress came  up to me, leaning in close before whispering quietly to me.
     "I think that boy over there likes you." 
   I looked over to him again, watching as he poured foreign apologies to a man who instantly made my blood turn cold. I knew nothing about either of them and yet I felt it immediately- that poor boy was terrified. The sight of the older guy made me sick and I had to turn away.
   "Or maybe not. I guess he's taken" the giggling waitress said as she scampered away from me. 
    I finally tore my eyes away from the boy and made my way to the back to grab an application. All the while the too-sweet waitress was watching me. 
    Sighing I gave it to her, and left the cafe, eyes down. I could feel the bruises on my stomach and arms. I shouldn't have left my apartment so soon after.... I pushed those thoughts away and tried to stop the tears that pricked my eyes.
     I missed my mum. I missed Australia. I wanted to go home, instead of wasting away on my own in this shit city. I hated it here.
    As I turned the corner, I felt my heart leap into my throat. Standing on the corner between me and my shit apartment was a man in all black. I didn't think, didn't speak, I just turned tail and ran.