Status: active and excited!

Crazy Girl

Four

I became a regular in the Penguins locker room, even when I didn't have to report. Me and most of the team become fast friends. Ironically enough, Sidney took the longest to warm up to me. I suppose he felt odd that I had now become a regular visitor in the Pens locker room after the incident with the assumed stalking.

"Elliot!" Dustin Jeffrey cheered as I walked into the locker room. The guys were suiting up for practice. I walked over to Deej and sat beside him as he laced up his skates.

"Hey DJ," I greeted, giving him a hug. Me and DJ had gained a special bond. I don't know why or how, but somehow we just clicked.

"Someone's looking for you," he said in a low voice, making a show of looking around the room like he was trying to be inconspicuous. I rolled my eyes knowingly.

"Lemme guess," I said teasingly. "Could it be Jordan Staal?"

"Aww, are you talking about me, muffin?"

I groaned and turned to face the giant, grinning blonde man currently in question. I got up and stood to my full height at 5'4 feet tall, only coming up to his chest, and gave my most menacing glare, wagging my finger.

"Don't you dare harass me, Jordan Staal! I will not hesitate to bring out the big guns," I threatened. He visibly shrunk back.

"You wouldn't!"

"Oh, but I would, Mr. Staal," I smirked wickedly, turning to look into the hallway. "Oh Cookie...."

Matt Cooke stepped out and walked towards me, smiling. His smile faltered as he saw Jordan's comically frightened face. I had to do my best to not bust out laughing as Cookie cracked his knuckles menacingly.

"This guy giving you trouble, Elliot?" he asked. I couldn’t keep a straight face anymore and I just started cracking up. Jordan and Cookie immediately followed. DJ just shook his head at our antics.

"What's going on?" the authority in his voice alone made us stop laughing. The whole room quieted and looked to him. Yep. Sidney Crosby had just entered the locker room.

"Just a joke, Croz," I said quietly. He swallowed and turned away from us, heading to Bylsma's office. Gradually the noise came back into the locker room. I bit my lip and walked after Sidney.

"...I just don't get it! What the hell else can I do, Dan?" Sidney said in a low voice, grabbing at his hair in frustration. I knocked on the door lightly. They both turned to look at me, Dan with a smile and Sid with a glare.

"Could I talk to you Sidney?"

"Yeah." He said without emotion. We went to the equipment room. He looked at me expectantly. "Well?"

"I just wanted to say thank you, Sidney. I realize that me being here isn't your favorite thing but it's sort of my favorite thing. I mean these guys; they're honestly the best people I've ever met. My whole life has changed because I met you and I mean that in the best way possible."

He looked at me for a moment, just stood staring straight into my eyes. I couldn't decipher how he was feeling. Maybe angry? Embarrassed? Annoyed? Then his chin started quivering. He was.... crying. I hesitantly put my arms around him and he immediately returned the gesture, pulling me into his chest. I could feel the tears hit my shoulder. I rubbed his back, noticing the flutter in my stomach as he held me, but ignoring it.

"They're all scared of me! I'm like some disease they don't want to catch!" he wailed. I hugged him tighter, feeling myself start to tear up at the broken boy in my arms.

"They don't understand, Sid. They never will. Even if they all got concussions, their fall from glory just wouldn't be as far. You have a right to be upset and angry and bitter," I told him. He nodded against my shoulder. I pulled back from him and looked him in the eye. "But Sidney, at the same time, you have to realize, they lost their captain. They lost the man they look up to for leadership. They don't know how to act."

"They should. I'm their friend. Why does anything have to change? And all that shit about the 'C'? And that meeting? You know, Elliot, you saw the graffiti on my jersey. I miss them, but in some ways, I hate them."

I didn't know what to say, so I gathered him into my arms again. He pulled back this time, a grim smile adorning his otherwise adorable face.

"I guess this means we're friends now?" he asked. I smiled and shrugged. He laughed. "Friends with my stalker.... who would've thought."

We walked back into the locker room. The guys had since left for the ice, except a few. DJ was one of the ones still in the room. He looked up as I walked in.

He motioned me over. I turned to Sid, who's eyes were glued to the floor in the hopes no one would find out he had cried. "You've got to show them they do'’t have to be cautious around you. You've got to show them nothing has changed."

He looked at me with a smile and nodded. I walked over to Deej and sat beside him, putting my head on his shoulder.

"You know something?" I said quietly, staring at Sidney strike up a conversation with Chris Kunitz. He leaned his head on top of mine.

"What?"

"I think I'm falling in love with Sidney Crosby," I said. He didn't even move, or make a sound. "Is that too cliché?"

"No, Ell. I think, somehow, you fit together."

And I was happy. I had gone from the crazy girl to the shoulder to cry on. Somehow, I figured this wasn't the end of the ride for me and Sid. After all, it was Murphy's Law. Whatever could go wrong, would.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Sidney Crosby crying. Mostly because I could never see him doing it. (:
ANYYWAYYYS....
COMMENT!!

AND FOLLOW ME ON TUMBLR!

<3 Jenny