Status: Completed. For now. :)

Some Secrets Are Meant To Be Told

Chapter Three

I woke up in Will’s arms with a smile on my face. Memories swarmed my mind- midnight kisses, naked limbs, a night full of love. My heart felt as if it was going to burst with happiness. I looked over my shoulder to see Will looking at me.
“Good morning, love.” He said in a whisper. I pushed my body towards him- he responded by wrapping his arms around me. Our hips clicked together and fit perfectly. I felt his naked chest press through the thin material of the shirt I was wearing (Wasn’t this the shirt he was wearing yesterday?). My legs came into contact with his, and I realized that he and I weren’t wearing pants of any kind. I stiffened. Sensing that something was amiss, Will asked,
“What’s wrong, sweetheart?”
“I’m not wearing any pants, Will.” He smiled.
“You weren’t when you fell asleep. Actually, you were completely naked. I took the liberty of putting you in some clothes. You’re wearing your underwear and my shirt.” I blushed crimson.
“I remember what happened last night, but will you tell me? I’m trying to make sure it wasn’t a dream.” Will chuckled at me and whispered it in my ear. I blushed a deeper crimson.
“You’re beautiful, Liz,” he continued in a louder voice, “You’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen, and I love you, your body, and every flaw of yours. Now, I called the school and told them we were going to be late, so we have until lunch ends to get there. Your mom was already here with clothing and your bag. With that in mind, I suggest that we shower separately. You want to get breakfast going? I’ll take a shower first.” I smiled and agreed, and watched him get out of bed. He was just wearing boxers. Will looked behind him and saw I was looking. I hid under the covers, giggling.
“Weirdo.” I heard from above me and gave a girlish scream as he started to tickle me with the ferocity of an angry cat.
“Stop it! I yield! Stop!” I yelled at him, kicking wildly and laughing while tears threatened to drop. He stopped, and sat on the bed next to me. I wrapped my arms around his waist, and cuddled up to him. Without any hesitation, he wrapped his arms around me.
“I love you, Will” I whispered. He squeezed me and tried to get up, but I kept holding on to him. He laughed.
“Lizzy, we need to get up. Come on, sweet love.” His hands gently broke my grip. He leaned down and kissed me on the forehead, my nose, and lastly on my lips. We lingered there for a moment. Will grabbed his clothing- jeans, boxers, and a blue button down shirt.
“Go get breakfast ready, sweetheart. I’ll be back soon.” He urged me out of bed gently, and I complied. I watched as he left his room, went into the bathroom and gave me one last smile before closing the door. I heard the water start, and looked around his room for my sweatpants and bra. They were neatly folded on the top of his dresser. Changing quickly, I went down the hall to the kitchen. I decided to make pancakes- his favorite. There was a knock at the door. I walked over to the door, and opened it. Icy fear gripped my heart.
“Roman-”
“Grab your shit. You’re coming with me. If you do anything, I will kill him and his sister.” He was pissed. Beyond pissed. I thought about knocking on the bathroom door anyway, but I resolved not to. I walked back to Will’s room. Quickly, I grabbed a piece of notebook paper and wrote, “He’s here. Roman. He’ll hurt Cassie if I don’t go. I love you, and I always will. – Lizzy” I put the paper on the foot of the bed where he was bound to see it. Gripping my bag in one hand and my shoes in the other, I walked to where Roman was standing. Slipping on my Converses, I said,
“Let’s go.” He grasped my upper arm in a harsh grip. I clenched my jaw, and walked. Roman lived about twenty minutes away. I let my thoughts wander, ignoring Roman attempting to yank my arm out of its socket. My bladder started to hurt- I needed to pee. My heart raced. When did I have my last period? Two months ago? After the second time Roman had… Shit. Shit. Shit. I think I might be pregnant. It’s not like Roman ever used protection. My heart stopped, and a wave of love for the maybe-baby inside of me. I needed to get out of here. I had to protect it.
“Roman, what do you want from me? Or does my pain get you off?” Roman grinned like a villain. Fear renewed its grip, but I wouldn’t let it take over. We were almost to his house. I struggled, fighting his grip on my arm, and landed a kick between his legs. He gasped- anger surged over him and took over. I tried to run, but he wouldn’t let go. In the corner of my eye, I saw his opposite hand being raised. I braced myself for the blow. He slapped me. My cheek burned and tears threatened to escape. I bit the inside of my cheek and fought the impulse to cry. I can’t show weakness. I straightened my back and looked at him right in the eye. He yanked on my arm again, pulling me towards the bottom entrance to his house. Roman pushed me through the door and stood over me, dropping his fist again and again. I tried to cover my head, but I can still see his arm rise up every time. I’m scared, for myself, for Will, for the child inside of me. I felt Roman’s foot connect with my stomach. I cried out,
“Stop, please! Stop!” Wrapping my arms around my stomach I cried. He was standing over me, looking as if the devil had possessed him. His hand grabbed my red hair, pulling me up to my feet.
“Get in the bedroom.” He growled. I complied, striving to survive.
“Lay on the bed.” I did so, closing my eyes as I laid face down on his bed. I felt a cold touch of metal on my wrists. He had handcuffed me to the bed. His hands found the top of my sweatpants and jerked them down along with my underwear. I could hear him unbuttoning and unzipping his pants. They fell to the floor and I felt him kneel over me. His hands were on my ass. I screamed, tears flowed down my cheeks, and sobs shook my body.
“PUT YOUR HANDS UP, MESTAZ! GET OFF THE BED OR WE’LL SHOOT.” A woman’s powerful, dangerous voice filled the room. I started to cry harder, and tried to hide my face from the strangers. Someone’s hands where unlocking the handcuffs.
“Lizzy?” Will was here. I curled up into a ball, my back to him, while I convulsed in silent sobs.
“Lizzy, come here.” He sat on the bed next to me. I turned around and crawled to him. He wrapped his arms around me.
“Hush, baby, it’s okay, he’s going away for a long, long time. It’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you. No one is ever going to hurt you again.” He cooed in my ear. I wrapped my arms around him, and sobbed. His hands ran over my body, checking for damages to my body. One of his arms wrapped around me. His other hand touched my cheek, and I turned my head so he could see where Roman had slapped me. He let out a hiss. I guess it was already starting to bruise.
“We should take her down to the station.” The woman who had yelled was behind me. I stiffened.
“It’s okay, Liz. I’m going to be here with you the whole time.” Will whispered, and I nodded.
“Here,” she said behind me, “your other sweats are evidence.” Will nodded and took something from her. I hid my face in his neck.
“Sweetheart, she left. You can let go. Let’s get you dressed.” I didn’t let go. Will sighed. He reached back and unlatched my hands. Lifting me up, he set me down on the bed next to him. He got up,
“Stick out your legs, love.” I submitted, and let him slip the sweats on my legs. He gently pulled me up, the sweats at my ankles. He stooped down and pulled them up until the fit snugly on my hips. Then, his hands cupped my cheeks with a gossamer touch and tenderly kissed my forehead.
“I love you, Elizabeth Johnson. But don’t you dare scare me like that again. I thought I was going to lose you forever.”
“He threatened to hurt you and Nicole, Will. If I lost you… I would have lost my whole world. I couldn’t live with myself if you got hurt because of me.” I encircled his body with my arms.
“Lizzy, if I lost you, my heart would have died. I can’t lose you. I love you so much.” I nodded.
“Let’s get you out of here, love.” He effortlessly picked me up bridal style. Will carried me out of Roman’s house. The EMTs hurried towards us.
“We just want to check her vitals.” The young man who spoke looked fairly young, but his partner was thankfully a woman who smiled at me. Will nodded for me, and set me on the bumper of the ambulance. They checked my respiration, pulse, skin, pupils, and blood pressure among other things. I didn’t speak much. Will did most of my talking for me. The woman EMT gave me a friendly squeeze before I was cleared to go with the police.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?