Status: Complete <3

Here's to the Friends That Were Alibis

You Were Never Alive

Ronnie's P.O.V. (The Next Morning)

"Dude, where is he?" My eyes shot open and I looked to my right. Lex was sound asleep with the pillow up to her chin. I heard voices coming from outside of the curtain.

"What are you doing?" I heard Ryan whisper-yell.

"I can't find Ronnie!" I heard Mika whisper back. I pulled my head off of the pillow onto the mattress and under the blanket.

"Maybe he's in here. " I heard Mika whisper and draw back Lex's curtain. A few seconds later he drew it back.

"I'm guessing he's not in there?"

"Nah," Mika replied before I heard them walk out.

"Fuck." I sighed and sat up.

"Hey beautiful." I leaned over and brushed the hair out of her face and her nose twitched.

"Wake uuuuuup." I sang.

"Noooooo." She whined, squinting her eyes and making a face at me.

"C'mon, we can sleep later, we have to perform today." I smiled, stroking her cheek with my thumb.

"When?" She stretched out and nuzzeled into my chest.

"Well..." I trailed off reaching for my phone. "In three hours, then we can go out and actually celebrate your birthday."

"Mmmmmmmkay." She mumbled, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"C'mon." I sat up and pecked her forhead, bringing her up with me. "Let's gooooo." I kissed all over her face, causing her to scrunch up her nose and giggle.

"Alriiiiiight." She gave in, pulling the blanket up to cover her exposed chest, much to my disliking. I reached over and pulled it back down.

"Ronnieeeee!" She's whined, lighting up a cigarette and passing it to me to take a drag. "It's cold." She pouted.

"I can warm you up." I climbed on top of her and passed the cigarette back and she giggled. I leaned down and kissed her. She tasted like the menthol from the cigarette she had just put out.

"I think you did a pretty good job of that last night." She said against my lips.

"And I'll do it again." I nibbled on her bottom lip, causing her to growl and kiss me again.

"Later." She said patting my chest for me to get up.

"Promise?" I pouted.

"Promise." She winked and went off to take a shower. I got up and went through my drawer for a pair of skinnies, boxers, socks, and a beater.

Lex's P.O.V.

"Ronnie, Alexandria, I need to talk to you both before you go on." Brett walked over to the side stage where I was being fitted for a mic and Ronnie was sitting on the cooler fucking around with his phone.

"What about?" I smiled. He was like our tour dad, always double check things and checking up on us.

"Well, Ronnie." He looked at the man who was currently playing angry birds. Ronnie looked up and nodded. "Y'know how you were planning on singing 'The Ransom'?"

"Yup." He smiled, not taking his eyes off of the device in his hands.

"Instead of Skyline opening, I want you guys to sing it together." My eyes went wide and I looked at Ronnie, who was smiling and nodding.

"I'd love too." He beamed over at me. "What about you?"

I nodded my head vigorously before grabbing my mountain dew from the cooler next to Ronnie and sat down.

"But why?" I asked Brett.

"Well, I think the fans would go nuts, and your band's having some... complications..." he trailed off, obviously leaving something out.

"What kind of complications?" I raised an eyebrow, stealing the cigarette Ronnie was smoking and taking a long drag.

"Jesse lost his guitar, he's flipping shit back there, we probably could get him another one, but he broke the strings on Dylan's bass 'cause he thought he broke his guitar." He got out in one breath, trying not to anger me.

"I got him that guitar..." I trailed off and threw my soda can away.

"I think this can work out." I smiled and Ronnie nodded.

"Ron, go get fitted," he pointed over to the geeky looking sound tech that just fitted me. "Oh, and one more thing," Brett paused before walking back into the dressing rooms, "Mattie's replacing Mika today, he doesn't feel well."

"Gotchu." I waved him away.

"How are we gonna do this?" I asked, standing up.

"I'll start it off, you come in every other verse?" He shrugged.

"You do the screaming in the bridge, I'll sing." I fixed my hair and shirt and he nodded.

"Alright, lets get everything together then."

"Mattie! Jacky! Ryan! Derek! Let's go!" I shouted. "We go on in two minutes!"

I heard a string of curses and the door to the dressing rooms open, out came the stumbling men in a rush to get ready.

"We're ready." Mattie grinned and fixed his hair.

"Go get fitted." I motioned toward the sound tech again.

I sat back down with Ronnie as our bandmates were fitted for their mics.

"Excited?" He cracked that lop-sided grin that made me melt.

"Definitely." We sat there for a minute or two until everyone was done.

"Let's go." He nodded his head toward the stage and we walked out, greeted by screaming fans. Everyone took their places and Ronnie and I each grabbed a mic.

"Hey guys." Ronnie beamed and the crowd went nuts. "You all know who I am, and I'm pretty sure you guys know who she is." He put his arm around my shoulder as the fans cheered. "Anyway... WE'RE FALLING IN REVERSE AND SKYLINE AND THIS IS... THE RANSOM!" He boomed into the mic as the instrumentals started to blare through the speakers. And if it was possible... I'd say the crowd got even louder.

"Sending shivers right down your spine." I sang.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
Thank you becca65 & thatscalledyes for the comment love, you're appreciated more than you know.