Status: I'm slowly updating everything. I promise i'll finish this eventually!

Through Twisted Hearts

Some Things Never Change

When they had finished eating, the group sat around talking and catching up. For Jo, it was just like talking to family. They were all a bit odd, a bit out of place, but they were family. If any of them were in trouble, they’d have each other’s back. That was what family did.

“So, when are we going to give Jo her graduation gift?” Sam asked finally.

“Yea, I can’t wait to open.” Jo replied, grinning.

“Well, why don’t we help her unload first.” Ellen replied, returning the grin.

“Sounds good,” Jo said nodding and standing up. She led the group out to the old car and threw open the trunk. By the time everyone had grabbed a bag or two, Jo’s trunk was completely empty.

“Damn Jo,” Dean said, hefting a bag onto his shoulder, “What are you carrying, boulders?”

“That would be my knife collection.” She said, smiling proudly.

“You know, your only one person. How many knives do you expect to use in a fight?” He complained, making her laugh.

“Come on.” Ellen said, once they were all ready to go. This time, Ellen took the lead, leading them back into the Roadhouse. But instead of heading off toward the hotel rooms just in the back of the place, Ellen led them toward a flight of stairs Jo was sure she’d never seen before.

“I don’t remember this,” Jo stated as she followed her mother.

“It’s new,” Dean replied behind her. Jo said nothing else, just continued following her mother until they finally hit a landing. Jo glanced around as Ellen led her down a long hall, swearing it hadn’t been there when shed left. She watched as her mom pulled a key from her pocket and opened the door.

“Welcome home Jojo,” Ellen said simply, moving aside so Jo could walk in. With a lifted brow, Jo entered the room, gasping a little at what she saw. She was standing in the middle of a small living room that broke off into a kitchen.

“One of you want to tell me what’s going on?” Jo asked, looking back at the others.

“Catch,” Dean replied with a smug grin on his face as he tossed something Jo’s way. Jo lifted a brow, catching the small, shiny, metallic thing at her .She frowned, staring at it a moment before realizing that it was a key.

“Welcome home kid,” Dean told her, still grinning. Jo just stared down at the key and then back at them.

“This is mine?” She asked, glancing around the small loft.

“Do you like it?” Sam asked expectedly.

“Yeah, its great. I’m just a little shocked.” She replied, glancing around again.

“I told you she’d like it,” Dean informed the others smuggly.

“Shut up boy,” Ellen growled at him, making Dean roll his eyes. Jo couldn’t help but laugh at the two of them.

“This was your idea?” Jo asked, lifting a brow at Dean.

“No, it was Ellen’s idea.” He replied, shaking his head, “But she wanted to build you a place a few miles down the road. I didn’t think you’d like that much.” He shrugged, offering her a small smile, which Jo returned.

“You were right,” Jo replied, glancing over at her mother, who said nothing. “So you guys did this yourself? I’m impressed.”

“Yeah, it took us a while, but we figured it out.” Dean nodded.

Yeah, I’m guessing you three did the nailing and hammering. What did you do Sammy, decorate the place?” She asked, grinning at the younger Winchester.

“I did stuff,” Sam replied, glaring at Jo and then at Dean when his brother choked back a laugh.

“Yeah, he did stuff,” Dean nodded slightly, still holding back a laugh.

“Oh , you know I’m just jokin’ Sammy,” Jo said, grinning him, “I’m sure you did a lot.”

"I did," He promised, frowning at his brother. Jo just rolled her eyes and continued to look around.

"You know, I have a room out back." She informed them, smiling a little.

"We thought you'd be a little more setttled here." Ellen explained, shrugging a little.

"Settled?" Jo asked, lifting a brow.

"You know? Why don't we let Jo get settled in?" Bobby said quickly and Jo just smiled. Good old Uncle Bobby, always knew how to calm things down.

"Yeah, good idea." Sam nodded in agreement and they both started pushing Ellen out of the room and Rufus soon followed. Jo smiled and hugged each of them and thanked them Eventually, she was left alone with Dean again.

"I know what's going on," She informed him, causing him to lift a brow.

"Oh yeah?" Dean asked casually, almost innocently. As innocent as Dean Winchester could get anway.

"Your trying to distract me." She said simply.

"From what?" Dean asked curiously.

"Hunting." Jo replied easily. Jo's hunting abilities were the only thing Dean WInchster and Ellen Harvelle seemed to be able to agree on these days. Neither one of them wanted her to be a part of It. She wasn't taking no for an answer though.

"Yeah?" Dean mused softly, "And if we were, would it be working?"

"Hell no." The petite blonde replied.

"Didn't think so." He said, sighing a little.

"Want to help me unpack?" She asked, smirking a little.

"Sure. Why not?" Dean asked with a little sigh, shaking his head. Jo chuckled at him. She and Dean spent the next five hours or so unpacking. They joked and laughed and talked about everything, just like before. Nothing according to the Winchester anyway and that was just how Jo wanted it to stay. Dean finally decided to leave, Jo was near passing out. She changed quickly and slipped into the covers of her new bed and began to dream....
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, I was going to pair Ellen and Bobby together. But I just don't like them together. ROFL.