Status: Updates on:reader's choice..for now <- most told day will be updated

Lies on Paper

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Dear myself,

It's been a long Friday night, the Friday night I didn't expect when my teacher kept me late, that fate had this in mind for me. Kisayme is quite interesting compared to the quiet almost unnoticeable-self in the classroom as he tried to stay invisible. I never really paid attention before, okay maybe, once. Just once before, but I've only been in this school for a little more than a month. It was the first time I had ever looked up from anything I wasn't exactly sure what if was looking for and that's when-"

I looked down as all of the papers disappeared from my hands. "What's this? Some sort of sappy, romance, comedy?" Izy smiled laughing hysterically, at me. To confuse Aunt Beads they had come up with a plan, which was possibly inevitably stupid and useless since we would all eventually have to return home. But anyway since I was stuck in the car with two of the bunch of cretins I mine-as-well say it anyway: car hoping. Yup that was their ingenious plan the four brilliant minds had decided on. I would car hop all weekend between Claudia and Izy, or Kisayme and Amelia until Monday when I would have to return to school. By than Aunt Beads as they liked to call her would've probably
forgotten my face by than although still be looking for me. The only catch: I was never allowed to glance at a single one of them again. Not even passing through the streets, not even for a single second.

I sighed pulling my legs up onto the seat surprised I wasn't sick yet from Claudia's mad driving she drove like a crazy woman and Izy seemed to be enjoying every minute of it. Every time we drove by some unsuspecting civilians someone would loose something, have their clothing ruffle, or jump back out of terror. I glanced up a half-smirk on my face the other half of myself slightly worried. "Poor people" I could've thought but my mind was too busy concerned over why they were so panicked over this woman Aunt Beads who could use magical powers. "I'm asleep." I smiled to myself that was the only explanation for now. It had to be. . "Cheer up!" Claudia smiled stealing the c.d. from my book-bag they had somehow managed to stuff a ton of things into my book bag that were never there before. "Don't let it bother you everyday is a party!" Claudia shouted merrily as the starlight glittered in the car. "And if Aunt Beads does find us?" Izy said curiously almost mellow his attitude suddenly shifting even though it was his own mention of her. "We squish her!" The oh-so wonderful planner Claudia laughed.

"We tried that already" Izy sighed. There was a pause "Than next time we try it with a hammer." Claudia added like it would make a difference. "I've been stuck in the car since Friday afternoon." I thought to myself as Izy and Claudia argued about something, Izy climbed into the front sitting in the passenger seat. I looked towards the windows still needing out. The road was clear and the grass was flowing in the wind. "I'm driving that's not fair!" Claudia shouted at him. "She can't" he glared. "she's been cooped up in here for a day and several hours!" Claudia yelled rolling the window down. "Claudia don't you dare leave, we are still talking" Izy shouted as I looked up just in time to see Izy slip into the driver seat and the tips of her heels move out of the window. "Claudia" I said looking up as I was suddenly in the passenger seat.

"Sorry that was her extra magic accidentally....by the way you've been teleported!" he laughed as I looked for Claudia a sudden feeling of dizziness overwhelming my head. "She fell out of the car and your still driving and I magically teleported! And you're concerned about me?" I asked not sure if I should be enraged or embarrassed. "Of course I'm concerned you're adorable." he laughed as I gave him a peculiar look as he continued to laugh. He paused at my serious face and than begun to slowly explain their so-called 'curse'. "she doesn't exactly have a year, but she's part angel, she's a very far descendant, but she still has wings one of her almost dominant traits, hit me with them on accident once, hurt more than Kisayme pouncing on me." he sighed as I looked up. "Is he joking?" I thought thinking about how gentle Claudia seemed. "Dream it doesn't have to make sense." My mind buzzed as I nodded waiting for Izy to explain more.

As he looked at me suddenly sighing. "I am sorry, Cassidy." fell from his lips as he
became even more of an unnatural pale. "I wish, I wish I could've helped your mother." he mumbled as I looked up, almost no one knew about what happened to her except for my sister and I, not even a single soul at the school. "It's nothing no one could've helped her, she was alone." I replied dimly he didn't move only slow down to a really slow speed while driving.

Silence buzzed in my ears while my head filled the silence with questions that probably shouldn't be answered. Such as what had exactly happened to her. "Cassidy, your mother practically raised me till I was four, when my Aunt Beads stole me away, it's my fault your mother's dead....because she had a kind heart." He said reaching for me as he missed and the car fully stopped. "It isn't your fault" I replied staring out the window. "But I know at least this is....this situation...on Monday, I promise to never bother you again." he mumbled 'clank' suddenly in front of us was a dark figure engulfed in shadows in the shape of a human, the shadows all disoriented.

Izy jumped to the back before he could be teleported out of the front seat. Somehow Claudia's wings had disappeared. "Much better" she laughed smiling at me, as I tilted my head. "Never mind, anyway I've decided! We are going to a dance club!" Claudia smiled as Izy sat up from pretending to be asleep, sighing in disappointment towards Claudia's judgment. Leaving me wishing I knew what he was talking about but to mellow to ask. Not one single trace in my memories of him but yet it felt like I knew somehow he was always there. Somewhere deep inside the background.

"I'm never right, am I." he sighed. "Only when I don't agree" she laughed, hysterically. It as like watching a circus in the car, how crazy they all where. "So how long have you known each other." I asked as Izy rolled his eyes and Claudia's smile stretched a crossed her face creepily. "So...long ago, on a dark and rainy night that wasn't so rainy but it was dark-"
"Claudia you liar!"
"Am not"
"Are too"
"Maybe just a little."

And that's how it went for most of the ride as I stared out the window they argued about the stupidest stuff. "It could be life and death!" they argued several times as I looked up things begin thrown wondering if we where going to crash, so often, it became a normal feeling though. "Izy I've decided since you're such a two timing creeper you must sit in the trunk." Claudia snapped "THE TRUNK? No, wait Two-timing, how does that come into play?! I bet you don't even know what that means!" Izy sighed. "No, but the wording seemed to work!" Claudia yelled.

"Don't worry all of this will make sense eventually" A voice whispered to me as I smiled slightly unsure of why it brought me security and than looked back at the two who could
be considered an arguing couple. I laughed pushing away what might've been a feeling of jealousy, leaning back in my seat it was so late into the night there was no way she could expect us to get out of the car in such a supposedly dangerous situation. I was wrong.

Next time I opened my eyes from my short lived nap there was a figure leaning off of my open door and behind him stood Claudia with excitement hidden on her face. "Come on Cassidy get out of the car!" Claudia laughed looking at apparently one of her favorite locations. The guards on break had already taken their time to wave to one of their most valuable costumers. I paused wondering how she got in when her age was obviously just over 17. Ignoring it I unbuckled and got out of the car once Izy decided to move. "I was hoping you would say you're tired and stay in the car." He grumbled stuffing his hands in his pockets as I quickly assumed he was talking to himself trying to ignore him so I wouldn't make the situation awkward. I glanced up at the club my heart suddenly pulsing nervous, excited, already whispering that I should turn back through all of my adrenaline at the idea of trying something new.

Once we were within the club Claudia immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me away towards one of the guards to introduce me to him. Izy quickly went over to the drink stand. Apparently this was one of the very rare but popular clubs designed for teenagers to get away for a couple hours. They didn't serve alcohol except on the second floor which was called the 'adult' floor. But it was uncommonly used except for the staff members since this was a place that was supposed to be for teenagers to relax and mingle.

I glanced away it was an interesting concept but there was other things I could be doing other than mulling over the new idea of a teenager-only club. "So where's this person you wanted to introduce me too?" I asked glancing back towards Claudia who was still pulling me along the only thing different was her face had changed from happy and giddy to extremely serious. "I wonder which face is the true facade." I thought to myself, it was easy to mistake anyone's face if you didn't know them well enough. "Amelia and I aren't always going to be around to help all of the time but I need to know..." Claudia paused, gulped and looked down at me from her inch or two higher than me.

"What is your relationship to Izy and Kisayme?" Claudia crossed her arms, glanced up at Kisayme half-way a crossed the room, and than back towards me. I glanced at the floor still confused myself. "Truth be told....it's a single word." I whispered as Claudia tapped her foot not wanting to wait all day. "I'm a stranger." I glanced up at her feeling the confusion bubble to the surface in my chest again. True any normal person would've freaked out and screamed at the announcements they had been making this whole time. But the truth was. I was having fun. I actually thought they would like to be my
friends. I didn't want to disappear on Monday.

"I'm nothing but a stranger....A stranger that they can't wait for me to disappear on Monday." I whispered feeling the tears sprout to my eyes my hope of suddenly having friends in this place suddenly breaking as if they were fragile glass. "I'm going to become nothing." I whispered struggling to hide my suddenly breaking heart. I barely knew these people, why should I care what they thought? "Please don't react like that...what I meant was...I'm worried about Izy...Come here." Claudia led me outside towards a porch where no one was listening.

"The truth is...Aunt Beads as he call's her...is actually his mother...he refuses to accept that after what she's done so he calls her aunt like the rest of us." Claudia glanced at me as I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be listening or if I was allowed to question some things. "Wait....um about that...um, hereditary wise." I muttered towards Claudia who had placed her arms upon the railing ledge as I sat down in one of the chairs on the bench. "It's part of the curse...hereditary only has to do with getting the curse not what type of mythical being you are...Izy got lucky apparently he's only 1/3 of what he's supposed to be because he got lucky...the only thing that can hurt him is Kisayme for one. And for two emotions." Claudia replied trying to straighten things out.

"But the hereditary thing doesn't always work...like I'm not Izy's cousin or Kisayme's sister...anything like that....well actually I might be somehow related to Amelia. But well get there eventually." Claudia tried to push the topic away feeling the confusion upon it herself. "So the curse itself only affects certain people. Not necessarily because it's a curse on the family, and not necessarily a certain area. The curse is alright for most when they receive it till they hit adult and than they become crazy?" I glanced at Claudia trying to see if I got the gist of these curses.

"Pretty much. There's one single woman who hasn't been affected by that problem as an adult but she's still worried over it, that it might happen to her some day." Claudia explained. "Why hasn't affected her yet?" I asked. "Well it's only half-affected her...She apparently has the gift of being the mermaid." Claudia smiled as if she cared genuinely deeply for this woman a genuine smile.

"Why did you ask me what I meant to Izy and Kisayme?" I asked glancing at Claudia. "It was Izy's first girlfriend. It was late, cold, and she lived far away so Izy finally decided to introduce her to us. He called up her parent's and he must've been such a responsible boyfriend." Claudia paused there was a flash of a feeling I doubted I would ever understand in her eyes as she continued the story. "I remember it clearly. I was making cookies out of pure want to learn to cook that night so I was at the kitchen table. She came in wearing a nice scarf, a purple sweater, Izy's jacket over that, a skirt, black
leggings, and boots with fluff around them." Claudia paused as if retelling the details of what the girl looked like was hard on her in the first place. "Aunt Beads was the only one who could physically live with us at the moment. The last one. Izy was very fond of his mother at the time truth be told. He talked so easily with her about everything including his girlfriend. He came in a giant smile on his face." Claudia took in a breath of cold air. "He was smiling calling towards Aunt Beads to introduce the two...well apparently that's when the curse up and went throwing Aunt Beads a new power on top of the curse full exerting itself upon her." Claudia stopped. "You mean she went....crazy?" I muttered. "Yeah." Claudia frowned down towards the lower floors.

My hand immediately tightening I knew I shouldn't ask for what had happened but if I didn't my mind would scream for it. My mind would make up lies. I shook my head. Nothing would go wrong, this was my head, I was asleep. So I was in control it was my dream. I gulped standing up. "Be careful, I never want to see that face on Izy ever again." Claudia muttered out. Feelings twisted around inside me were they pity? I shook my head grabbing Claudia's hand.

"It's not healthy to bring up such sad memories. Izy will notice if you keep that face on and didn't have fun in your favorite club." I smiled back towards her as she nodded quickly turning to walk back in unbeknownst to us what was waiting for us.