Status: active:)

More Than Rain

Unique

I stepped cautiously inside the party house behind my brother, Joel and his girlfriend.
I hadn’t really gotten to learn what kind of girl Joel’s girlfriend was yet, she didn’t really talk to anyone much unless it was Joel, and when she did she just wouldn’t shut up.
But so far I could tell she didn’t like wearing anything unless it was a shirt that made her chest appear bigger, or shorts that barely made it past her crotch.
But I’m not the type of girl to judge a book until I read it…doubt the novel is any better than the cover though.
“Don’t do anything stupid” my brother warned, placing a hand on my shoulder before walking off towards a group of guys.
I rolled my eyes and scanned the room.
Almost everyone in the room had a plastic cup most likely filled with some kind of alcoholic concoction.
A few people were dancing on each other, a few people were making their ways upstairs, a few people were lounging on the couches and most of the room was just crowded with drunk, chatting people.

I didn’t know anyone at the party so I just grabbed a plastic cup filled with beer, headed to a wall, slid down it and just sat there sipping my beer.
I watched everyone in the room do what it is they did at a party.
I really wish I knew someone at this party…anyone at all.
Drinking was fun but it wasn’t really fun enough to do alone.
It was more fun to do with someone, you know laugh, get drunk, do something you’d regret in the morning.

“You don’t look like you’re enjoying yourself” a tall guy chuckled.
He had brown hair, and freckled dusted over his face.
“It’s not much fun when you’re at a party, and don’t know anyone” I replied before taking a sip.
“I’m Samuel. Now you know someone.” Samuel said smoothly.
I looked up from my drink and gave him a smile.
“Smooth. I’m Camden.”
“Nice to meet you Camden. Camden is a unique name by the way.” He said before sliding down the wall next to me.
“Thanks, I guess” I laughed lightly.
“I like unique.” He said, nudging my shoulder.
My face started heating up like an oven.
“I’m not anything unique really, just my name” I stuttered.
“Oh yes you are. You’re different than every single girl in this room.” He said.
My eyes automatically landed on Joel’s girlfriend, who was throwing herself all over him, while he politely tried to keep her PG.
Was I different than her?
Was there anyway Joel would see me as more than the girl he had?
Was I anything unique to Joel?
Was I actually more unique than any girl in this room, or was that just a line to overused, that it actually worked on me?
“I bet you say that a lot.”I chuckled, twirling my drink
He looked at me intently, like he was carefully choosing his words.”Only when it’s true…only when I mean it…And I mean”
I smiled.
"You want to sit outside? It’s really stuffy in here.”Samuel asked.
I nodded and followed him outside to the backyard where only a few people were lounging.
“So if you don’t know anyone here then why’d you come?” Samuel asked.
“My brother used me to get to come to this party, so I basically had no choice.” I said.
“I see.” He said.
I nodded.
“So tell me about yourself Camden.” Samuel smirked.
“Okay.” I said nervously.

I spent the night talking about myself with Samuel, and he told me about himself.
I found out he played on the soccer team at my brother’s school, he hated algebra, he loved health..mostly cause the sex part of it, and he didn’t really like parties like these.
He was a pretty nice guy.
“Hey Camden?” Samuel said, getting my attention after a few minutes of pure silence.
“Yeah?”I asked curiously.
He rubbed his neck nervously, something all guys must do when they’re nervous or unsure.” Can I uh, can I kiss you?”
I blinked fast, not able to respond so instead I just nodded my head.
He slowly leaned his head in, his lips inching forward for what felt like forever until they made contact with mine.
The kiss was enjoyable but there was no fireworks, or lightning bolts like I had always wanted to feel.
“That was nice” Samuel smiled.
I nodded, and smiled a little.
“There you are! Let’s go!” My brother said.
“I uh-I’ll see you around”I said,quickly giving him my number and waving goodbye to Samuel.
He agreed and smiled back.

My brother and I strolled outside and into the car where Joel was waiting in the driver’s seat since he was sober, and his girlfriend occupying the passenger’s seat.
“How was that lip lock princess?” Joel’s girlfriend Lia smirked, looking back at me.
“What?” I asked.
“The lip lock? I saw you and your lips getting pretty comfy with that guy. How was it?” she asked.
My face started burning up again, god I really did not like this girl.
“What the hell Camden, who the fuck did you lock lips with?” my brother asked, raising his voice.
I didn’t answer.
“Camden, god dammit who?!” He asked again, more sternly.
“His name’s Samuel, he’s on your school’s soccer team.” I said quietly.
“Oh my god you kissed Samuel Richards? He’s a fucking pig.” My brother seethed.
“Yeah like you can say much. “ I mumbled.
The rest of the ride I ignored my brother’s bickering and Lia’s smart ass remarks about me kissing Samuel.
What worried me was how quiet Joel was being the entire time.
He didn’t once say anything, he usually would put his opinion out there.
But not this time.
This time he was quiet, something was bothering him.
I wonder what.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehh don't really have anything to say...
What do you think of Joel's girlfriend Lia?
What do you think is up with Joel?
And what do you think of this Samuel guy?

CHAPTER PLAYLIST:
Stays four the same- the ready set
Stella- all time low
Switch- ashley tisdale
Take a chance- landon pigg
Take my hand,- the cab
Terrible things- mayday parade