Status: Active

Love is a Luxury

X

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Jared and I shouted at the still sleeping John.

He proceeded to roll over and mumble profanities at us. "Aww, come on princess, you can finally drink legally now," Jared commented.

"John, wake up damnet!"Garrett came in the bunk area.

"Won't you assholes ever let me sleep in?!" He shouted, obviously pissed.He threw the covers off himself and stormed towards the bathroom.

We all looked around at each other, confused as ever. I could tell by their looks that they had mentally volunteered me to go talk to him.

"John?" I tapped on the door. Next thing I knew, the door flew open and I was snatched inside. His mouth was on mine in seconds.

"You're not mad?" I asked, shocked.

"Nah, I just wanna mess with them," he smirked.

"You're awful," I kissed him. "Happy birthday." John and I walked out of the bathroom at the same time.

"Oh shit son! John got his happy birthday present already!" Pat yelled.

I buried my face in my hands and shook my head. "That ain't till later, when I get him drunk," I winked at Pat and walked off the bus, John right on my heels.

"Is that a promise?" He asked, clearly excited. Deciding to be the flirt I am, I messed with him.

"Why don't we wait and find out?" I grabbed him by his belt loops and pulled him close.

"Why wait?" He raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"Cute," I smirked at him, releasing his belt loops and continued walking.

"Olivia!" He whined. I smiled at him, amused he's taking this so seriously. "We will finish this later!" He declared.

"All right. Whatever floats your boat."

"Why are you playing hard to get? That shit turns me on," he said in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"What if I'm doing it on purpose?" I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You suck," he cried.

"Oh well," I turned and walked in my bus while John sulked off.

"Fifteen more shows!" Caleb said excitedly, hugging me as he did so.

"Twenty-two more days!" I replied, biting the inside of my lip. Twenty-two more days and the tour was done. What was gonna happen after that? I would think about this later. Not right now though.

"Seven days off!" He shouted back.

"I don't know what else to count down for!" We laughed.

"Where's the birthday bitch?" He asked, noticing he didn't follow me.

"I dunno, probably pouting somewhere," I shrugged my shoulders.

"You're such a bitch," Caleb laughed and shook his head at me.

"I know," I smirked back.

"What are y'all doing for his birthday tonight?" He asked, plopping down on the couch.

"I'm not sure yet. I think I'll wait until tomorrow since so he can legally get drunk tonight for the first time," I said, sitting down beside him.

"Aren't you the best girlfriend ever?" He said. Next thing I knew, Serena was coming out of the bunk area, groaning and holding her head. She looked like complete shit.

"Would you guys shut the fuck up?" She said, throwing medicine bottles around, looking for the Tylenol.

"Hangover's are a bitch, aren't they?"

"Totally worth it though. I think I may have made out with Jack though. Four tequila shots in and I don't remember much of anything." I laughed at her.

"Shh, you talk too much," Serena said, sitting down in my lap and covering my mouth with her hand. She then got up and went back towards the bunk area where I assumed she was going back to sleep.

Someone knocked on the bus door and then opened it before I could even get up.

"Hey Jared," Caleb and I said simultaneously.

"So, we're having a party tonight for John. We're getting a motel room tonight after the show, so if you guys want, you're more than welcome to come."
"Yeah, that'd be sick man. I'll be there, Jimmie should be down, and if Serena recovers from her hangover, count her in too."
"What about you Olivia?" Jared looked at me.

"Yeah, course," I said.

"Well, we'll all meet at the hotel room I guess afterwards and The Maine's bus will be completely unoccupied..." Jared trailed off, looking at me.

"Do y'all really want your friend laid that bad?" I laughed.

"Uh, yeah!" Caleb and Jared agreed at the same time.

"Later guys," I said, walking off the bus. I started walking around the venue, bored as ever, taking in the surroundings. I couldn't believe that in twenty-two more days I would be done with this. No more tour with some of the coolest bands. No more fast food for breakfast. No more John. Fuck. I really didn't like thinking about it.

This was the closest thing to a relationship I've had in a while. We were actually kind of sappy towards each other. It had been two months since I've met him and still haven't put out. I actually cared about the kid and he seemed like he cared about me. I mean, hell, he flew out to Florida with me while Colby was in the hospital. You obviously have to care about someone to do that, right?

"Olivia!" John yelled, breaking me out of thought.

"Hey," I smiled as he ran up to me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, making it seem as legitimate as possible.

"Oh, all right. Well, do you wanna come back to the bus and chill? I swear I won't pull anything on you, I just wanna spend more time with you," he smiled.

I just grabbed his hand and followed him to the bus where we would sit in the back lounge and play video games.

---

The Maine was doing their set and John was piss ass drunk. As he talked to the crowd, he slurred his speech and messed up most of the song lyrics. The fans didn't care. Whether they knew why he was drunk or not, they were just stoked about seeing The Maine, which made me think about how rad the fans really are. They pay good money to see bands and don't let the smile fall from their face when the members come out wasted, How fucking cool is that?

After all the bands had played their sets, we followed The Maine's bus to the hotel, where all four bands rented a room. While everyone went down to the hotel bar, I stayed where I was. I decided to take a shower and wash tonight off of me. After getting dressed, I laid down in the bed Serena and I were sharing and curled up under the covers.

Before I could even think about falling asleep, there was a loud pounding on the door. I got up, where I looked through the peep hole to see John. I opened up the door for him where he piled in.

"Why in the HELL are you not partying with us?" He asked.

'"It's your birthday. Why do I need to party?"

"Because, you're really fucking awesome."

"John, how sober are you right now?"

"Sober enough to know what's going on, but drunk enough to forget in the morning."

"Go back to having fun. Celebrate your birthday and please stay out of trouble. I'd really hate to have to bail you out of jail tonight," I kissed him quickly and pushed him out the door.

"Hey Olivia?" He asked before I closed the door.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for everything. Putting up with the shit I've put you though and stuff." Before I could say anything else, he walked away.

I shut the door, still in shock and went back to bed. I didn't sleep much that night, just lied awake and listened to my iPod.

A few more hours had passed, and it was a little after eight in the morning. I got up, grabbed the room key off the TV and went downstairs for breakfast. To my surprise, John was already down there, sipping on a cup of coffee.

"You? Up this early? After a night of drinking?" I asked, sitting across from him at the table.

"Gotta love those phone calls from home. Shane just wanted to call because he knew I'd have a hangover today, that little prick."

I laughed at him. "Garrett also snores really loud after partying, so I didn't get much sleep."

"Neither did I. I'm tired as hell."

"You wanna go back to my bus and sleep?"

"I've never heard of a better idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's been a while, huh? Sorry it's so short. It's like 12:30 at night, and I'm tired as hell, but it's better than nothing, right?

Check out my other story Growing Up ft. Garrett Nickelsen. This is pretty much just for fun, and I've come to conclusions that writing two stories at once is not a good idea. Well, for me at least, but now I'm on summer break, so I should be updating more often. (: