Drops of Jupiter

I'm Watching And Waiting

"Are you kidding me?" Taylor giggled, looking up from the paint drying on her toes.

"No, I'm not. He actually did that."

"It sounds like you've got quite the fiance."

"Ex-fiance," Cassie muttered, glaring at Taylor as she passed by my room, shutting the door after.

"I'm sorry...did I..say something?" She asked cluelessly, frowning.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "No, sorry. Don't mind her. She's just bitter about the move. Give her a few days; she'll warm up to everyone."

"I hope so," She laughed, standing up before looking at her pink-painted nails. She's just another bubblegum beauty queen. I don't like her, Val. She acts like a fucking barbie doll!. I smiled slighty at Cass's words, but thought nothing of them. She'd end up falling in love with her seeing as that Taylor was a total sweetheart.

"Are you sure that Caroline's okay with this?" I asked, looking at the blond in front of me.

"Caroline? How'd she get into the conversation?" Taylor smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I-I don't know..I-," I stuttered, blushing furiously at the way I was acting. I mean, everyone knew I was lesbian yet they had no problem with it. I honestly wasn't expecting everyone to be so..accepting further down south with the way church was enforced. But Taylor didn't have a problem with it; if anything, she was glad that I 'trusted' her enough to tell her.

"Lights...I'm just kidding. You know that, right?" She asked with a smile, leaning forward to place a hand on my knee. "I wont tell Carrie anything."

I blinked, tilting my head in confusion. "What are you..?"

"Babe, it's obvious you like her."

"I just..I just met her!" I defended, blushing an even darker shade of red.

"Right..So, if you don't like her, why are you blushing?"

"I'm going to go take a bath," I mumbled, grabbing a pair of cotton shorts and a cropped tee. I bit my lip as the door shut behind me, looking at the few doors taking up the second floor. I knew that there were two bathrooms upstairs along with the four bedrooms, but I didn't know which one was which.

I cursed before trying the one closest to my room, which was Taylor's room. Of course. "Need help with something...?"

I turned around to see Caroline there with a warm smile, in a pair of jean shorts, revealing her long and sunkissed legs. My thoughts wandered, and I found myself blushing yet again as she cleared her throat. "Um..yeah. Sorry. I just..needed the bathroom."

She laughed, and walked off in the other direction, leaving me to stand there like an idiot. "Lights? You coming?"

"Yeah, 'course," I called, mentally slapping myself. "And it's Val."

"I'll have to remember that..," She muttered, biting down on her lower lip almost nervously. "And here it is. Only three doors down. No pun intended, of course."

"Right. Thank you, by the way."

"Anytime."

I shut the door before turning the shower on, stepping inside. What was wrong with me? I just met the girl. She probably thinks I'm some kind of creep. Good job, Val. Good job.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehh..I felt like this chapter sucked.
Comments?