Sequel: So Far Away

That's Why I Got a Heater For Your Thighs

I've Chosen To Go Another Way

The next day, when Jimmy came home, I was outside waiting for him.

First, when I saw his car, my whole face lit up. I almost started running to the car when I realized that I didn't want to run because of my baby bump. So I just walked really, really fast to Jimmy's car.

He got out of it and sort of... Froze, as he looked at me. And I froze too. We stared at each other. His eyes went up and down my body and the reality hit me. He thought I looked fat, ugly and disgusting. He didn't want to touch me, he didn't want to look at me! He wanted to leave me. Oh god, oh god... I started to cry in front of him. His face turned upside down and he looked really confused.

”Rachel? What's wrong?” he asked and took a step closer, wrapping me into his arms. I buried my face in his shirt and sobbed. Okay, maybe he didn't really want to leave me. Maybe I was just really emotional because of the pregnancy.

”Do you think I look ugly?” I sobbed against his chest. He pulled away a bit and held my face between his hands. He looked at me carefully while trying to wipe away the tears with his thumbs.

”Do you mind telling me what's going on? Why are you crying?” he asked quietly. In fact, he looked pretty amused but he tried his best to hide it.

”I just... You just... I thought you... I missed you!” I cried and wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my face in his neck.

”Well I can tell. Why would you think that I think you look ugly?” he asked and laughed.

”Because you gave me the look!”

”What ”look”?”

”The look! The one that says, ”Ugh, gross, I'm not going to touch THAT!”

”What? Are you serious?” he asked and pulled away, looking at my face. Well, it did sound a bit stupid now that I had said it out loud...

”Don't be stupid, Rachel. This is me. This is us. I couldn't want to touch you more,” he murmured and planted a big kiss on my lips. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me really close to him.

”I love you, okay? Okay?”

”Okay,” I mumbled and nodded. I sniffled and hugged him once again.

”Now, let's go inside. I'm sure our neighbours don't need to see this happening,” he said quietly, ”Give me your hand.”

He grabbed my hand and started pulling me inside.

”But what about your bags?” I mumbled and wiped my eyes. He opened the door for me.

”I can get them later,” he said.

He pushed me into the livingroom and sat down on the couch. He grabbed both of my hands and pulled me down, and I ended up straddling him on the couch. He placed his hands on both sides of my waist and looked at me.

”Look at you. You've got quite a baby bump,” he said with a grin. His other hand went to my belly and he rubbed it gently.

”I know. I don't exactly feel pretty,” I admitted with a sigh.

”Well, you look really pretty,” he told me and pinched my cheek. I couldn't help but smile.

”I'm really glad that you're back. I was starting to get really lonely,” I murmured and leaned in to kiss him.

As I was kissing him, I started to feel really hungry, all of a sudden. I felt like I had to have ice cream. Oh my god, yes, Ben & Jerry's!

I pulled away from Jimmy.

”I need ice cream!” I breathed with my wide eyes. He seemed to be really confused.

”What? I thought you wanted sex,” he said.

”Well, I have chosen to go another way!”

”What does that even mean? Are you becoming a lesbian?”

”What? No! I'm not in the mood for sex. I want ice cream!” I exclaimed and pushed myself up from the couch. I went into the kitchen and opened the freezer.

”No!” I exclaimed in horror, ”No way!”

”What? What is it?” Jimmy asked and I felt his hands on my waist again. He pulled my back against his chest and held the baby bump.

”We're out of ice cream!”

”Is that so? Well, I guess that's too bad,” he murmured and kissed my neck.

”Do you know what this means?” I exclaimed and pushed him away from me, ”This is the end of the world! I really need to have ice cream!”

”Alright, alright!” he exclaimed with a laugh, ”What do you want me to do?”

”I don't know!” I cried and ran my hands through my hair.

”Jesus, are you acting like this because of the pregnancy?” he asked and furrowed his eyebrows.

”I don't know!”

”Well, do you want me to go and buy some?”

”Yes! Could you? Please?”

”I could. Can't we go to the bakery, though? It's closer than any of the shops,” he said. He looked really amused as he looked at me.

”Yeah,” I mumbled and sighed.

Man, my emotions were going from sad to happy, in only just seconds. It wasn't making any sense to me, really.

”Are you sure you really need that ice cream?” he asked.

”Well, yeah...”

”Alright. Let's go,” he said and grabbed my hand.

When we got the bakery, it was getting dark already. As we walked in, mom was just closing the place.

”Jimmy!” she exclaimed in surprise as she spotted us.

She rushed to hug him and Jimmy let go of my hand as he pulled her into a tight hug. I decided to go and find some ice cream. I found the freezers and took out some Ben & Jerry's. Thank god we had ice cream there for emergencies like these! I took a spoon and sat down on the floor and started eating it. And let me tell you, it tasted like heaven. The best thing I had ever had.

”Rachel, honey? Where are you?” It was mom.

”In the back!” I exclaimed, my mouth full of ice cream.

Soon I saw mom standing in the doorway, looking at me with her wide eyes. Jimmy was behind her.

”What are you doing, darling?” mom asked and furrowed her eyebrows.

”What does it look like? Eating ice cream,” I mumbled, some ice cream spitting out of my mouth. I wiped my mouth with my hand.

”How do you deal with that?” mom asked Jimmy in horror. Jimmy just laughed, wrapping his arm around mom's shoulders.

”The thing is, there's not a thing she does that shocks me anymore,” Jimmy told her. Mom only shook her head.

”And you think you know your daughter... Is everything alright, Rachel?” mom asked and walked closer. I nodded.

”Why wouldn't it be?”

”Well, I don't know. You just seem a bit... Maybe you shouldn't come to work tomorrow. How does that sound?”

”Mom, I'm fine, okay? I just wanted to have some ice cream, that's all,” I said with a shrug.

”Do you think we should take you to the doctor's? I mean, with all the stress, and the baby and...”

”She's fine, honestly. Don't worry about her,” Jimmy said with a laugh.

I nodded in agreement as I put the ice cream away. I stood up and wiped my mouth before letting out a sigh. Now that I had had my ice cream, I wanted Jimmy.

”Jimmy, we need to go,” I said suddenly.

Just looking at him made me want to rip off his clothes – well, his jeans were pretty expensive. Maybe I wouldn't exactly want to rip them off. I would propably just undress him and fold his clothes and put them away. Yeah, that's what I'd do, definitely.

”What? Now?” he asked.

”Yes, now!” I exclaimed and grabbed his hand. I started pulling him out of the place.

”Jimmy, honey, call me if you don't know what to do with her, okay?” mom shouted after us. I rolled my eyes.

As soon as we got home and inside the house, I started taking my clothes off. And no, I didn't even care that I was in the hallway and there were windows. I noticed that Jimmy was staring at me, looking really amused once again.

”I hate to ask but have you really lost it? Is everything okay in that little head of yours?” he asked and crossed his arms over his chest. I soon found myself standing there in my underwear.

”Come on. Clothes off, we're going to have sex!” I exclaimed. He laughed but started taking his shirt off.

”Could we at least go into the bedroom?”

”Yeah, but hurry up! I really feel like having awesome sex!” I exclaimed, getting really excited. I could barely stay in place as he took his time, taking off his jeans.

”Jesus, Rach, you really are something...” he mumbled and cracked a smile as he pulled me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss.

”Bedroom,” he mumbled into my mouth before lifting me up from the floor. He started carrying me into our bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoooop! I'm not getting that much comments which is a bummer, yes?