Status: Complete <3

Here's to the Friends That Were Alibis

A Hundred-Thousand Wings, Soaring Through The Sky

Jesse's P.O.V.

"Epitaph"

Lex's words rang through my head. I don't know if it was the alcohol, or the pure excitement, but it took a few minutes for her words to register in my brain.
I didn't even really know what was going on until she booked it to the back door.
I blinked a few times, still trying to comprehend what was going on.
I wonder if we won...

Lex's P.O.V.

I pretty much flew to the back door, I flung it open to be greeted by the cool night air in the backyard/alleyway. I fumbled with my phone for a minute & I finally answered.

"Hello?" I asked trying to sober up and pulling a cigarette out and lighting it at the same time.

"Ms. Carson?"

"Yeah, that's me." I could hear the anxiousness in my own voice.

"This is Jennifer Tate, I'm an assistant here at Epitaph, I'm calling about the contest."

"Oh." I stated. 'You couldn't come come up with anything better then that?! Really lex?!'

"I have the results here." Her voice chirped through the phone stopping me from mentally scolding myself anymore.

"Are they good?" I asked desperately, which didn't make sense since not even five minutes ago I was talking to Jesse about the probability of us winning or not.

"Yes, they're very good, you guys won. You'll be notified with the rest of the details tomorrow, expect a call from us around one or so." I could here the smile in her voice, and I could tell she was happy for us.

"Thank you so much, I gotta go." I tapped the screen to end the call and stuffed my phone back into my back pocket. I bolted for the door and flung it open even faster then I did before. I looked around and pushed my way through people to get to the dinning room. I spotted Jesse and the rest of my bandmates standing around the table. He looker at me expectantly and I just grinned. He smiled and I ran toward him.

"Oh my fucking God!" I just about screamed throwing my arms around his kneck.

"We did it! We fucking did it!" He yelled over the music.

Dyl and Mattie looked at us with even bigger grings then us. He must've told them about the call. Right then and there we did
something so cheesey, we had an actual group hug. I was crushed agaisnt Mattie and Dyl with Jesse's arms around us all. Just about
everyone in the house must've known what happened because they started screaming and cheering at the top of their lungs.

"We did it, we really fuckin' did it Lex, I can't believe it dude." Mattie whispered in my ear hugging me even tighter. 'We did yo, it's fuckin' amazing!" I practically shrieked, I tightened my arm I had around him.
We all pulled apart and I looked around. Everyone was smiling, dancing, talking, and laughing. Despite all the good times I've had, this so far was the best night of my life.
We all walked over to the kitchen and I knew where this was headed. Shots. I looked to my right and saw Mattie with his phone recording us, I guess that's how special this was.

"SHOTS!" Dyl yelled throwing his arms up in the air.

I started laughing really hard, not just because of the alcohol, but because Mattie kept poking my sides so he could record me laughing.

"Lex! Get your ass over here!" I looked around, to be honest, I was confused as shit.
I felt a tug on my arm, I looked down to see Jesse's hand around my wrist. He yanked me out into the kitchen and shoved a shot glass filled with cherry pinnacle into my hands and raised his for a toast
"Yo, get the fuck over here bitches!" I yelled motioning for Dyl and Mattie to come over, they stopped fighting over the phone for a minute and came over. I'm damn sure that if we didn't have shots for them they would've ignored us. We wrapped our arms around eachother's shoulders so we were standing in a circle.

"What're we cheering for again?" I laughed and Jesse looked at me like I was retarted.

"The band you dumb bitch" he started laughing and we all held our glasses out and clinked them together.

"TO SKYLINE!!" We all said inusion, it was so cool it was fuckin' creepy.

We downed the alcohol and seperated again.

The party went on for hours and everyone was beyond smashed. I laughed at Mattie and Dyl who kept trying to slapbox in the empty livingroom but failed because everytime one would swing the other would try to Dodge it and fall. The house cleared out just leaving us four. We all cleaned the broken red cups, cigarette buts, and beer off the floor.
I finished taking the last trash bag outside and flopped myself on the couch. I closed my eyes and started to feel really tired. But before I even started to dozed off I felt someone sit on my legs. I opened my eyes and w by Jesse's grin.
I smiled and poked him. He looked at me in fake shock and pouted.
I laughed and poked him again.

"So, how do you feel?" He cocked his head.

Well... I can't feel my legs 'cause some fat bitch is sitting on them." I smiled and he pulled my legs out from under him and put them on his lap. "Seriously though, how do you feel?"

"Like..." I paused finding it hard to think because on my exhaustion. I closed my eyes and layer my head on the armrest.

"Like a hundred throusand wings, soaring throught the sky." I sang my favorite lyric from 'There's No Sympathy For The Dead.'

"Of course you do Lex." I heard Jess laugh before falling into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's still kinda short, but things are still just getting off the ground.
I'm not gonna be a bitch and say 'i want this many comments for an update' but I really would love it, I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong, and right.
On a lighter note, I put Lex's picture and description in the characters section.
I'm going to do the rest of them tomorrow, oh and thanks for the subs. :D