Status: This is a work in progress we shall try to post around once a week, if not we apologize in advance.

Mute Friendship

Chapter Four

I was different after what came to be known as the “incident”... I barley spoke once I woke up, and when I did it was just short quiet phrases. My eyes looked darker, lifeless, and empty. All I wanted was to go back to that day, and change what happened...Some how...Anyway possible...I just want it to be undone...
Everything changed after the incident as well... My mom became depressed and angry at almost everything, my dad blamed himself for not being able to protect us and barley comes home from work any more, and Jimmy... Jimmy, my very own brother has barley spoken a word to me since... But that's getting a little ahead of myself.
The day I woke up after it happened, my parents, and Jimmy were all in the hospital room waiting for me to open my eyes. As soon as I did though I bursted out crying. I bawled in the hospital bed for a long time, until I ran out of tears... I remember my mom engulfing me in a hug as soon as the first tear slid down my face, and then just crying.
Finally when I was almost done crying, and about to be discharged; my mom, and dad stepped out to talk to the doctor, and that's when I found Jimmy's long strong arms around me. I looked at him confused before he looked me in the eyes, and I could see tears in them. Before I could ask him whats wrong he told me to please stay quiet, so I did.
“Eva...I'm so, so, so, so, sorry about what happened... I can't even begin to express how sorry I am...” Jimmy began apologizing to me, tears in his eyes.
“Jimmy, I don't blame you...” I whispered to him, because I really didn't.
“But you should. It's my fault that kid's face got messed up, his dad never would have came looking for us if I didn't fall on him. It's all my fault Eva, if I wouldn't have taken you out of school even... I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry about what happened, and you wont have to worry about me screwing up your life anymore... I wont be there to fuck it up.” he said to me before getting up from the edge of my hospital bed, and walking out.
“Jimmy? Jimmy wait!” I called out to him trying to stop him, but he didn't even hesitate. “Jimmy! Don't go! It's not your fault! Please?!” I called after him, but he never came back in the room, he didn't even wait outside the door. He just left. I tried to look around for him, but before I could get far my parents found me, and took me home.
The car ride home was silent; just me, my mom, and dad. None of us spoke a word, and it was almost scary of how quiet it was. Eventually we made it home though, I was hoping to see Jimmy waiting inside... I was hoping he would jump out and yell “gotcha!” or “Nice one huh?” so, I could yell at him just like normal, but Jimmy wasn't there when we got home... He didn't return until almost after curfew, and when he did he went straight to his room, not saying so much as a word to me, or even looking in my direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey readers! Sorry it's so short :/ I promise the chapters are going to be longer now on, and plus the second author is starting next chapter so something to look forward to ^_^ Well anyway we appreciate any subscribers, comments, or readers; and if we get a comment we will put up a chapter before next weekend!