10 Ways to Fall in Love

Way 3: Falling in Love with your Fling

Krypton was lying on a beach chair on a level above the pool with her long black hair in a pony-tale, her big sunglasses on her face, her out of style rubber wrist bands on her right wrist, and her ear buds in her ears. From where she was positioned she could look down at the pool area. She was deciding whether to continue to people watch or to start writing a story she got an idea for while watching everyone at the pool.

Krypton’s family was near her at the pool below her: her two older brothers and her parents. Don’t misunderstand why she wasn’t with her family, Krypton loves her family, but she was on a two and a half week vacation with them. Five days left until her and her family head back to the windy city.

Krypton, finally making her decision, decides to people watch. She watches the little kids in the pool and thinks about how they can act and dress in whatever fashion they choose, and no one thinks twice about it. If she acted the same way as those kids she knew she would receive many odd looks. While she is thinking about this, a guy around her age falls directly on top of her causing a gasp to rise from her throat.

Zach was on vacation with his family which consisted of himself, his parents, and his younger brother Vic. He had already been on vacation for two days, he and his family were going to be on vacation for a total of ten days. Zach somehow found himself in a race to the pool with his brother. So there Zach is running to the pool in a bathing suit and flip flops. Zach is running like a madman letting his competitive spirits out, when his brother roughly pushed him. Before Zach could even comprehend what was happening, he was smack on top of a girl he would consider hot, although most others wouldn’t.

She wasn’t skinny, but she was in no way fat. She was wearing a black and pink tankini bathing suit top and a matching skirt as her bathing suit bottoms.

He was so stunned by how beautiful she was after Zach caught himself, so he didn’t crush her with his body, he just stared at her until a minute later she spoke up.

Krypton looked up at the boy who fell on top of her. The first thing she noticed was his abs. Since she grew up in a city where all four season could, and often did, occur in one day, his rock hard abs were something she wasn’t used to. Then she saw his face which caused her to take a sharp intake of breath. She finally realized he is hot! No questions he is very hot. His longish straight brown hair, his bangs that sweep right past his right eye, and his piercing blue eyes all just showed how hot he truly was. When he looked at her she felt his gorgeous blue eyes looked right past her dull hazel eyes and looked directly into her core, her soul. What shocked her the most was how she loved the feel of his body on top of her. She realized although she loved the feel of him on her he was staying on top of her many moments too long. So she broke their intense silence and stare by blinking and saying,

“Hey Abs your brother totally beat your ass in that race.”

Startled by the girl saying something embarrassment is written all over his face, but after hearing what she actually said he smirks and starts to flirt. “He may have won the race, but I think I’m the real winner.”

Krypton hears this line and outright laughs in his face because he was still on top of her.

“Well I see your personality clearer now; you’re a flirt.”

Zach is offended by her comment but soon realizes with what she knows of him he is nothing but a flirt. “Actually I’m not a flirt, but I totally understand that’s how I appear to you. Sorry.” Then he reluctantly rolls off her onto the vacant beach chair next to her.
Krypton likes that he had a moment of offense cross the boy’s face before he realized from what she has seen of him he is indeed a flirt. He realizes this and adjusts how he reacts which means a lot to her so she is open to talking to him. “So Abs, what’s your real name? Though I guarantee whatever it is I will still continue to call you Abs.”

Zach realizes he likes her reaction to him, her bluntness, and her nickname for him. “My name is Zach. What’s yours, sweetheart? Which is my new nickname for you.” He says in an off-handed manner.

Getting a nickname for this Zach guys made her blush and what his nickname for her was made her blush darken. “Well Abs my real name is Krypton… Shouldn’t you go and hang with your family?”

“What about you?”

“On this vacation for two and a half weeks, and I only have five days left, I could use some time away from them to be honest.” As Krypton says this she takes another good look at Zach and realizes she’s lucky enough he’s talking to her at all, he’s way out of her league. He’s out of her league to the point that she is surprised he’s acknowledging her, let alone talking to her.

Zach doesn’t think like Krypton so he isn’t thinking about leagues as she does. All he thinks is she is pretty and he’s attracted to her. “Well if that’s the case come on and hang with me for five days. I promise I won’t bite.”

She hears his offer and is taken off guard by it. She considers it then thinks about how she’s on vacation, and how you can never have too many friends so she says with a sincere smile on her face, “Ok!” She grabs her things and placed them by her parents with Zach following her. She informed her parents them she would be hanging at the pool with Zach, and off they were.

Zach is having more fun today with Kyrpton then he had previous two days. He actually could only remember a few moments in his life where he was having as much fun as he was having in that moment. All they were doing was playing Marco Polo with his younger brother Vic, who was currently it; he was having the time of his life. The three played with each other-silly games in the water until Krypton’s parents said she had to leave for dinner.
When Krypton’s parents told her she had to leave a look of sheer sadness filled her face. She was having a lot of fun with Abs and his younger brother Vic. She said goodbye to the two expecting them to not acknowledge or remember her from that point on.

Krypton was not the only person who was disappointed she had to leave. The Porter boys were disappointed as well, but mainly Zach, which Vic saw in his brother’s eyes when they were saying bye to Krypton. The look in his brother’s eyes he had never seen in the thirteen years he has known his brother who was four years older than him. That look was what made Vic decide he was going to keep a look out for Krypton so his brother could see her again, being the good brother he is.

Vic has always been a naturally earlier riser so when he woke up and walked out of their level one room out onto the poolside balcony that was ten yards from the pool. What shocked Vic was someone was swimming in the pool. Once he saw the jet black hair and the swimming stroke that was underwater where you move your body as one he knew instantly it was Krypton. No one else swims that way. He walked back to his room where he yelled his brother awake by saying, “Zach! Your girlfriend, Krypton, is swimming outside now!”

Zach woke up to his brother’s obnoxious voice yelling at him, but when he heard what he was yelling he jumped out of bed saying, “She’s not my girlfriend.” And then ran at top speed to the pool.

Krypton was swimming her weird underwater swim; she swam the way a mermaid would because they don’t have legs, while thinking of Zach. After a few times back and forth, she was hoping her mind would clear, but it didn’t. After she brought her head back up to the water she saw Zach, waiting for her in nothing but his boxers. “Hello Abs.”

“Hi sweetheart!” He says as a smile appears on his face without a thought.

“What’s up?”

“Wanna hang out today?”

“Sure. Today beach and pool?”

“Perfect.”

“Abs?”

“Yes?”

“You should probably change.” After she tells him he looks down and notices he is only wearing his boxers. Once he notices he blushes and heads towards his room.

Krypton saw his embarrassment and felt bad so she yells, “No worries, you’ve got nothing to be ashamed of.” Her saying this statement causes her to blush.

Krypton insisted Vic hang with them as well so all three of them ended up in the pool again playing marco polo, only this time the pool was completely empty because it was so early.
They ended their game when people started to show up then the Porter guys decided they wanted to play volleyball, Vic was even on his school’s volleyball team. Krypton however didn’t want to play, she was terrible at volleyball. The boys however insisted she played. They played two on one Krypton and Zach against Vic. Vic won because Krypton was that bad, but both guys were ok with that, they all enjoyed the volleyball game. The three continued to play together until they were pulled away by their families for supper, but not before exchanging numbers with the promise of hanging out the next day.

Throughout dinner and the rest of the night Krypton was all Zach could think about.
Similarly Krypton thought about Zach throughout her dinner and afterwards.

The next day bright and early the three were hanging once again, but somehow Zach and Krypton ended up wrestling in the sand with Vic rooting for Krypton.

Later Krypton goes to get her hair braided, and Zach decided to come with her. She picked one braid to braid with string and three regular braids with beads at the bottom.

As the lady was about to braid her hair Zach whispers to the lady picking some beads and string and handing them to her with the money for the extra braid.

When Krypton’s hair is done she’s surprised to see two braids with string, one with blue, red, and yellow string and then the one she picked out with hot pink, light pink, and purple string. When Krypton asks the lady what happened, she points to a returning Zach who is holding lemonade for her and himself. Krypton smiles and takes the drinks and puts them down and gives Zach a huge hug thanking him for the braid.

Their families decide to have dinner together and throughout the whole dinner Zach’s left hand was on Krypton’s bare knee.

After dinner Zach walks Krypton up to her room and before she walked inside she leaned against her door to talk to Zach, but before she could say anything Zach’s lips were pressed against hers and hers were pressing back against his.

To say Krypton was shocked would be an understatement. To say Krypton was excited would be an understatement. To say she loved the way his lips felt against her, warming her body making her beg for more sure as hell is an understatement. To say Zach felt the same way would be another understatement to add to the many.

Krypton loved the feeling, but realized what was going on so she stopped begging for more and pulled away and looked into Zach’s clear piercing blue eyes and saw happiness, joy, confusion as to why she pulled away, a plead for more, and something she could only describe as well love.

“Uh uh…” Krypton began, “Come on, we’re already friends, and after this we will still be friends who live in different places, but let’s have a fling.” Zach says cutting her off.

“Why? What’s the point?”

“Because if you think I can keep my lips away from yours for remaining twodays. You’re insane.”

“Ok! A fling, but not too much, not going too far.” Krypton said with pure joy.

“Of course.”

“Date tomorrow?”

“Date.”

“Night. Bye Abs.” She says with a small kiss on his lips before she starts to open his door while Zach says, “Goodnight sweetheart!”

The next day Zach woke up early to find Krypton doing what she was the previous morning, swimming. Zach jumps in the pool, and when she stands he goes behind her and wraps his arms around her waist and whispers, “Hi Sweetheart.” In her ear.

The two continue to swim for awhile until Vic comes out and joins them, than they play water tag,

After a few hours someone who works at the hotel announced a hula hoop contest.

“So Sweetheart, you going to join the contest?”

“Only if you and Vic join as well.”

Krypton, Vic, and Zach end up the only people in the contest over eleven years old. Krypton found out Vic can’t hula hoop, for his life, but she loves him for trying. Krypton and Zach end up the only two left in the final round and they keep staring each other down, but in a cute flirty way. Eventually Krypton winks, gives him a flirty wave, and blows a kiss. Zach is so thrown off he stops moving his hips for a moment too long and the hula hoop slips and he loses. Once Zach’s hoop hits the ground he lunges towards Krypton and they both tumble into the pool laughing.

Later the two are mini golfing having a great time although mini golf wasn’t something Krypton was very good at. Zach, however, is more than happy to wrap his arms around her to help her play. What shocked him was how perfectly his arms fit around her. On hole fourteen it starts to rain, or pour. Krypton was about to run away when Zach wraps his arms around her torso.

“Zach!” She whines while getting soaked with him.

Krypton has never had a boyfriend, and she wanted to try something so she turns in his arms, puts her thumbs through his back belt loops, pulls him towards her and kisses him.

Zach is shocked and happy at her kissing him. He was shocked because they had only kissed once, but happy because he’d been dying to kiss her. The two spend a good amount of time there kissing in the rain. What caused them to stop was a clap of thunder.
The two realized they had to walk back to the hotel so they held hands and ran back to Zach’s room where he grabbed some clothes before heading to their final destination Krypton’s room. In her room the dried off, ordered room service, and finished their date in peace.

Zach awoke the next morning with a quick kiss on his lips by a girl who was wrapped in his arms. Zach looked at the bed, then her, and then himself and was happy to see that they were both fully clothed.

“So Abs, what’s in store for us today?”

“Pool—“

“With Vic! You always want to ditch him, and I’ll have none of it.”

“Alright.” Zach says surrendering to her demand, “After that we will walk around and go to all of those silly beach stores, without Victor. Then we will go to a karaoke bar.” Then Zach finishes with sadness in his voice, “It’s your last day here. Our last day together, I want to make it great.”

“Thanks…” She says looking at Zach’s abs instead of his face.

He tilts her head to look at him before he crashes his lips against hers. After they break away, the two begin their day together starting at the pool with Vic. After that the two separate for the first time that day and for one of the few times since they have met. As Zach was walking away he thanked Vic for covering for last night and then left to take a shower in their room.

The two meet an hour later and begin to walk around all of the silly beach shops. Each secretly buying the other something when they aren’t looking. When Krypton sees fake tattoos she insists on getting one, and begs Zach to get one as well, “Please Abs!”

Zach sighs in defeat and says, “only for you sweetheart.”

The two in the end have matching tattoos. The tattoo is two interlocked hearts saying Krypton and sweetheart in one heart, and Abs and Zach in the other. Underneath the hearts it says forever.

After the two get the tattoos they go to a karaoke bar and sing their hearts out together and alone. Krypton is shocked that Zach’s voice is amazing and beautiful even.
Zach is surprised that Krypton could hold a tune. She is no Shania Twain, but she can indeed sing.

After eating at the bar the two head back to Krypton’s room. At this point the two exchange gifts both happily surprised the other got them something. Krypton got Zach a t-shirt, a fake license plate that said ‘rockstar’ and a few woven bracelets, one of which she made. Zach got her a robot necklace and a key chain that said ‘I ♥ Zachary” from the shops they were at earlier. Then the day before he ordered and today he picked up a necklace for her that was simple. It was a chain with one charm on it. The charm was a copy of the element Krypton a straight copy off the periodic table with the atomic number, mass, and everything. She loves the necklace of course and he helps her put it on. After he puts the necklace on her she automatically attacks his lips with hers. Zach moans when she bites the bottom of his lips and the battle for dominance begins in her mouth and Zach ultimately wins. While Zach is dominating her mouth she is unbuttoning his shirt and removing it. She pulls away and looks into his blue eyes and sees he has the same look in his eyes that she has in hers, a look of pure lust. He notices the look on her and tosses her shirt off her. He looks at her and notices a smirk on her perfect face as it gets lower until it’s right in front of his fly. With her teeth she pulls down his fly and flings off his shorts. He sees her smirking above him having noticed his hardening member. He takes this chance to flip them over so she was underneath him. He laughs at her gasp and removes her shorts leaving her in her bra and panties which soon disappears. Then Zach starts to ravage her body with his mouth. By the time he is done there isn’t a square millimeter of her body that his mouth or tongue hadn’t touched. She begs him to stop teasing her while she teases his member before he can’t take it anymore and he enters her wet core maker her screech his name. The two scream out their organisms and fall asleep in each other’s arms.

The next morning Zach wakes up to Krypton packing. He notices it is 11:30am.

“What time are you leaving?” Zach asks with pure sadness in his voice.

“Flight is at 4, so leaving at 2”

“Wanna grab some lunch before you um… leave…?”

“Yeah… sounds perfect.”

Their conversation had no heart, no soul, no emotion but sadness. They both didn’t want their time together to end, but it was.

Their lunch was oddly eaten in a sad silence. Today was filled with two new things for the two when they are together: sadness and silence.

Vic joined them for desert and then the three said goodbye. Vic and Krypton hugged with the promise to make sure to keep in touch. Zach and Krypton shared a lingering kiss with the same promise.

On the way to and at the airport she deeply missed the Porter boys, especially Zach. Just as the plane was about to take off it hit her that she loves Zach, but they were through. She blinked back the tears and kissed the charm on the necklace Zach got her. She was on her way to the second city and her love was not .

It had been about 3 years since they’d met. They still kept in contact, chatted every month and told each other everything, but it wasn’t the same. They were easily best friends, but when your friend holds a chunk of your heart, about half, and took your v card there’s easily a want to be more that cannot be fulfilled. In the time that had passed between the two Krypton became a world famous romance writer and Zach with his friend had become a famous band called Allstar Weekend.

One day Zach was in the tour bus watching TV while regretting not going after Krypton, which is something he does often, when he hears her voice on the TV. “My first story has never been published or finished. It never will be because somehow I can never give it the happy ending it deserves. It’s actually a true story. A story of mine to be exact. I’ve only had one boyfriend, it only lasted a few days, and we knew it couldn’t last longer actually. After him I did try dating, but nothing and no one could compare. So I could never fake an ending to the story or end it where it was. If I did have an ending I feel it would be my best story to date actually. Too bad. I guess it was never meant to be finished.”

“Do you still talk with the guy you fell for?”

“Once a week at least. We’re best friends now. He’s on the road a lot, and I’m always doing talk shows like this or writing, but we find time to talk, but never to hang.”

“What if he sees this?”

“Then that’s what fate has decided.”

“Now I must ask, I always see that necklace you always wear and it’s beautiful. Then you always have that fake tattoo on you yet you never make it real, it’s always fake.”

“The guy I was just talking about gave me the necklace, and the fake tattoo is one we got together one time, I’ve just kept refreshing the tattoo. I never make it real because what if one day I don’t love him? Doubt that will happen, but just in case. Until that day comes I will have this fake one.”

At that point he couldn’t watch anymore. He still loves her, he never stopped; but knowing she still loves him as well made things complicated. He didn’t know what to do, but he has a five day vacation coming up with his family, ironically at the resort he met Krypton at, to think.

He has been spending time with Vic for two days since he has been on the vacation, and he’s been a little down, but Vic gets it so he doesn’t call him out on it.

Vic yells, “Race you to the pool!” and begins running. Zach chases after him half heartedly until he runs smack dab into someone and ends up falling on top of her. Soon after he hears the girl says, “Hey Abs.”

He looks down and sees Krypton is underneath him. He gets off her and helps her up before he says, “How come every time we meet I’m on top, but in other situations you prefer it the other way round?”

Ignoring his sex joke Krypton says, “How come every time we meet you’re losing a race to your brother?”

“How long are you staying?”

“Only for today and leaving tomorrow.”

“Then we better make the most of it.” Zach says grabbing her hand and leading them towards the pool.

The two hung out like they were still teenagers because in reality that wasn’t too long ago and they wanted to go back in time to when they were 17 and together.

For once Krypton wasn’t constantly checking that she had on her robot and krypton necklace that she was constantly wearing or that the key chain he got her was still on her charm bracelet.

Zach alike wasn’t checking to make sure he still had all the bracelets she gave him and the one she made for him.

The two went to the beach, the pool, the shops with the promise not to buy each other anything this time, and even their karaoke bar. They somehow always accidentally spent their last night together the same way the did last time in Krypton’s room. The next morning Zach once again woke up to Krypton packing.

Later that day she is gone and Zach is moping. Vic catches him moping and asks, “Why the long face?”

“She’s gone.”

“What the hell! What are you doing here? When did she leave?”

“About 15 minutes ago.”

“What are you doing here?!? Get your ass to the airport!”

“Why?”

“What is your biggest regret?”

“Vic…”

“We can try to hold on, but August is gone. You wrote that yesterday. You started with a few lines after you met her, first week of July first day of my life, but yesterday you finished it while she was taking a shower. The song is about her. You wrote that song about her, but you can’t think of your biggest regret? You’ve got a second chance and second chances are rare. Don’t ruin it. Don’t let her pass you by again.” After his mini speech Vic walks away shaking his head in disappointment; however Zach wasn’t looking because he was racing to the airport.

Zach had to buy a ticket to Krypton’s destination to get past security, but he didn’t care. He raced through security easily due to the face he had nothing with him. He raced to the gate just as the plane was about to board. He didn’t know where she was, but he knew she was there so he began to sing, “I can still see you standing there summer tangled in your hair first week of July first day of my life…” he continued singing the song he wrote about their relationship. They did meet in July, and three years later on September 1 the day their magic of being together is supposed to die permanently unless he does something.

He keeps singing though Krypton hasn’t moved and he can’t spot her yet, but he knows she is listening. “I can still see you standing there summer tangled in your hair.” He sings as the last line of the song beginning to lose hope.

The airport is still in that area. No one has moved since Zach started singing and projecting his voice so everyone could hear him. Everyone was shocked by the random singing to the point where no one boarded the plane, no one even tried. Suddenly someone moves and everyone stares at the girl with long black hair. The girl walks so she is standing right in front of Zach and stops. Zach opens his arms for the girl he loves and Krypton runs right into them. They kiss and the surrounding airport claps. It was a scene out of a movie. The two knew from that point on what their future would hold, and it was each other.

Krypton finally had the ending for her story about her first and last love; she called it Blame it on September.
♠ ♠ ♠
originally Blame in on September when in short story form