Status: active:)

More Than Rain

Things you just don't say.

JOEL’S P.O.V

I made my way across the street and onto the wet sidewalk.
I smiled a little to myself as I remembered how Camden and I had been running in the rain.
It was so weird how just running in the rain made Camden’s face light up, like it was the funnest thing in the world.
But it probably was, heck I found it fun.
That’s what was great about Camden, it didn’t take much to put a smile on her face…just rain.
Lia on the other hand couldn’t smile unless the day was sunny so she could put on a pair of overly expensive sunglasses, which was the only thing that made her smile.
I didn’t even make her as happy as anything fashion had to offer.

I walked down the sidewalk until I reached my house.
“Hey momma,” I waved, passing the kitchen and heading to my room.
“Home already sweetie?” my mother said, peeking her head out of the kitchen.
“Yeah,”
“Oh okay, well why didn’t that girlfriend of yours come back with you? I saw her car at Jason and Camden’s,” she asked.
“Uh she got a little angry with me and left. Nothing an apology won’t fix,” I reassured her.
I heard my mother groan.”Sweetie, I’m a supportive momma but I don’t support you apologizing over every little thing that girl frets about. What’s she on about anyhow? ”
“Something I said,” I said.
“What did you say sweetie?”she asked.
“I said everything wasn’t real on her, but she did tell me some of the stuff on her wasn’t real, but it’s my fault, I shouldn’t of said that about my girlfriend,” I frowned.
My mother came out of the kitchen to where I was standing in the hallway.
She pinched my cheeks lightly. “Oh you are too sweet of a boy Jo-Jo. You make a momma proud.” She frowned a little and let go of my cheeks.”But you don’t have to own up and apologize for something to make a girl like that happy,”
I sighed.”I know momma,” and walked to my room.

I laid down on my bed and dialed Lia’s number.
One ring…
Two rings…
Three rings…
Voice mail….
I sighed, and decided to call again.
One ring…
Two rings…
“I’m mad at you, there for I’m not talking to you…hints that’s why I didn’t answer your call,” Lia scoffed, after finally picking up the phone.
“I’m sorry, a boyfriend should never talk about their girlfriend like that,” I said.
“Damn right, shitty thing to do I would say,” Lia spat.
I groaned, rubbing my hand down my face.”Lia I know it’s a crappy thing. I’m a crappy boyfriend but you aren’t an award winning girlfriend you know,”
I immediately regretted letting that sentence flow out of my mouth, yet I was relieved it was finally out there.
I heard her scoff on the other line. “You know what Joel, when it comes to you I should be an award because I’m the best damn thing you’ll ever have….scratch that, I’m the best damn thing you ever had. Were over! Fuck you Joel,”
The line clicked dead.
I sighed sadly and hung up.
Single Joel was always a sad Joel.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is short yet I love it!!!<3
I myself love that Joel and Lia are over....but she's not out of the picture just yet my lovelies;)
Thoughts?
I'd love some comments as well!!!:D