Just Like Heaven

Piggy

Mikey held me from behind after going at it for the third time. He rested his chin on my shoulder, breathing softly. I pulled his hands up and kissed them. 

It was nice just lying with him like this. We hadn't done this in a while; I was always worrying about Noah. Me and Mikey never really wanted alone time anyway, but it was nice when we did.

"This is nice." He said softly.

"Yeah." I murmured.

"I don't ever want to move." Mikey sunk his lips down to my neck and kissed me. "But, I miss the little dude."

"Me, too. I miss his pudgy little cheeks."

"He's adorable," Mikey chuckled, "Thanks to my wonderful genetics."

I huffed and rolled my eyes, "You didn't do it by yourself, bub."

"I'm just joking around, M." Mikey's lips turned up against my cheek, "I see a lot of you in Noah. It's fucking cute."

I laughed, "It's fucking cute?" I repeated.

"Yeah, we got our little clone. I love him, M, more than I thought I could love someone."

I rolled over and looked at him, "I happy you feel that way, Mikey." I kissed him, "Sometimes I worry that you wouldn't love him as much as I do."

"How come?" He furrowed his brows a bit.

"Because, he doesn't coo or try and talk like other babies. I always wonder if you don't feel connected to him." 

"I don't care about that stuff, I mean I do, it's just, I love him no matter what."

I smiled and kissed again, "Noah has the best daddy in the world."

Mikey laughed, "He has a hot mom, too."

I slugged him playfully, "Keep it up, funny man."

•••

We went and picked up Noah a little while later. Donna was cradling Noah, he was playing with her earrings; she had taken them off and he was simply looking at them. I always thought it was odd that he never put things in his mouth like a curious baby does.

"Hey, ma, how was he?" Mikey asked as we sat across from her.

Donna smiled, ready to answer, but as soon as Noah saw Mikey, he put Donna's earrings down and outstretched his arms, "He was quiet. Almost too quiet, but I see he missed Mikey."

Mikey got up and picked Noah up, "Hey buddy boy, miss us?"

Noah smiled, showing the his baby teeth coming in. I awed at him, "Hi baby."

Noah looked at me and made a small whimper noise. That's all really the noise he ever made. I held my arms out for him, Mikey sat down and passed him to me. I pecked his cheeks, "Mommy missed you!"

Noah grinned as I showered him with kisses. That's when Gerard entered the room, "I got a surprise for you, Mikes."

"What?" Mikey asked.

I looked up, holding Noah on my lap, and saw a dog come sniffing in. Mikey clasp his hands, "No way!"

"A dog?" I raised my brow.

"It's Piggy!" Mikey said, "Come here girl."

The dog, Piggy, rushed over to Mikey. I smiled, "That's so nice of you, Gerard."

Mikey petted Piggy as she licked at his palm, "How did you get her?"

"Bribery." Gerard said with a shrug.

Donna rolled her eyes, "I called Alicia."

Mikey frowned, "What'd you have to do?"

"Nothing, Michael. I told her to give Piggy back to you."

"You didn't have to promise her anything?"

"No."

Mikey smiled again, "Thanks, ma. I missed her."

"I'm happy to help."

"I helped too." Gerard whined.

I giggled, while Mikey nodded his head, "Yeah, thanks, Gee."

Gerard held his head up in the air, "You're welcome, bro."

•••

We brought Mikey's dog home with us, and she was surprisingly well trained. She doesn't bark too loud and she took to Noah well. Noah liked to hold his hand out whole she licked it.

I wasn't bothered by Piggy, either. She made Mikey more at ease and he smiled a lot more, too. She fit right in, she filled the tiny little hole Mikey had, had in his heart.

And, I think I started to love her for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't remember if that's his dog's name or not. I am terrible at remembering names