(I'll Stand With You) Through The Gates of Hell

Capitulo Siete

Gerard’s P.O.V

"What do we have for homework today?” I asked Ray as I packed up from our last class. He looked up thumping his foor as he tried hard to remember.

“We only have to find a play we want to do a oral report on.” He told me.

I groaned. Talking infront of crowds wasn’t my forte.

“I think I’m just going to say that my play is called ‘Hallowed Be Thy Name’. Let’s see if they fall for that one.” I said chuckling.

“What if they ask you who’s the author?” Ray questioned going along with the joke.

I shrugged. “I’ll just say it was written by Sir Ivon Maiven.” I replied.

“Good luck , anyways.” He said before leaving the classroom.

I swung my backpack on over one shoulder and walked into the hallway. I walked until I got to Helena’s locker.

“Bonjour, Helena.” I said as she put in the last of her textbooks. I took a a look at her nails. Which were bitten down and bleedy-looking , like usual. I guess it was just another way of hurting herself. She has been doing that since she was really young anyways. Old habits do die hard.

Somehow in the middle of all that pit of dispair , anxiety and depression I began seeing something beautiful about her. I hadn’t really noticed that before. Her green eyes , dark locks, but her overall presence. She was like a candle in the wind. Definately just trying her hardest to no get blown out.

“Hey ,Gee.” She greeted back.

“They just told me I have to cut my hair this weekend.” I announced very bummed out about it. My hair was well , my hair. I took a touch of pride on it actually. Especially the style , which is none , hehe.

“What?! Are you serious?” She exclaimed. She cated as if they had just told her to cut her hair. I nodded.

“Sadly, Yes. So I have to take the bus into town tomorrow. You wanna come?” I asked her running my hand through my hair for one of the last times.

“Definitely. That way we can also buy something to wear to the homecoming dance.” She agreed clicking her locker closed. We began walking toward the exit of the school building.

“Homecoming Dance?” I questioned following her closely on the small trail leading to the dorms.

“Yeah. It’s next Friday. And it’s mandatory.” She explained adding air quotes on madatory.

I shrugged it off. “So ,anyways, What do you think of the guys? Ray,Bob and Frank.” I asked her changing the subject succesfully.

“They are all really nice. And ,well, Frank’s kinda cute.” She said casually.

I froze completely. After , I shook my head trying to get what she had just said out of my mind.

“You okay , Gee?” she asked , worried.

I nodded nervously and tried not to meet her eyes.

“Gerard, I just said he was cute. I’m not even sure if I like hi m.” She tried covering up.

I kept on walking with my head down. Trying to process what she had said earlier.

She kept on following me and then stood infront of me.

“Gerard , are you jealous?” She asked. I couldn’t escape her green eyes this time. She didn’t wait for an answer.

“Don’t be, okay?”

Helena’s P.O.V:

“Don’t be , okay?” I tried to make him understand in a bit of a strict tone. He began looking down again. He wasn’t taking me seriously.

Before he could say or do anything else. I did it. I brought myself close to him , closed my eyes and kissed him softly on the lips. He was as tense as hell.

I opened my eyes as I was still kissing him. From the corner of my eyes I could see he didn’t know what to do with his hands. They were , at his sides , trembling. He tried to place them on my back but he just couldn’t and went back to shaking by his sides.

Even though it was a few seconds , I’ve never seen Gerard so insecure. I gently broke away from him but kept one hand on his shoulder. I looked him in the eyes. He was a bit stoked.

He took my hand and gently placed it off his shoulder .Not in a bad way , but he was a nervous wreck. He kept our glances connected,though. He kept trying to hide his red cheeks. His lack self-confidence normally didn’t help either. I wanted him to know so bad that everything was okay.

“So..um..se ya tomorrow..uhh..bye.” He mumbled before breaking into a very bumbling jog.

“’Kay.” I told him still smiling. Normally one of us had to keep control over the awkward situation. It was my turn this time.

Then it felt like a light bulb had gone off above my head. Seriously! I finally noticed that there were a few things that I asked about guys : support , honesty , and an overall good friend. How couldn’t I notice that Gerard had all of them and more?
♠ ♠ ♠
grr.. crappy chapter in my opinion..
but kinda cute i guess.
so okay chapter 8 is going to take a while..cause i havent thought up anything!
well more people suscribed and that makes me feel special! ^_^
xoxo. breakonthru
comments are love!