Status: Active

Love is a Luxury

IV

“WAKE UP!” Someone shouted. I rolled over and shoved my head under a pillow. “You too,” they said before snatching the pillow off my head.

I looked up. “Fuck you, John,” I spat and pulled the covers over my head.

“I can’t do that, I have a girlfriend,” I could almost hear him smirk.

“You’re a dick fucker. Go fall in a hole and break your wrist, Asshole,” I said before rolling onto my back, trying to wake myself up.

“Morning,” Kennedy said as he stretched.

“Morning,” I curled into his side.

“Both of you, up,” John said before nudging us with his foot.

“What the hell is your deal? I just wanna sleep in,” I asked John.

“You should’ve slept in a bunk then,” he retorted. I snatched a comforter and a pillow from the pile before crawling into Kenny’s bunk and trying to go back to sleep.

“Get your punk ass up,” I heard a different voice say.

I looked up, still annoyed until I realized who it was. “Hey Shane.”

“You wanna hang out with us today?”

“I hope you don’t mean right this second.” He shook his head. “Yeah, let me wake up more and eat and stuff,” I got up out the bed and followed Shane towards the front
of the bus.

I grabbed an apple off the counter and took a bite as I sat down next to Kennedy. He draped his arm around my shoulders and I leaned my head on the crook of his arm.

“Whoa, are you guys, like, you know, now?” Ross asked wide-eyed. We both nodded at the same time, noticing John was in the room with his back turned.

“Who?” He turned around. Kennedy and I both raised our hands and his eyes about bulged out of his head when we did. After recovering seconds later, he nodded and turned back around. I let a grin plaster my face for a moment before retracting it and
grabbing my backpack and changing.

I put on my clothes , brushed my hair and teeth and applied my make-up. I walked back into the lounge to see John had left and it was just the boys. “I’m gonna hang out with them today, so I guess I’ll see you later or something,” I told Kennedy who nodded and waved goodbye to us as we walked out the door where we climbed in the vehicle they had.

“You guys aren’t really… are you?” Shane asked, which I replied by shaking my head. “To piss of John?” I let a grin creep onto my face and nodded.

“According to Kenny ‘he’ll realize what he missed out on in a couple days’, so I let him talk me into it, so here I am in a ‘relationship’,” I air-quoted the word and smirked.

“He will and everyone knows it, just continue what you’re doing with Kennedy, and you’ll be set to go. He’ll snap, which might lead to a yelling match, then he’ll come apologize, and tell you stuff along the lines of ‘I really like you, I wish you wouldn’t do this’, blah, blah, blah, then he’ll try to get back with you.”

“And how many times have you seen that done?”

“Seen, never, but John tells Ross here almost everything, and Ross tells me that it’s happened twice. Both with extremely pretty girls, so don’t stress, you’ve got it made.” I gave a nod before focusing back on the road.

We pulled into the driveway of a tan house with flower pots lining the outside of
the house by the door. “Whose house is this?” I asked as we all got out of the car.

“Ours, I forgot something,” Ross explained. I followed them up the stairs and into the house.

“Back so soon?” I heard his mom ask as we walked through the doors. “Oh, hi Olivia, it’s good to see you. Where’s John?”

“He’s back at the bus hanging out with Lacey.”

“Oh?” She asked as if she were uncertain about the situation. “Are you guys still…?”

“No ma’am, we broke up last night,” I said simply.

“That’s a shame; I took quite the liking to you over her.” This made me smile as Ross walked down the stairs from the second floor

“Ready?” He asked. I nodded.

“Bye Sweetheart, maybe I’ll see you sometime before you guys leave, and maybe if things between you and Johnny work out, you’ll be coming back to see us,” she smiled and gave me a hug.

“Maybe,” I bit my lip, hoping things would work out.

“No, that’s not even a question. She’s coming back whether her and John are friends again or not,” Shane stated, making us all laugh.

“Bye Mrs. O’Callaghan,” I waved as I followed them out the door. “I like your mom,” I stated as I got into the car.

“And she likes you, apparently even more than Lacey, and Lacey’s been her favorite girl so far,” Ross replied. I let a smile sneak onto my face.

We drove down to the park where we sat and talked for a while before noticing it was going on eight o’clock and the bands were going to be heading out soon. They drove me back to the rest area we stayed at for the night.

“So, I guess this is goodbye. Thanks guys, for everything. Hopefully I’ll be seeing you again,” I hugged both of the boys.

“You’re welcome. We’ll call you and shit, bye Livy,” Shane said before they both walked off. I turned and went to find Never Growing Up’s tour bus, but only noticed one. The Maine’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. Hate me.