Endlessly, He Said

E i g h t

It was my first week at the cafe and I was working the griddle. The pancakes I was making looked amazing and smelled the same. Cooking always made me think of my mother and how she never had time to cook. So I'd learned in her stead.
     When It was my break, I left the kitchen, and slid toward the back entrance. I heard the noises. They were in the men's restroom.  I shuddered knowing too well what that noise was. Punks having sex in the bathroom. The bathroom I'd no doubt be cleaning later.  I sighed, punching the hard concrete wall and stepped outside to smoke. 
   I lit the cancer stick and took a long drag, knowing it'd be a long while before I had another. The box was empty and I didn't know anyone willing to buy cigarettes for a barely sixteen  year old boy. I slumped against the wall, my mind reeling. I had a bad habit of thinking too much and the throbbing in my busted lip wasn't helping calm the memories. 
     After what felt like hours, I threw away the dead butt of my cigarette and stood up, brushing my jeans off. As I walked toward the bathroom, hoping the couple inside was finished, the door opened and a man stepped out. My eyes narrowed and I looked him up and down. He was the man who had been in here before, when I had applied for the job. The guy who'd spoken harsh words in welsh.
    He reeked of sex and danger and I knew something was very wrong. I turned on my heel and opened the door, locking it. On the floor was Tobi, obviously in pain. I kneeled down to him silently inspecting his beautiful body. Bruised adorned his skin, a pale purple against the perfect white, and anger free in my throat.
   "Arschloch." I growled in German, startling Tobi. He looked up with tears in his eyes, and horror on his face. He didn't want me to see him and I could tell. Or maybe it was him who didn't want to see me. He looked at me like I had called him the asshole, not the man who'd just left him there to die.
   Before I could stop myself I tugged him into a hug, wrapping my arms around his tiny waist. He flinched away at first but his hands gripped my hoodie.
    "Make it quick." he muttered, determinedly keeping his eyes hidden.
    I gasped letting go of him. He thought I came in there looking for him just so I could... Touch him the way that man had... The very thought of hurting the poor boy- taking him against his will- disgusted me, making my stomach roll.
   "Wie konnte er?" I muttered almost silently, feeling a tear slide down my face, "How is it that someone could do this to a person?"
    Tobi looked up at me with fear in his eyes, and whispered, "I'm a filthy whore." 
     "You are not." I stated simply, wrapping an arm around his waist to pull him up.  "Come on, I'm taking you home. I bet your friend is worried sick about you."
     "Why are you helping me? he asked in the same whisper.
     "Because I'm not the kind of person who is going to leave someone who obviously needs a shoulder to cry on alone. I don't think it's a good idea." I said, feigning confidence as I pulled my sleeve further down to hide my own scars.
    He was silent, keeping his eyes on the floor. I tried to brush the hair away from his face and he pulled back violently, more tears spilling past his onyx bangs.
    "I'm sorry... Let's just get you home." I said, calling to Candy (ironic that her name is candy and she is sickly sweet, no?) that I was taking a friend home and that I'd be back in an hour. She nodded, giving me the 'he's hot.' eyes, and I just glared at her.
     He was silent the entire walk back. Didn't look at me, nor touch me. Just walked a little behind me with his head down. Like he thought he was going to get hurt again. I finally stopped where I first saw him and gave him a small smile.
   "If you ever want someone, just a friend to talk to come to the cafe, okay?"
    He was silent.
   "I gotta head back but I hope to see you again, Tobi. Please stop by." 
   He nodded, turning away. I watched him silently for a second, then made my way back to work. Candy was going to give me hell and back for this one, but I didn't care. My mind was on thoughts of the angel I'd stumbled apon and how I was going to mutilate the man who hurt him.
♠ ♠ ♠
The things said in german are "asshole" and "how could he" in reference to... Well the asshole.
Sorry for the shortness.