Status: This is a work in progress we shall try to post around once a week, if not we apologize in advance.

Mute Friendship

Chapter Six

“Eva! You have to get up! I am not driving you to school on the first day because you missed the bus! You can walk your lazy ass!” My mom yelled up the stairs five minutes before my alarm clock was due to go off. I sigh, and reach over to my phone texting her a reply to get her to shut up before crawling out of bed.
I stretch, and yawn as I stand up, making sure to turn off my alarm clock so it wont go off now that I don't need it. I stumble to my door, and search the wall before flipping on the light switch so I can see, seeing as its five forty in the morning it's still a little dark; Plus I have black curtains, so any light can't get in even if there was any. I walk over to my dresser, and grab the outfit I laid out last night before going to bed, and then walk out of my room.
“James! Don't make me go in there with a bucket of ice water!” My mother yells at Jimmy's door, as she bangs on it.
“Jesus Christ woman! I'm up!” He yells, and I frown before running to the bathroom, so they wont see me. Jimmy still hasn't even looked me in the eyes since that day in the hospital...Let alone talk to me... I'd even take a text message, or phone call, or even an email, or hell a letter! But...I've gotten nothing. I let one tear slide down my cheek before I wipe it away, and then shake my head riding myself of all the thoughts of Jimmy. I can think about it later, I know I will. I close my eyes, and take a deep breath before getting ready for the day.
About fifteen minutes later I step out of the bathroom in my usual black ripped jeans, and some band t shirt, today being guns-n-roses, and my dirty blond hair pulled back into a ponytail. I put my pj's into the hamper, and then walk back to my bedroom to finish getting ready.
Once inside my room I put on some mismatching socks, not because I wanted to, but because I couldn't find the match, and then tied my sneakers to my feet. I was feeling like being a little, I don't know more put together today so, I decided to put on some eyeliner as well. I sighed looking in the mirror not really liking what I saw, my eyes now cold and empty, my face pale and depressed, and of course the heavy bags under my eyes from the little to no sleep I've had for a while now.
“Eva! Hurry up! You only have eight minutes to get to the bus stop, and I am still not driving you to school no matter what!” My mom yelled up the stairs, and I sighed sliding on a baggy zip up hoodie, shoving my phone and ipod, along with headphones into my pockets, and grabbing my backpack. I slid my backpack with a few pens, and pencils, and a notebook to doodle in/take any notes for the day (suppiles for the class, what to expect, etc.) that I might need onto my shoulder.
“Ev-” My mom begins to yell up the stairs again, but stops short when I open my door, and walk down the stairs. She sighs, but then shrugs walking back to her office to grab her things before she goes to work. I go into the kitchen and, grab a bagel before getting out the cream cheese, and spreading it over my bagel. I nibble on my bagel until its time to go then I grab a napkin for my bagel, and then walk out the door still nibbling on my bagel every now and then.
As soon as I made it to the sidewalk I put my headphones in, and started blasting my music, barley paying attention to my surroundings. I made it to the bus stop a little early so, I decided to sit on the curb, and eat my bagel until the bus came.
“Finally made it to the tenth grade huh Sullivan.” I hear the voice of one of Jimmy's friends Matt say behind me.
I just turn my music up so I couldn't hear them anymore. I finished my bagel just as the bus came, and I was the first one at my stop on so, there were some empty seats. I decided to take a seat in the middle, and sat alone for the whole ride to school, as usual.
I don't really like school, but I don't really mind it either as long as I don't have to talk, or stand up in front of the class. Besides that I can do everything else, its not to too hard for me; plus if it is hard for me, I have a lot of time to look over the notes I take in class. I don't do much at home so, I have a lot of free time. I just really hope I don't have any classes with Jimmy this year... I don't know if I'll be able to take that... I sigh looking out the window noticing were already at school, and put my backpack back on my shoulders before standing up, and walking off the bus.
Since it was the first day of school I didn't stop at my locker, I had everything I would need with me anyway. Instead I just went straight to homeroom. I know my way around the school pretty well so, I didn't get lost or anything either. I made it to my homeroom a little early, so there were only about five other kids in there; thankfully they were all “nerds”, and sat in the very front, so I went to the very back, and took my seat. Maybe this teacher wont be one of those assholes that seats you alphabetically. I pop in both of my headphones, and listen to my music absentmindedly while looking around the room. That's when I noticed all the “nerds” up front are friends...
I don't have any friends. I did but, after the incident most of them got bored with me, or something along those lines, and didn't want to be friends anymore. I did have one friend though, and she was my best friend from when I was just a little kid too, but as fate would have it, she moved, and I'm not talking just down the street. I mean like to a different continent. Asia to be exact. Her parents got promotions in their jobs, or something like that, and they had to move to China to stay with the company. Load of bullshit if you ask me... I really miss her, I mean I do see her sometimes we chat online, or via web cam, but it's just not the same...
I felt a poke on my arm and at first I thought it was just someone trying to piss me off so, I ignored it. When it didn't stop however I took out one of my headphones, and looked to my left to the source of the poking, a guy with a head full of black hair.
“Hey whats up?” They asked, and I looked at them a little confused wondering why they were talking to me. “I'm Zack, call me Zacky, and you?” They asked my name, but I just acted like I didn't hear them.
“Sullivan? Oh god not another one...” The teacher said asking attendance, and I rolled my eyes. It's always the same thing if they have heard of Jimmy... For all they know I could just have the same last name, and not be related to him. Either way I raised my hand, and just like every other teacher his eyes widened he looked at me almost confused, as if waiting for an out burst of noise, and then sighed a sigh of relief before moving on.
“Sullivan? That's your last name right?” That kid what was his name? Z...Za...Zacky! Yeah that's it asked me talking to me again, and I nodded. “Don't talk much?” He asked again, and of course I shook my head no. After that he decided to turn to his other neighbor to talk since I obviously wasn't going to. The rest of homeroom was reasonably quiet for me, I just popped back in my headphones, and waited for the bell.
“Oh, and students. Don't forget today is a half a day so, all of your classes are shortened!” My homeroom teacher yelled out after taking role, and some of the students acknowledged her before she sat down.
Eventually the bell rang, and maybe a little too quickly I was out of the classroom, and down the hall on my way to my first class. Which happens to be... I think to myself getting out my class list, and reading it over quickly; History, oh great. The class that puts me to sleep the most first thing in the day... Well isn't this gonna be fun?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so wow. Sorry we we're M.I.A. for so long! A lot of stuff happened, writers block being one of them, but we are getting back into our writing now, and should be posting regularly. We will go back to posting early if we get a comment, however if we don't we will post once a week.