The Kids Are Alright

Won't Get Fooled Again

I woke up the next morning in the hotel room with Pete on the opposite bed just like I had two days before; I smiled forgetting about everything that had happened the night before.

I rolled out of the bed and my makeup bag out of my suitcase; I ran to the bathroom and covered the black and blue blotch around my eye. I pulled a dress on and fixed my hair; by the time Pete woke up I looked totally normal.

He walks up to me groggily and wraps his arms around my waist, “Welcome back.” He says sleepily and kisses my forehead. My heart began to pound and I worried that he could feel it against his chest, but I was so comfortable in his arms that I didn’t want to move.

The door is thrown open; we pull apart quickly and try to act casual. Keith is standing in the doorway with his arms in the air and the biggest smirk on his face that you can possibly see on a human being.

“THE KING HAS ARRIVED!” He yells, he runs up to me and grabs me cheeks. He gives me a quick kiss and then he runs down the hall to Roger and London’s room.

They both wander out of their room sleepily as he runs to John and Helena’s room. I look up at Pete who is so angry that his face was red, I was scared to move. I had seen what he could do to a guitar just after playing a show; I didn’t want to imagine what he could do when he was angry. I didn’t want to find out either.

“I’m going to go talk to London.” I say sheepishly before leaving the room. As soon as I closed the door a heard a large crash followed by the sound of broken glass, I ran down the hall to London who was trying to calm Keith down from whatever high he was on.

“What’s going on, Ramona?”

When I tell her what’s going on it all comes out in one frantic word, “Peteismadforsomereasonandhe’sdestroyingthehotelroomandI’mreallyscared.”

Roger and Keith stare at me puzzled because they couldn’t understand a single word I had just said, but London understood and that’s all that mattered to me. She shakes her head and takes off down the hall.

I run after her “No! London! What if he hurts you?”

“If he hurts me I will fucking kill him!” She says and I follow behind her as she bravely goes into the room.