Status: Active

Love is a Luxury

XV

“So what now?” He asked as we laid in bed.

“I don’t know,” I said honestly. At that moment, a car door slammed outside of the room, and shouts and laughter filled the silence. “Shit.” I said as I started to put my clothes back on, as did John. We were dressed in record time and curled back under the covers when the boys emerged into the room.

“Gross!” Halvo shouted when he noticed us. “You couldn’t have done that in Garrett and Shane’s bed?” He whined.

“Relax, nothing happened. We were just talking, and I got cold. It’s safe,” I told him to calm him down.

“Are you staying here Livy?” Shane asked.

“Nah, I gotta go home and help Jimmie get to his room before he passes out on the stairs. Sorry,” I apologized.

“I should probably go with you, considering you shouldn’t pick up heavy things,” John said.

“Why aren’t you supposed to pick up heavy things?” Shane asked. John and I looked at each other and made the mental decision on what to tell him.

“Well, Uncle Shane…” He trailed off, hoping he’d get it.

“Uncle Shane..?” He cocked his head to the side, and John and I simultaneously put our foreheads into our palms, shaking our heads while doing so.

“She’s pregnant, stupid,” Garrett pointed out the obvious and Shane’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“I’m gonna be an uncle?! Wee!” He said while hugging me lightly. “Mini John or Mini Olivia?”

“We don’t know yet, in a few weeks. Calm you self Bud.” John said to his younger brother. “And we don’t tell Mom yet. Okay? The only people who know are her family, and this room.”

“Can we at least tell the other room? You know, the rest of The Maine, Gibbs, and Ross?”

Before John could even ask what I wanted to do, I cut him off. “It’s your kid too; you can make decisions on it too. Let’s just keep it in hiding from the public just a little bit longer though, okay?” He nodded, kissed my cheek, and then told Shane to get the rest of the boys, who were surprisingly border-line sober.

“Okay, why does Shane look like someone gave him three Red Bulls?” Jared asked us as he entered the room.

“He’s just really happy,” Halvo said.

“Did you guys let him drink?” Austin asked.

“No,” I laughed. “He’s just really excited cause he’s gonna be an uncle, and so is Ross,” I smiled.

“No way! Seriously?!” Ross shouted. “Stand up and let me hug you,” I laughed at him and followed his instructions. “May I?” He asked, gesturing to my stomach. I raised my hands as he started to rub my swollen stomach.

“How far are you?” Jared asked, replacing Ross’ spot.

“Fourteen weeks. I find out what it is in two weeks.”

“Congrats!” Austin said, wrapping his arms around me and giving me a sloppy, drunken kiss on my cheek.

“Aww, Gibbs, gross,” I laughed, wiping the slobber off.

“So, I’ll say it again, Shane and Ross, we’re not telling Mom yet, and for the rest of you guys, we’re keeping this from the public just a little bit longer, so no Tweets with congratulations, okay?” John stated. Everyone nodded.

“So are you showing yet?” Kennedy asked. I nodded, lifted up my dress because I had shorts underneath, and showed them the small bump that was emerging from my abdomen.

“It’s so cute!” Halvo exclaimed, making me laugh.

“So uh, I really need to get home and check on Jimmie. You coming with me?” I asked John. He nodded. “Are you staying with me, or do you need a ride back?”

“I wanna stay with you,” he said, giving me a seductive look.

“They gonna get it on!” Garrett cheered.

“Looks like they already did,” Jared mumbled, which made the whole room laugh.

“I’ll see y’all tomorrow. I’m going home. Bye,” I waved and walked out the door with John in tow.

“I love how they love you,” he said, grabbing my hand and intertwining his fingers with mine.

“I know, I kinda like it. I just hope they keep it to themselves for right now. I kinda wanna come out about it when I’m ready.”

“Yeah, I understand.” We got into my car and drove back to my house in a comfortable silence. I was rather surprised to see very few cars in my driveway considering it was only a little past midnight.

John and I walked inside to find a drunken Jimmie trying to crawl up the stairs. John picked him up and helped carry him the rest of the way up as I dug his room keys out of his pocket. I then unlocked his room and he passed out as soon as he hit the bed.

“We’re out of booze, go home!” I shouted downstairs.

“What if they’re too drunk?”

“If you can’t drive, sleep in your car!” John shook his head at me while I gave him a smirk.

“You are terrible,” he kissed me.

“I know. I am going to check on them though,” I said, grabbing his hand and taking him back downstairs with me.

After seeing who was sober enough to drive and taking keys from some friends, I locked up the doors, caring less about the mess in the living room and went to my room, John in tow.

“Unzip me,” I told John and turned around so he could do it. “Thanks,” I said and pulled off my dress, leaving me in a bra and shorts.

“Oh wow. I didn’t realize how pregnant you really were,” John said in shock.

“Well, yeah,” I laughed. “It’s gotta make room to grow.”

“Yeah, but you used to be so little, it’s crazy to see you with a belly.”

“Are you calling me fat, O’Callaghan?” I challenged.

“No! No! I didn’t mean it like that!”

“Calm yourself babe, I was kidding,” I laughed and kissed him. I then changed into some basketball shorts and a baggy t-shirt.

“You are too damn cute,” he kissed my nose as I crawled in bed with him.

“I really do love you, John. I’m sorry tour had to end the way it did,” I closed my eyes and pressed my forehead against his.

“All that matters is that I’m here with you now,” his hands lightly touched my stomach, almost as if it was fragile. “I love you too.” And for the first time in a long time, I felt happy, almost as if this is where my home was meant to be. With John.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my goodness. I'm sorry it's so short and I'm so sorry it took so long to update, but I just got my computer fixed. The charger had broken, and I never got it fixed for like, seven months. But who cares?! Update!
Little John or Little Olivia?