Just Like Heaven

Future

I arrived at Gerard's within 10 minutes, after stopping at my house to get Noah's favorite pillow. I knocked on the door, waiting a few seconds, then he answered.

"Shit, Morgan," He mumbled, "How's Noah? Is he okay?"

I nodded and entered the house, "He's okay, I just need his alligator." I started toward the couch, where I saw it.

"Is he still at the hospital?"

"Yeah," I exhaled heavily, "The doctors are gonna do a skin graph on his hand and he'll be all better."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know--"

I stopped him, "It's alright, Gerard, he's okay. Are you busy tomorrow? You can see him before you guys leave."

Gerard shook his head, "I have like two hours free tomorrow, I'll stop by."

"Thanks." I patted his shoulder and headed out the door.

But, Gerard stopped me, "Is Mikey still pissed?"

"I'm not sure." I told him truthfully, "Call him."

He nodded, "If he doesn't ignore the call."

"I'll tell him to answer for you."

"Thanks, Morgan."

I returned to the hospital, and up to Noah's room. Mikey was sitting beside him, telling him a story. I smiled at them, tip toeing in, not to interrupt Mikey.

Right away, Noah darted his eyes to me and smiled. Mikey stopped his story and looked over at me, giving me a small smile, too. "Hey."

"Hey," I walked over and put the alligator on Noah's lap, "Your gator missed you." 

He smiled at me, hugging his stuffed toy. 

"Was Gerard there?" Mikey leaned back in his seat.

"Yeah. He's gonna call, so you better answer."

"Like hell I am." Mikey grumbled.

"Mikey, he messed up," I sat beside him, scooting my chair closer to the bed, "He's your brother, don't be mad."

Mikey sighed, "I'm just pissed, alright?" He rubbed his neck, "I'll talk to him later."

I hummed and ran my hand up and down Noah's arm. He watched the TV, holding his gator; his eyes fluttered, I knew he would fall asleep soon.

"M," Mikey murmured beside me, "I'm sorry."

I looked at him, "What about?"

"What I said earlier."

I furrowed my brows, but then I remembered, "It's alright, Mike."

"You were right," He continued, "I was just worried. I get scared, because he can't tell, or yell, or scream for help. I'm just worried about if he isn't in my sight, or anyone else's."

I looked at him, "You have to be vigilant. Believe me, I'm trying to help Noah, and I'm sure he'll be able to speak." 

Mikey combed back his messy hair, "Do you wonder about our future kids?"

"All the time." I told him with a smile.

"You aren't afraid if they have something wrong with them?"

I shook my head, "Nope, not at all. Nothing could make me love my child less."

Mikey leaned over and kissed my temple, "I love you, Morgan."

"I love you, too, Mikey."

A little while later, Mikey let me lie in that pull out bed/sofa thing. I was falling asleep, listening to the light beeps out in the hall, and the occasional cry of a baby. Mikey sat in a chair, beside Noah's bed, watching the TV with the volume low.

The only thing in my head was how much I loved my family and how happy I would be with another baby. Really, the light cries down, out in the halls, made me wish I had a baby a lot sooner.

I fell asleep to the thoughts of babies in my head.

•••

I woke up the next morning to Mikey shaking me lightly. I opened my eyes, squinting at the soft light in the room. I rubbed my eyes, "Hmm?"

"M, I gotta go," Mikey said softly as I sat up.

"Go? Go where?" I asked with a slight yawn.

"I gotta meet with the guys." 

I sat up, "Already? What time is it?"

"8 am."

"Shit," I ran a hand through my hair.

"I'll be back when he comes out of surgery." Mikey sat beside me, "I went and got you some clothes so you can change."

"Thanks." I looked over, Noah was watching the TV again, "When did Noah wake?"

"About 7:30. The nurse said they're gonna going to take him down to surgery at 10, then he can eat."

I sighed softly, "Okay. You're on it." I smiled tiredly at him.

He smiled back, "You were asleep."

"Did you sleep?" 

He nodded, "Had some coffee."

"I feel like an asshole," I mumbled, "I should've let you sleep."

"Nah, I'm good." He said, "Gimme a kiss and a hug." 

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, "I love you."

He pecked my lips, "I love you, too. I hate to leave." He stood reluctantly, "I'll be back though."

I nodded, "I know."

I stood up as Mikey went to Noah's beside and kissed his forehead, "I'll be back, Noah. Give them hell."

Noah smiled and waved. It ached at me that Mikey had to go. I sighed heavily once the door closed behind him. 

I petted Noah's messy hair, "I'm going to go brush my teeth and change, okay? Then, we're gonna brush yours."

Noah looked at me and nodded. I grabbed my things and went to the bathroom to clean up.

After changing my clothes and washing up, I sat with Noah until it was time for his surgery. He looked a little scared when they came to wheel him into the OR. I held his hand, "It's okay babe." I told him.

He kept looking my way, almost desperately. All I could do was kiss his hand and reassure him that everything would be okay. I tried not to cry during this, but I couldn't stop myself. Noah looked so helpless and I really wish Mikey were with me, to reassure me. I wasn't so reassuring by myself.

I sat beside him, as they sedated him and began to operate. Of course I had to wear the mask and scrub gear, but I didn't mind. I only watched my poor baby and petted his hand until it was over.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sad :(
I'm trying to write something nicer, bear with me