Status: Complete <3

Here's to the Friends That Were Alibis

We're On Top Of The World!

Lex's P.O.V.

I woke up the next day on Jesse's couch without a massive hangover, but I really thirsty. I walked out into the kitchen and I lost it. The sight before me was fucking hilarious. Mattie and Dyl were laying on the floor SPOONING. Apparently I was laughing too loud because they started to stir. I quickly pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of the happy couple. I guess the flash woke them up because they attempted to jump away and knocked their heads together and falling back down to floor.

"O-oh m-m-my God!" I managed to get out in between fits of laughter.

They glared at me and started laughing at themselves.
This was gonna be a good day.

Jesse's P.O.V.

Holy.
Fucking.
Shit.
I had the worst hangover ever. I woke up on my bed with an ashtray on my chest with a Roach in it. Fuck fuck fuck. I leaned over and opened the top drawer to my nightstand and it was empty. All my weed was gone. A whole ounce.

'What the fuck happened last night? Did I smoke it all? Did someone steal it?'
I have parties here all the time and my shit almost never goes missing. I heard laughing coming from downstairs. I guess they were up. I made my way down stairs and looked out into the living room.

Lex was laughing her ass off, practically falling off the couch and Mattie and Dyl came out looking kinda pissed.

"What the hell happened down here?" I asked pointing at Dyl who had his arms crossed over his chest with an angry look on his face. Lex stopped laughing and took a deep breath.

"They were spooning!" She laughed again pointing at them.

"What?" I was confused as shit. Instead of answering me she got up and pulled out her phone. She held it in front of my face. I looked at the picture and started cracking up.

"Fuck you! Fuck both of yous!" Dyl yelled pointing at us and storming out into the kitchen, honestly that just made us laugh harder.

"Wait, why aren't you pissed?" Lex asked Mattie cocking her head to the side.

"Well first off, if it was one of you guys I'd be laughing too. Second off, I know I'm not gay, but Dyl might be kinda insecure..." he started laughing with us after he trailed off.

"Fuck you too asswipe!" Dyl yelled chucking an empty bottle of iced tea at Mattie's head, making us laugh even harder and knocking Mattie off of the couch.

These were my friends, we were like a family, and we loved each other, that's just the way it was.

My phone started buzzing it my hand and I looked down at the screen.

"Yo, shut the fuck up! It's Epitaph!" Everyone stopped laughing and started at me with wide eyes. I dashed over to the couch, letting my bestfriend collect herself before shoving my phone into her hands.

Lex's P.O.V.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Carson, right?"

"They one and only." I smiled sitting on the couch next to Mattie putting the phone on speaker.

"It's Ms. Tate again, I'm calling you with the details of the tour. You guys don't have a problem with flying do you?"

"I've never attempted too..." I asked thinking that she was insane.

"Oh God, no, no, I meant by plane." I could here her laughing a little bit. I felt so stupid, I regretted putting the phone on speaker because now the rest of my band was rolling on the living too floor laughing too.

"Oh... um no, we don't." I stated dumbly.

"Good, we sent the tickets yesterday afternoon, you should be receiving them within the next two days. You guys will have an eight a.m. flight from northeast Philadelphia airport to L.A.X. alright?" I could hear her still chuckling on the other end.

"Yeah. That sounds great, will anyone be waiting for us at L.A.X?" I didn't want to sound like a complete idiot.

"Yes, I'm not sure who yet, call this number when you get to L.A.X. and I'll let you know."

"Thank you so much, I'll be sure to call you." I was ecstatic, everything fell into place just as I'd hoped for.

I hung up and looked at everyone. "Better pack your shit. We're leaving Friday." I grinned and everyone else cheered. We piled into Mattie's civic except for Jesse since he was already home.

They dropped me off first since I lived in the same neighborhood as Jesse. I jumped out of the car and waved to them as they drove off. I pulled my house key out of my Janet as I walked up the walkway leading to the steps of my porch. I unlocked the front door. I went in, locking the door behind me.

"Hi baby" I smiled as my kitten, Spazz ran to the front door to greet me.

She meow-ed when I picked her up and kissed her head and set her back down. I walked upstairs to the attic to grab a few bags and trudged to my room and kicked my shoes off.

I turned on the stereo next to my door and blasted some Metallica as I went through my drawers and started throwing shit into one of the four jansport bookbags I had from highschool. It took me a a half hour but I finally got my shit packed and ready to go. I laid down and closed my eyes.

"So lock and load mercenaries, I see the smoke from the hilltop, they march one by one!" I woke up to hear my ringtone 'The Guillotine' blasting in my ear on my pillow.

"Yo." I answered.

"Lex, it's Jesse."

"What's up bitch? It better be good... You woke me up." I whined the last part.

"Believe me it's pretty damn good, I got the tickets, for some reason they sent to my house."

I could imagine him smiling on the other side of the line.t
"Goodshit, you packed?" I sounded as happy as I could, considering I just woke up.

"Yeah, I have been for a while, I'm gonna try to get some sleep, call Mattie and Dyl to see if they're packed."

"Gotchuuuu" I said obnoxiously and ended the call. I searched through my contacts and dialed Mattie.

"Hello?" He answered sounding like I woke him up.

"Yo, it's Lex, Jess wanted me to call you to see if you're packed."

"Yup, Dyl is too, I haven't heard him making any noises anymore so I guess he passed out." He laughed.

"Alright, see you guys Friday." I laughed remembering them spooning on Jess's kitchen floor. One word for that picture.

Blackmail.

I ended the call and went out into the kitchen to make myself some food, I was hungry as hell. I went to open the freezer but stopped when I saw a note taped to the handle.

Went to Jersey for the weekend, be back Monday. Call me if you need anything, I left $400 under the remote on the coffee table.

Love you, dad


I smiled. "400 bucks, sweeeeeeeet."

Friday

"Flight 42 to L.A.X, boarding now." We heard the speakers blare.

''C'mon guys, let's go!" Jesse grinned after we passed through the metal detectors.

"We're on top of the world!" Dyl screamed, earning looks for people passing by.

We got to the connector thingy that takes you from the floor to the plane.

I looked back longingly at the city i was leaving behind. I put my my head down and sighed.

"You don't wanna leave... do you?" Mattie asked softly as understandingly as he could, considering he wasn't from here, he was from Alabama.

I turned around him and looked up at him and sighed again.

"I'll be fine, I got you guys." I smiled and he wrapped his arm around as best he could with carrying his bags. We onto the plane to see Jesse and Dylan fighting over who got the window seat. I looked at Mattie and laughed.

This was gonna be a long flight...
♠ ♠ ♠
I made this as long as I could and I'm exhausted. Thank you sososo much 'becca65' for commenting, you're awesome. I got 10 readers and three subscribers in one day, I'm really happy, but I'd love more comments to let me know if you guys like it. I'm gonna do the characters tonight and update again tomorrow after school.
Thanks guys. (: