Status: Active

Love is a Luxury

V

“Where’s my band?” I asked, walking through the door.

“Everyone left except for us. We told everyone that we’d wait for you. We tried to call you, but it didn’t do through,” Jared explained.

“Well, that was nice I suppose. Where’s everyone else?” I asked when I noticed he was the only one in the bus.

“Kenny’s in his bunk, Garrett and Pat went on a food run, I hope you like quesadillas by the way, and I think John and Lacey are in the back watching movies,” he replied.

I opened the door to walk into the bunk area where I heard the sound of an acoustic guitar and someone singing lightly. I closed the door quietly behind me and continued to listen to the song. “I’m coming back to you in Portland. I should’ve stayed back there with you on the coast of Maine.” I listened for another few minutes, even if I already figured out it was Kennedy singing. “I should’ve stayed, I should’ve stayed. Why is love so unforgiving?”

“You have quite the voice Kenny,” I said when he finished the song, pulling the curtain to his bunk open.

“Did you hear that?” He blushed a little.

“Yeah,” I smiled and sat down beside him. I heard a moan from the back of the bus and I shuddered in disgust.

“That’s why I keep one of these,” he pulled his iPod Touch out of his pocket. “On me every time I’m around both of them.”

“No wonder Pat and Garrett went on the food run. I’d run from that shit too,” I got up in search of my backpack. “Kenny, have you seen my backpack?”

“Yeah, I think since you said that it was going to be your last night, John told Jimmie to go ahead and take it back to your bus when he was over here today. Do you need something to sleep in?” I nodded. He got up, went to the closet and pulled out a black Brighten t-shirt. “Shit, we have no clean shorts. Do you want a pair of boxers or something?”

“It doesn’t matter. I can just sleep in my underwear as long as you aren’t going to mind.” He thought about it for a minute before shaking his head. He climbed in the bunk while I went to go change, keeping my shorts on until I made it back to the bunk room. It was dark in there, but for some reason I was still blushing as I slid the shorts down my legs. Sure, he’s not the first guy to see my underwear, and I’m sure I’m not the first girl he’s seen in this situation, but it was still awkward.

I laid down beside him under the covers and felt his arm snake around my torso. I smiled when I felt him kiss me softly on the side of my neck, then bury his face into the nape of my neck.

“Food’s here!” Pat shouted.

“I’m not really that hungry, what about you?” Kennedy asked me.

“Not really. Shane, Ross, and I swung by Hardees on the way here and got something to eat there.” He gave a simple nod. A couple minutes later, John and Lacey emerged from the back room, giggling as they passed our bunk. “Tomorrow we’re Lysol-ing the fuck out of that couch.” He chuckled at my statement before agreeing to it.

“KENNY’S GETTING LAID!” John shouted as he reappeared in the bunk area. I let out a sigh and shook my head a little.

“You’re so mature O’Callaghan, I mean really,” I said sarcastically.

“Why thank you. Anyway, food’s here, and they wanted me to tell you guys.”

“We’re not really that hungry. Tell them to just put it in the fridge or something. We’ll get it later or in the morning,” Kennedy explained. John nodded and left.

I rolled over and faced him. Without saying anything, I slowly leaned in a kissed him on the lips. There was a pause after I pulled away before his lips were back on mine. Soon, things were pretty heated, and we were removing each others clothing. I think it’s pretty safe to say you know what happened after that.

---

“Good morning,” Kennedy said as I rolled over. “When you get up, keep your hair on your left side. You have a hickey.”

I groaned. “Seriously?” He nodded. I got up and followed his instructions. I put my shorts back on and Kennedy got out of the bunk as well. “You need to put a shirt on.”

“Um, why?”

I let a smirk slip onto my face. “When you get the chance, look at your shoulder and your back.”

“What did you do?” He said with slight panic in his voice.

“Oh, nothing…” I grinned. “But do you remember when I scratched your back when we first started, and when I bit your shoulder to be quieter?”

His eyes grew at first, then grabbed his shirt and pulled it on.

It was later that night and after the show that the boys decided to call over the other bands and play some truth or dare.

“Alex, truth or dare?” John asked him.

“Dare.”

“I dare you to strip butt-ass naked and run around the outside the bus.” Before I had time to register what was taking place, Alex was shirtless and in the process of kicking off his shoes and undoing his belt.

I turned my head into Kennedy’s shoulder, not caring to see what Alex had hidden under his clothes. After about a minute, I heard them come back inside with a mixture of laughs and pants. “Do you have your pants on now?” I asked.

“Yes, pansy.”

“Why’d you cover your face? You’ve seen one before,” John stated.

“Where’d you see one at?” Jack gasped as if he believed I was a good kid.

“That’s my business. Don’t worry about it,” I blushed.

“All right, Olivia, truth or dare?” I thought about it.

“Dare.”

“I dare you to tell me where you’ve seen a dick before,” Alex smirked.

“I had a porn addiction,” I lied, earning a couple laughs.

“You’re lying, seriously though,” Alex replied.

“I’m, uh, not a virgin…” I trailed off, scratching the back of my neck.

“No way, really? I didn’t know that,” Garrett said.

“You didn’t hear her and Kennedy last night, they we’re—,” I shot over everyone and covered my hand over John’s mouth.

“That’s the end of this discussion John,” I warned and uncovered his mouth.

“Kenny, you took her V-Card?” Alex asked. Kennedy replied by shaking his head. “Then who did. How many people have you slept with Olivia?!”

“You know the singer of our band?” They nodded. “Yeah, him. And then I got drunk at a Maroon 5 concert, and may or may not have had sex with Adam Levine. That’s it, besides Kennedy,” I blushed and buried my face in my hands.

“So you have a thing for singers, huh?” Rian asked.

“I guess, I don’t know. Hayley, you’re the only single singer over here. Watch your back,” I winked jokingly, making everyone laugh.

“Let’s go,” she got up, and I got up with her. The boys’ jaws dropped when they thought we were really putting the plan into action.

We closed the door to the bunk area behind us and crawled into Kennedy’s bunk, where we tried to conceal our laughter and did a pretty good job of it. “Mess up your hair,” I whispered and ruffled mine around a bit.

“Has anyone seen that hickey?” She asked.

“I don’t think so, except for Kennedy, only because he gave me it. Is it yours now?” She nodded. “Let me text Kenny and tell him to go along with it,” I sent the message and closed my phone. He replied with an ‘okay’ and we stayed in the bunk area an extra ten minutes before emerging with messy hair, and my hickey exposed.

We giggled as I went into the bathroom and brushed out my hair and she did the same. The boys exchanged glances, including Kennedy, making it seem more legit.

“No. Way.” Jack said in awe. Hayley and I shrugged our shoulders.

“Jeeze Hayley, look at what you did to her neck!” Garrett exclaimed.

“Ha, ha, whoops,” she replied.

We let the boys believe that she had given me the hickey and continued on with our game of truth or dare.

Kennedy had gone to bed, John had left with the All Time Low members, the Paramore crew had left with Lacey tagging along with them, so it was just the guys and I. “So, you and Hayley, did you really?” Jared asked.

“That’s none of your business,” I smirked and laid my head in his lap.

My phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and stepped outside to pick up the call, knowing I didn’t want anyone to hear the conversation.

John’s Point of View

“I miss you too, Sweetheart. I’ll be home soon though, I promise,” she said into the receiver. “I know, Baby. I love you too, but I have to go. I’ll talk to you soon. Call me again, all right?” She smiled. “Bye,” she hung up the phone.

“Who were you talking to?” I asked her.

“Just a friend,” she shrugged like it was no big deal.

“It kinda sounds like more than a friend. Olivia, are you cheating on Kennedy?” She looked like she was taken back by the comment. Good.

“So first you eavesdrop on my conversation, and then you accuse me of cheating on my boyfriend? I thought you were different John. I guess not,” she turned on her heels to leave. “You can tell him I’m cheating, and make him break up with me, but it will all happen over a lie you told,” she walked inside, and for a moment, I kind of felt bad. Maybe she was telling the truth, and wasn’t cheating Kennedy.

She came back outside with her backpack and started walking back to her band’s bus. “I’m not going to tell him.” She stopped dead in her tracks.

“Well, thanks I guess. That stopped a whole argument from breaking out with Kennedy.”

“Goodnight Olivia.”

“Night John.”

For the first time in a while, I thought maybe things between Olivia and I might be civil once again.

Olivia’s Point of View

It had been three days since the incident where John thought I was cheating had happened. John had kept his word and hadn’t said anything, which I respected him for, because I didn’t want to explain to everyone who I was really talking to.

Kennedy was sleeping, Lacey was in the bunk area, and John was in the back lounge. Jared, Pat, Garrett and I were hanging out in the front of the bus, watching movies and lounging around.

“Someone go get John, it’s his turn to go on a food run,” Pat said. No one moved. I sat up and walked to the back lounge, knocked on the door and waited for his reply. When he finally said something, I opened the door. He had his guitar in his lap and a pen in his hand.

“I was told to get you because it was your turn to get food,” I turned to go back to the front of the bus and was followed out by him.

“All right.” I looked on the floor to find a pair of basketball shorts and thong. I hushed John and pointed to the ground. We both raised our eyebrows at each other. Then we heard it. A moan. From a female. In Kennedy’s bunk. “I’m breaking up with you Lacey,” John stated.

“And Kennedy, we’re breaking up too. Stay free of STDs,” I shouted as I walked out of the bunk area. “Busted…” I sang and followed John outside. He sat down in a chair and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it, and then taking a long drag. “Since when do you smoke?” I asked.

“Since I realized how stressful touring was,” he stated and blew out his smoke.

Shortly after, Lacey threw open the door of the bus and stomped outside. “What was that little comment? ‘Stay away from STDs’? What the hell is that supposed to mean?” I laughed a little.

“Sweetheart, I think it’s pretty much self-explanatory. It means don’t move on and find some nasty little hoe with herpes.”

“I’m not a hoe, so don’t call me one,” she pointed her finger in my face. I pushed it away and stood face to face with her.

“I’ve never called you one, but from what you were doing about five minutes ago, I’d say it would fit the description of one. I think you just need to pack up your bags and go back to Phoenix or Tempe or wherever the fuck you came from.”

“I need to go? Bitch, you’re not even wanted here! The boys talk shit about you all the time when you’re not around,” I found this hard to believe, but somehow I still thought there was a little truth to it.

“At least I’m not a cheater. I’m done with this conversation,” I grabbed a cigarette out of John’s pack and took his lighter with me as I walked away. I didn’t smoke. I’ve never smoked. But today I was breaking any promise I’ve ever made to anybody not to light up one of the death sticks. It just seemed like the right thing to do when you were mad.

“Excuse me, ma’am, but would you happen to have a lighter on you?” A tall man with brown hair, chocolate colored eyes, and a moustache walked up to me. I pulled John’s lighter out of my pocket and handed it to him as I took another drag.

“You’re Austin Gibbs, aren’t you?” He just nodded and handed back the lighter.

“You a fan?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“You’re calm for a fan,” he stated.

“I’ve been around people in bands for about two weeks now. I’m kinda used to it.”

“Oh really? Are you on tour with somebody?”

I nodded. “Yeah, my band, Never Growing Up. We open up for Paramore, All Time Low, and—,” he cut me off.

“The Maine. I’m close with them,” he smiled. “You’re the drummer for your band, right?” I nodded. “I like how into the music you get. You don’t look arrogant like you know you’re the best, you just go with it. I like that about you.”

I blushed a little, “thanks.” My phone started to ring. “It’s John,” I went to open the phone and press talk but Austin cut me off.

“May I?” I nodded and handed him the phone. “Hi, you’ve reached Olivia. She’s not able to pick up her phone right now because she’s sharing a cigarette with the amazing Austin Gibbs. If you leave a message, she’ll probably ignore it, so don’t waste you time,” Austin laughed. “Yeah man, here she is,” he handed me the phone.

“So I’m guessing you met Gibbs while walking?” He asked. I replied with yeah, and he continued talking. “Well, Lacey’s leaving in two days. If you want, you can bunk with whoever, tomorrow, you can sleep on your own bus if you can tolerate Brooke, and then the day after that, if you want to, you can come back. Deal?”

“Can do,” I hung up the phone. “I better get headed back. It was really nice meeting you Austin. Maybe I’ll see you around.”

“Sounds good to me,” he hugged me and I walked away back to the bus. Kennedy was outside, sitting in the chair beside the bus.

“Are you pissed at me?” He asked.

“Not really. Disappointed maybe, since you did that to your best friend’s girl, but I mean, we weren’t official or anything, we both know why we did what we did, and as long as you didn’t touch that before we did anything, we’re all good man.”

“Yeah, nothing happened until tonight, no worries.” I nodded and went in the bus.

I crawled on the couch in the back lounge and shut off the lights. I fell asleep in an instant.

When I woke up the next morning, everyone was still asleep. I eased through the bunk area and took one of my ADD pills before the day started. I skipped out on an anti-depressant and sat on the couch.

Minutes later, John came into the front lounge and sat down next to me on the couch. “I think I’m gonna head over to my bus before Lacey wakes up, and I have to put up with her,” I said, getting up off the couch.

“I think you should give her a chance.” This sent me into shock.

“Uh, what?” I stammered. “She hollered at me last night, and you expect me to get along with her? John, are you fucking drunk?”

“I’m serious. She’s pretty cool; she just messed up last night.”

“It’s not happening John. I’ll see you later,” I turned to walk out the door, but his long fingers wrapped around my wrist.

“Why are you such a bitch sometime?” By this time, his eyes were huge, as if he couldn’t believe what he had just said. I snatched my arm from his hand and stormed out the door. I punched in the code on the door of my band’s bus and walked inside, only to crawl into the bunk that was already occupied by Ozzy. I dozed off into a nap only to be woken up by yelling and cheers.

I didn’t even have to get out of the bed to know they were wrestling. I walked into the lounge to find out my theory was correct. The Maine and Never Growing Up were all crowded around Jimmie and Jared in the floor. I rolled my eyes, and then got distracting by my phone ringing.

I walked into the bunk area since it was an unsaved number in my phone, and didn’t want them to have to talk to me over the commotion.

“Hello?” I asked. I listened to the words the woman was telling me over the phone.

I dropped the phone—it’s the only reflex I could handle. Tears started welling my eyes and when I finally registered everything, I burst through the lounge, sobbing. “Colby and mom got into a car accident. Mom’s fine, but Colby…” I choked, thinking about the two and a half year old. “Colby’s in a coma. They don’t know if he’ll pull through,” I collapsed into Jimmie’s chest and sobbed. “I need to go back and see them.”

“I know, we’ll book a plane ticket and leave first thing. It’s gonna be fine.”

“Jimmie, it’s not gonna be fine. My fucking son is in a coma! And the worst part is, he has thirty percent chance of pulling through. I just need to go back and see him and mom.”

“Go pack, I’ll go online and look for the cheapest ticket I can find.” I nodded, wiping some of the tears off my face and headed to the back lounge to start packing my stuff, but those five words stopped me.

“I wanna come with you,” John stood up and said.

“Me too,” Garrett agreed.

“Guys, you have a band you’re in. One band’s fixing to be missing members, there can’t have two.”

“I can take over John’s part,” Caleb said.

“And I play bass, so I can easily take over Garrett’s part,” Serena added.

“It’s up to Jimmie,” I said simply and turned to try and pack. Within minutes I had everything in a bag, setting at my feet. All I could do now was wait.

I sat down in my bunk where Ozzy was asleep. When he heard me sniffle, he perked his head up. Then he realized I was crying and sat up, whining and leaned against me. “I don’t know what to do Ozzy. Colby’s in a coma. That’s my whole life. I don’t know what I’m gonna do without him,” I sobbed into Ozzy’s thick coat until I felt two lanky arms pick me up and set me in their lap.

As my hair was being stroked, I took in the familiar scent of John. I didn’t care who I cried into at this point though. “I’m not going to say it’s going to be all right, but I really hope that everything is, not only for your sake, but Colby’s as well.” That made me feel a little better, knowing he cared, but it still didn’t help anything. “How old is he?”

“Two and a half. He’ll be three in December.”

“Is he you’re biological son?”

I shook my head. “No, my sister got arrested for making meth when she was pregnant with him, so when she had him, she wanted me to legally adopt him. He doesn’t know I’m not his real mom. He’s my world and he has my heart, but he’s breaking it right now. Oh, God, John, I hope he’s okay!” I sobbed once again into his shirt.

“Is she ready?” Jimmie asked through the door. I nodded and John replied with a yeah. “We need to go. I’ll get her bags, just carry her.” He picked me up bridal style and carried me out the door, me sobbing into his shirt the entire time. He set me down in the Suburban we had at the venue and sat down next to me.

“That’s who you were talking to that one day, wasn’t it?” John asked. I just nodded. “He’s lucky to have a mom like you. You care about him, a lot, and I’m sure he loves you just as much as you love him,” he kissed the top of my head, and my tears stopped. I hiccupped every now and then until we arrived at the airport. “Ready?” John asked. I nodded. He squeezed my hand and kissed my temple as we got out of the car.

I tapped my foot the whole time as Jimmie, John, Garrett and I sat at the gate, waiting for the plane to arrive. “Olivia, I wish you would calm the hell down. Yes, I know Colby’s in a coma, but you’re going to worry yourself into one if you don’t chill out.” I ignored him and let him know by rolling my eyes. I continued to tap my foot and took a drink of Garrett’s soda.

“Usually, we would be fighting right now based on the action you just made, but I’ll let you get away with it today,” Garrett explained.

“You sounded pretty damn smart in the last sentence. You should’ve thrown in some big words and you’d sound like a fucking genius!” John said. This earned a smile to tug at the corner of my lips.

“Gate H14 to Jacksonville, Florida now boarding. Gate H14 to Jacksonville, Florida now boarding,” the stewardess announced over the intercom. If it wasn’t waiting for the boys, I would’ve been the first one in line.

“Stop being so antsy. Being first in line isn’t going to get us there any faster,” Jimmie tried to tell me.

“I don’t care,” I snapped. “It gets me one step closer to getting there, and that’s all that I care, now hush it and stop pestering me about it, okay?” I handed the flight attendant my boarding pass, received it back, and waited for the boys.

I sat in my seat which was between the window and John. He put his hand on my knee, which stopped me from looking out the window. “Please calm down, for me?”

I nodded my head. “Jimmie, call someone to pick us up,” I told him and leaned back into my seat. After what seemed like forever, the seat belt light finally flashed, and the pilot came over the intercom and started giving us information about Jacksonville. Then, the stewardess’ came into the aisles and gave us instructions on what to do if the plane were to crash. We took off, and three hours later, we were landing in Florida.

We headed straight to baggage claim and stood outside. “Craig should be here any minute,” Jimmie stated.

“Well, he better hurry the fuck up,” I mumbled.

“Look, there he is. Chill the fuck out.” We threw our bags in the trunk as he pulled up, and Jimmie climbed in the front seat, leaving me sitting in the middle between John and Garrett. They started talking and I zoned off. Another three hours had passed and I was still zoned out. I wasn’t aware of where we were until we pulled up at the hospital.

“Just give me a call, and I’ll come get y’all, okay?” Craig asked. I took off running to the hospital. Garrett caught up to me and stopped me.

“Stop it,” he warned. The boys caught up to us and John grabbed my hand with a little bit more force than was necessary.

“All right, I won’t fucking run, just cut loose on the pressure on my damn hand,” I snatched it back as we walked inside.

I sat down in the lobby as Jimmie started talking to the nurse. “All right, thanks. Come on Olivia,” he motioned to me. “You can’t see Colby until tomorrow, but we can see mom today,” Jimmie told me as we walked down the hallway.

“Why can’t I see him?”

“Cause the visiting hours in his unit are over. You can come and see him at seven tomorrow morning though,” the nurse smiled as she opened the door. We walked inside to see my mom lying on a hospital bed watching TV. “How are you doing Ms. Painter?”

“I’m good, thanks,” she smiled. The nurse left and I looked over at Jimmie.

“Did I ever mention how much I hate hospitals?” He smirked. “Hi Momma, are you doing all right?” I asked as I hugged her.

“I’m fine, but this stupid damn place wants to keep me under surveillance for another three days. I fucking hate hospitals,” she pouted, which made Jimmie and I laugh. My mom and I thought a lot alike, and tended to act alike as well.

“I’ve missed you mom,” I said as Jimmie hugged her.

“I’ve missed you too Sweetheart. You look great. I’m guessing tour’s going well. Where’re Caleb and Serena?”

“They’re back in Nebraska; it’s just Jimmie, a couple of our friends from a different band, and me.”

“Bring ‘em back. I wanna meet them.”

“I’ll get right on that. Be back in a second,” Jimmie said and left.

“So, fill me in on everything,” my mom said and leaned closer to me.

“Well, it all started with a boy named John, who you’re about to meet,” I started to tell her everything, including what happened between Kennedy and I, because my mom and I had no secrets, and she didn’t judge, no matter what, but I was cut off about the time I got to the part where we went to the restaurant by the boys coming through the door. “Mom, this is Garrett, John, and Jimmie. Stay away from the Jimmie kid, he’s a punk,” I loudly whispered the last part and smirked at my brother.

“You’re so adorable,” he came up to me and put me into a headlock before ruffling up my hair.

“All right, kiddies, that’s enough. Hi guys, I’m the kids’ mom, Ms. Painter, but you can call me Elizabeth.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to interrupt you, but the visiting hours are up,” the nurse said as she poked her head in the door.

“All right, they’ll be out in just a second.” The nurse left. “All right, so I’m guessing you’re going to see Colby first thing tomorrow, but you are going to see your mom afterwards, right?” She smiled.

I leaned down and hugged her. “Of course, Momma,” I kissed her cheek.

“Hand me my purse.” I did as she told me. “Here’s twenty dollars, order some pizza or something.”

“Oh, no, Momma, it’s fine, I’ll cook—,” I was cut off.

“Sweet!” Jimmie shouted as he took the money from Mom’s hand.

“We’re getting pizza tonight then,” I smiled. “I love you, Momma,” I hugged her once again.

“I love you too, Sweetheart. You know where everything’s at. Be safe and have a good night,” she kissed my forehead.

“Bye Mom,” Jimmie hugged her.

“Bye Ms. Painter,” Garrett and John said at the same time.

“Boys,” she warned with a smile.

“Sorry, bye Elizabeth,” they waved and we walked out the door. Jimmie called Craig and we waited on the curb for our friend to pull up.

“Oh, shit, I totally forgot there were four of y’all,” Craig said as he pulled up. He had a pretty blonde in the front seat.

“I’ll just sit in John’s lap. It’s fine,” I said as I waited for everyone to get in the car so I could climb over Garrett and sit in the middle on John’s lap.

We finally got back to the house and I pulled the key out from under the bushes we had in the front yard as the boys unloaded their bags from the trunk of Craig’s car. “Have a good night Livy,” Craig shouted. I just waved, and he knew that it was my way of saying ‘you too’. I turned on the light to see Colby’s toys scattered all across the floor. Tears welled up my eyes and I brushed them away.

“All right, Livy. Where are you sleeping?” Jimmie asked as he set the bags down in the floor.

“My room. You can sleep in mom’s room or something, I don’t know, I just wanna take a shower,” I grabbed my suitcase from him and rushed upstairs. I threw down my luggage in the floor of the bathroom and plugged my iPod into the stereo that we set up on the counter.

I threw open the shower curtain and started to run the water until it got hot enough for my liking. I saw Colby’s rubber duck setting in the tub and I lost it. The tears were shedding faster than I could take off my clothes at this point. I stepped into the shower and let the hot water run over my skin.

I cried even harder when Phone Call by Forever the Sickest Kids came on. I used to have to sing this song to Colby to get him to sleep. “Olivia, I already know the answer, so I’m not going to ask if you’re all right. I’m sorry for creeping in on you when you’re showering, but I heard you crying. Do you need to talk?” Garrett asked. I stepped out of the shower and Garrett blushed six shades of red when he saw me.

“It’s fine, I have a towel on now.” He uncovered his face from his hands and wrapped me into a hug.

“MOTHERFUCKER!” I heard Jimmie yell down stairs in anger. I laughed, curious to what he was so pissed at. “Olivia, I need to borrow your car. I’m fucking hungry, Pizza Hut’s closed, and Mom apparently doesn’t buy good food when we’re gone. I need to go to the store,” he explained as he stomped up the stairs.

“And did you stop and think that the store doesn’t stay open all night? It’s like, eleven,” I said, looking at the time on my iPod.

“Damnet!” He shouted.

“Try Mickey D’s.” His face lit up as he ran downstairs. “I want fries!” I shouted.

“Kay,” he shouted as he ran out the door.

“I’ll be back,” I told Garrett and started walking towards my bedroom. I shut the door behind me and was about to drop my towel when I saw John admiring the posters and pictures on my wall. “Shit, you scared me.”

“Oh, wow. Sorry, I’ll just step out,” he walked out of the room and I put on some gray boy shorts and a pink blink-182 shirt. I toweled my hair a little before flipping it back and brushing it out.

When I opened the door to take the towel back to the bathroom, John stood in my way. I looked up at him. Slowly, he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. “I’m sorry, I know it’s probably one of the worst times to do something like that, but I just felt the urge, like I had to or something, I don’t know. I hope you’re not mad.” I shook my head and continued my journey.

Garrett had gone back downstairs, and the bathroom was empty. I threw the towel into the dirty clothes basket. On the way back to my room, I noticed John was no longer standing outside of it and the door was closed. I walked passed it and headed towards Colby’s room.

I slowly opened the door. Everything was exactly the same as how it was when I left, except it was a little messier, but it was expected. I picked up his favorite stuffed elephant off his bed and laid on the floor, hugging the animal to my chest. It felt like a piece of me was gone.

I slowly drifted off to sleep but was brought back to reality when I heard mumbling. “Do we move her, or what?” It sounded like John. I didn’t say anything, just picked myself and the stuffed animal up off the floor and walked to my bedroom. “That answers that question.”

“I ate your fries,” Jimmie blurted, and then winced as if he knew I was going to hit him. Tonight though, I didn’t care. I waved it off and shut the door behind me.

I laid down in the unmade bed and pulled the covers up to my chin. John crept into the room and laid down beside me. He kissed my temple and I slowly drifted back into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
New layout! :D Whatcha think?