Sequel: Living Our Dreams

Daydreamer

sixteen.

"The dimensions of a four sided pyramid.." My professor droned on about physics and relations between other 3D shapes.

It had already been over an hour or so and by now class should of finished but our professor insisted his lecture wouldn't be long.

"Fuck. I'm gonna kill if he doesn't shut the fuck up." I heard Kylie groan from next to me.

"I'll kill him first." I whispered back.

I watched as Kylie unexpected raised her hand and said loudly, "Professor Martin, you said this was gonna be quick. I've got to visit my grandmother in the hospital." She lied with a worried expression. Completely different than what I was expecting, which was something to go along the lines of his death.

"Oh!" Professor said with a sympathetic look, "I'll just finish my lecture tomorrow." He waved us off and we all happily left.

Kylie got many thanks as we left, making our exit even slower. Eventually when we got out we headed to my place since Kyle probably had his friends over at their place. There was just under a week until Cody was coming home so I took all the company I could find. Kylie's parents were going to watch the game with some friends so I invited Kyle and his friends to come over as long as they stayed out of Cody and my room and kept things clean. I never trusted guys coming over unless they were Cody's friends which were usually his teammates unless high school friends happened to be in town for some reason.

"Sick place!" Nathan, one of Kyle's friends, said as he walked in. Kyle and his friends also attended the same school, UBC, so it was easier for me to invite them.

"Yeah, me and my brother―mostly my brother―saved up enough money to get it. Apartments downtown are expensive so we were lucky." I told him.

I put the TV on the game and quickly went to the kitchen to grab snacks.

"Whoa, isn't this Cody Hodgson?" Kyle's other friend, Gordon said as he held up my family portrait that would've been lying on the small table next to the lamp if he hadn't picked it up.

"Whoa, you weren't lying!" Kyle said as he grabbed the frame from his friend and studied it for a moment.

I rolled my eyes and took the seat next to Kylie just as the started singing the anthem. The next few hours were full of yelling at the officials and screaming at the opposing team, the San Jose Sharks.

"Hey Car, I was meaning to ask you, what was with Cody yelling out your name on the game against the Bruins?" Kylie asked as we put the snack bowls in the sink.

"Oh, uh.." My phone beeped and vibrated from the counter. I quickly grabbed it to find a way to avoid the question. The truth was, I didn't know why Cody said that. I didn't know why Tyler reacted how he did. I didn't have an answer.

I unlocked my phone and checked my messages. I was surprised to find a message from Tyler. Road trip to Pittsburgh and stopped at the world's largest shoe!

And there on the screen was Tyler next to a shoe almost the size of a house. It was gigantic and made Tyler look like an ant. What I didn't realize was that Kylie was looking over my shoulder. I let out a small chuckle before Kylie made herself noticed.

"Isn't that..?" She was about to point at the photo but I quickly locked my phone and slipped it into my pocket.

"Jesus! Privacy!" I said.

"Whoa, sorry! But that's Tyler Seguin, right?" She asked, pointing at my pocket.

"So we're friends. What's so bad about that?" I said with a simple shrug.

"Nothing except he's fucking hot!" She squealed.

"Who's hot?" Kyle asked as he turned towards us from the couch.

"Tyler Seguin!" Kylie squealed.

"Ugh, he's on the Boston Bruins, right? Why like him? Choose someone else!" Kyle said, glaring at his sister.

Kylie immediately turned to me, "Does he like you? Do you like him? Text him back!"

I'll be honest, I loved the feeling of talking about Tyler. Just the thought of him put a smile on my face and it was all I could think about. His smile was adorable and it felt like it was stamped onto my brain so I could never forget. I let out a little sigh at the thought.

"I don't know." I murmured.

"Text him!"

I gave her a dramatic huff and took out my phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoot whoooot.
Kinda late but I was at the book store so yeeeeuh (: