Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Over the next few weeks I was extremely busy with working two full time jobs that I had very little time to do anything else. Everyday I phoned to check on the status of my work visa but the answer was always application approval pending. It was frustrating to say the least. Before I knew it I had a month left on my work visa. I didn't want to go back to Canada. I didn't have any home to go to and I wanted to stay with Zacky and the others. This was my home now.

After a particularly stressful day at the diner and an even worse evening at the music store I was cranky and exhausted when I walked into my apartment. I kicked off my shoes and dropped my bag before making my way to my room and stripping out of my clothes so that by the time I flopped onto my bed I was in my bra and panties face down on the bed. I just wanted to relax and sleep the rest of the evening away. But of course that just wasn't going to happen.

"Hey baby. You home?" I heard Zacky's voice call from the front hall.

"In here!" I called out, slightly muffled from the blankets I was hiding my face in. I heard him close and lock the door and then kick off his shoes before he made his way to my room.

"Hmm now that is a glorious view." Zacky groaned as he crawled onto the bed with me and ran his hands over my legs, butt and back. I loved the feel of his tough calloused hands on my skin. I moaned happily and melted into his touch.

"Hmm I love the feeling of your hands on me Zacky. Feels amazing." I hummed out happily as I sunk more into the bed.

"Glad to hear it my love." Zack murmured as he placed soft light kisses along my bare skin. He made me feel tingly. "So why are you trying to hide in your bed?"

"Bad day at work. Diner was packed and a lot of crappy customers and the music store was just a lot of BS with Ty." I groaned as I rolled onto my side so I could see Zack. He smiled at me warmly and his beautiful green eyes were sparkling. He layed down beside me and pulled me close to him.

"Sorry my love. I'm hoping I can take your mind off of that."

"Oh yeah? What do you have in mind?" I asked smiling up at him. He could always make me feel better.

"Well I had wanted to take you out to dinner but you look so comfy like this that I'll just order in. What are you feeling for take out?" He asked as he moved my hair off my neck and kissed it lightly.

"Tacos. Lots and lots of tacos." I smiled impishly and nuzzled into him. He just chuckled and took out his phone ordering us some takeout. He walked into the kitchen as he talked, looking into my fridge for something to drink. And of course I had nothing cause I had been neglecting my grocery shopping lately. Hanging up the phone Zack turned to look at me.

"Food is taken care of but you have nothing else so I'm gonna head to the convenience store and grab some drinks and things. This will cover the food and I'll be back soon." He said giving me a kiss and putting a few bills on the counter before heading out the door. I quickly slipped on a pair of yoga shorts and a tank top just so I wasn't in my underwear when the food arrived.

Cleaning up a bit of mess I spotted my mail on the counter. Joe must have picked it up for me. Sorting through it I put the bills to one site and threw out the flyers and random junk, however I spotted a government letter and my hands sook as I picked it up. Taking a deep breath I opened it and unfolded the letter tentatively. There in black ink were the words I had been dreading to see; 'you're application for an extended work visa has been denied'. I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn't notice Zack come in with the food and the drinks. It wasn't until he sat beside me that I snapped out of my thoughts. I looked at him, still in shock and handed him the letter. He frowned but took it and started to read. I saw his sparkly green eyes become dull and a sad look come over his face and it hurt my heart. I didn't want him to hurt. He looked up at me frowning, before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me in close.

"I don't have anything to go back to Zacky. I have no family and no where to live. I don't even have the money to set something like that up. What am I going to do?" I whispered, holding onto him tightly. He sighed and kissed the top of my head before pulling away so he could look me in the eye.

"Tonight we eat and relax, just enjoy our time together like we never saw the letter and in the morning we handle it all with a clear and level head. But for tonight it's just us. Nothing else exists outside these four walls. It's just you and me." He spoke softly as he pushed my hair behind my ear and traced my cheek with his rough warm hands.

I smiled and kissed him deeply, straddling his lap and clinging to him desperately. Trying to convey to him all my feelings for him with one kiss. It must have translated well because by the time I pulled away his breathing was ragged and his eyes were dark and warm with feeling.

"I love you Zacky. I really do. I want you to know that." I whispered, watching his face closely, wanting to commit everything about him to memory.

"And I love you Elliot. But this isn't goodbye so stop saying it. Tonight is just us. Nothing else." He reminded as he stood up holding me to him as he first turned off my phone then his, locked and deadbolted the door, and pulled the curtains closed. Once he was finished he set me on the couch and brought the food and drinks over to the coffee table. Smiling softly at him I tired to do what he said. I tried to push it all from my mind and instead just focused on being with Zacky and enjoying my time with him.

It wasn't easy, I felt myself zoning out and getting lost in my thoughts. Every time I happened Zacky would hold me tight and kiss me deeply before engaging me in whatever he could to keep me occupied. Eventually we called it a night and feel asleep in each others arms. I loved him so much and I did t want to leave him. He was my home. I wanted to stay here with him. I fell into a fitful sleep. Trying to convince myself that everything would work out just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's not a very long update but I needed to get a chapter out for you all. As always let me know what you think :)