The Kids Are Alright

The Happiest Days Of Our Lives

I came out of the bathroom with a robe on and I was towel drying my hair, I sat on the bed and I heard London was sitting in front of the mirror. She was crying and trying to fix her make up, I bit my lip trying to come up with something to say. When I couldn't come up with anything I just simply asked what was wrong.

She smiles at me weakly, "You know, sometimes it's not easy to be the future Mrs. Roger Daltrey or Keith Moon's baby sister."

"You make it look very easy though." I pulled the towel from my hair and threw it in the hamper.

London chuckles and turns to me, "How did you become a groupie Ramona?"

My mind searches back to when I was 15 and I met Jimmy Page when he was in the Yardbirds. That was when I first had an affair with a rock star, but it was different than any other affair I ever had after wards. I was in love with Jimmy and he promised we would be together forever. When I got pregnant he left, but I gave the baby away to a nice couple that couldn't have kids. I gave up the baby because I had been introduced through Jimmy to a new world, I wanted to be apart of that world.

Plus I became obsessed with the music. I wanted to show the musicians how much I appreciated it, and best way to show them your appreciation is through sex because that's what their music does to you. It's orgasmic, so when you're with them you give them back what they gave you. I wondered if I should tell London that, I worried if I did she would surely hate me. Especially if I told her that I had a three year old child out there somewhere that I gave up for my own selfish reasons. Of course at that moment I felt different about the lifestyle I chose, I wanted away from it.

"That's a story for a different day." I say quietly, my eyes drop to the floor.

"Oh, okay."

We both remained silent while London got ready to go down to the party, I never figured out why she was crying. I never found out why she said it was hard to be with Roger and to be Keith's little sister. She told me good night before she left me in the room alone.