Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 19: Work and Lunch

*Scrrch!* I was writing my set school work. Because I hadn’t gone on the trip, they gave me a pack of work to do and boy was it a lot!
I completed my languages homework easily. They were my best lesson. I could speak, talk and listen to any language and pick it up like magic. The rest of them were trickier.
By the time I had finished 4 hours worth work, it had rung lunch time. I hadn’t realised and I didn’t make any food. *Brrgh*
I was hungry. Quickly, I whipped up some pasta, which didn’t actually take long, however, he hadn’t come back till half way through lunch. It would have tasted nicer if I took longer, but at least I had made something.
When he strided in, sniffing deeply, I laughed to myself.
“What’re you laughing at?”
“Nothing, so how was your lessons?”
“Great! You been getting on you school work?”
“Yeah, already finished 4 hours, That’s 8 homeworks finished. Majority are getting done! So, because I’d be working exceptionally hard, the food isn’t as good as it could have tasted. Sorry, but at least I still made it! Try not to get any on your suit, it’ll look odd. I’ll bring it to the table,” I explained, plating the pasta and placing it on the table. I got myself one, and joined him.
I stared deeply at him, wanting to see his reaction, but he kept glancing at his phone and smiling. Eventually I lost my patience. “Will you eat?!”
He flinched, “Ah! Sorry! For a policeman, your brother can be pretty unlawful,”
“You’re talking to brother?”
“No, because ‘your brother’ is a ballerina,” he gasped sarcastically.
“I know, I know! It’s just odd, An English teacher in my school, who I like to hang out with is in tight contact with my looney brother…”
“I can see what you mean, anyway, I think I’ll try some,” And he started eating. It made my heart race when I watched the smile etch across his face as he chewed.
“Is it good?!” I asked excitedly, almost bouncing in my chair.
“Good? It’s not good, It’s great! I love it!”
“Really?! Yay!”
“You’re a great cook Marina! I’m betting whoever you cook for in the future will just fall in love with your food!”
Okay; now that hurt. I know he doesn’t know a thing about me liking him, but that still made my heart ache. He talked about my future with some man like it was nothing. Wouldn’t you feel beaten when the person you like says something like that to you?
“Ah, yeah, I hope they do,” I spoke stiffly, finding it difficult to keep a positive mind on hand.
“What’s wrong? Something’s happened,”
“No, no it’s nothing. Just a childish antic, no need to be curious! Well, if you hurry up and finish that bowl, you can get back to work. 2 more hours and you can go home!” I dismissed the conversation.
“Okay, but it’s actually 1, I have a free lesson last,” And we finished it off in an awkward silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys for sticking by me!