Status: new

Is It Love At First Sight

the start of christmas break

John's POV

Ashley and I have been dating for over 2 months now and are celebrating our first Christmas together this month. We decided to visit her parents in Baltimore since my parents came to D.C. last month just after Ashley moved in with me. I haven't met her parents yet but she has told them about me so they were OK with us moving in together.

"Oh! Ashley, I forgot to ask you what you want for Christmas." I said and she replied "A Hershey Bears Jersey." Shortly after she pulled into the driveway of her parents house. "Nice house." I complimented and she said "Thanks." We walked hand-in-hand up to the front door where we were greeted by a girl who looked no older than 10. "Ashley!" she said with a tun of happiness. we walked in the house and were greeted by her parents. "Mom and Dad this is John. John this is my mom Carolyn and my dad Drew." Ashley said as she introduced me to her parents. "This is my sister Kayla. Kayla this is John." she said as she introduced me to her sister.

We then sat down on a long couch and started talking to her parents so they could get to know me. Drew asked me "So what do you do for a living John?" I replied "I'm a pro hockey player." Kayla says "That's cool! who do you play for? and what position do you play?" I replied "I'm a defenseman for the Washington Capitals."

After chatting with her parents for a couple of minutes we decided to go upstairs for a little so we could have some alone time. "So do you think your family likes me?" I asked and she replied "Well you haven't met my entire family yet." "Who else do I have to meet?" I asked giving her a confused look and she replied "You have to meet my older brother yet. You'll like him. He's cool."

Later that night we heard a knock on the door when were in the living room chatting with Ashley's parents. "Austin!" Carolyn said when she opened the door. I said to Ashley "Who's Austin?" and she replied "Austin is my older brother." "Austin this is my boyfriend John. John this is my brother Austin." said Ashley and Austin said "Nice to meet you John." and I replied "You too Austin." Austin and I talked for a few hours trying to get to know each other a little bit more. I could tell he liked me because of how well we got along.

The Next day

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I still have to get Ashley and her family something for Christmas. So Austin and I are going Christmas Shopping. It's a good thing already bought something for Austin, "So what does Kayla like?" I asked Austin and he replied "Well she's a big fan of Nicklas Backstrom from the Capitals." OK! So maybe I could get her a Nicklas Backstrom Jersey." "Yeah that would work."

We finished our Christmas Shopping around 2:00 p.m. I got a Nicklas Backstrom Jersey for Kayla, and a Hershey Bears Jersey for Ashley. I only had to get stuff for Ashley and Kayla because Ashley already got something for Austin and her parents for us to give to them. Now it was time to head back to the house.