Sequel: Dear Liz

Dear John

I need you so much closer

I sigh as I look back up at the sky and watch a couple of birds fly around before the sun sets. I'm only interrupted when I hear the sound of a familiar engine approaching me.
As soon as his BMW is in my sight, I smile.

No. Nothing was a dream; it was all a wonderful memory.

He gets out of the car and plants a loving kiss on my lips and smiles that beautiful smile of his I can only try to imitate.

"You're late, O'Callaghan." He laughs.

"Well, maybe I wouldn't have been late if you hadn't made me drive all the way here instead of your houseā€¦Rhodes" All the way here to pick me up by this bench.

Our bench.

These past weeks I have been with him have seemed like a dream. Like some cheesy teen movie.

Once in a while I wonder what it would've been like if, during those years of high school, I had gotten to know him. Would my life have been less dull? But then I see that he is now next to me, holding my hand and I decide it does no good to dwell in the past.

That is one of the many things he has taught me.

Every passing day with him I learn something new. Every new day with him is unique.

I have been with other guys but, not one was even close to making me feel as happy as he does.

Sometimes I like to the think he is "The One" and other times I think that perhaps this won't be forever. Who knows?

Yet, no matter what the future holds I know one thing is for sure: For now, he is all mine.

Inhale.

Exhale.

And, what ever happens... he might be the Fifth John but he was my first love.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeap, it's done!

I'm sorry if this seems kind of fast-paced and vague but I have two good reasons for that:

1. The story had to be finished by January 19th for the contest and considering it has eight chapters I had to give eight letters late some time to get started with reading it.

2. That was always how I kind of portrayed Liz's thinking process; romantic but straight to the point.

I hope those are good enough reasons. If they still don't convince you here's some consolation: I promise I'll make the sequel more detailed...deal?

Anyway...besides working on the story from John's POV I'm also thinking of making a little love story for Jackie and short story feat. Joel Kanitz so, yeah...look out for that!

Thank you to all the readers and everyone who commented and subscribed. You make me happy inside. <3

(Feedback is still welcome. :B)