Sequel: Living Our Dreams

Daydreamer

eighteen.

"Buffalo's nice." I murmured as Cody and I exited the airport.

"You didn't have to come along. I could help you with financial problems in Vancouver. I know you're gonna miss your friends and starting a new school is always hard." Cody insisted.

"You're my brother. I'm going wherever you go." I told him, "Plus I heard UB was a great school. I could get better success with volleyball here. I could talk to my friends on the phone whenever I wanted. And mom said they're all gonna visit more now that were just south!" I said, trying my best to get him to see the bright side of things.

"Yeah, I guess." He sighed as we got into the taxi and headed to our new home.

Image

I wrapped my crew neck tighter around my body. It was snowing lightly, something that I'd have to get used to, but it was like this back home in Toronto. Living in Vancouver for quite a while took it's toll. I had just finished my try outs for UB's volleyball team, possibly under at least a half scholarship. It would make things easier so we wouldn't have to worry about a financial problem.

I let myself into the First Niagara Centre to find Cody having one on one practice with one of the assistant coaches while the head coach was yelling at everyone else. I took a seat at one of the front row chairs and finally let myself relax.

I almost fell asleep when my phone started going off, my ringtone still being the Vancouver Canucks song on TSN. I made a quick reminder to change that soon.

"Hello?" I asked groggily, "Who is this?"

"Caroline, it's me. Tyler. I just wanted to say sorry." I heard his shallow voice say.

"Why exactly are you saying sorry?"

"I don't know. Cause I was rude." He mumbled. "Look," He said, letting his voice get clearer, "Hey, since your semester is coming to an end, why don't you visit Boston? I don't think we're heading to Vancouver anytime soon, so you might as well come and visit."

I let out a low chuckle, "Yeah, I know you're not going to Vancouver for the rest of the season but aren't you headed to Buffalo in a few?"

"Buffalo? Yeah, but what's that gotta do with anything?" He asked, confused.

"Didn't you hear? Cody was traded." I said with a goofy smile.

I know it was kind of weird, joking around with someone that I kind of wished I never met (okay, so maybe I'm over exaggerating) but I just wanted to cut loose. Today was full of uptight official guys who were discussing business with my brother and airplane people that would rather spit in my face than ask if I wanted coke or sprite.

"Traded?! So you live in Buffalo now? Don't joke with me." He said, his voice wasn't wavering at all.

"True shit." I said with a grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
sooo, i wrote a few long ones (obviously this isn't one of them) but im gonna make them a LITTLE longer but try and keep updates constant (: