You're Not a Little Girl Anymore

three.

I stood frozen. Thousands of memories came flooding back. He made it. His dream came true. And he was doing amazing. He looked amazing. His smile was stunning, more than anything. He looked even better in the rain. Unless that was sweat, but I was guessing that he took a shower after the game.

I stayed silent, acting absentminded. It was as if I was in that damned temple-like building again.

"Hon, you know Tim Tebow?" June asked, tapping the heel of her boot onto the flooded pavement, her heel dampening even more. A look of surprise and amazement was mixed together.

"I don't know him." I said uneasily, swinging my index finger in the general area he stood.. I avoided eye contact, twisting my body slightly away from June. She never could read what a person was thinking through their facial expression but I didn't take any chances.

"Alex. Your parents haven't seen you in almost three years!" Tim said, walking towards me and grabbing my elbow. I yanked my arm from his grip. It wasn't that it was uncomfortable, but it was all too familiar.

"I don't know you. You've got the wrong girl."

"I know it's you." He sighed. He had given up on physical contact but I had a feeling he was trying out eye contact. I held still, my eyes glued to my feet.

His friends and teammates didn't make much of a move but I didn't think they had anything to say. Plus I could still hear June fawning over all of them.

My eyes slowly moved to his knees, my neck cramping uncomfortably. Eventually, he was patient enough to wait for me to look him in the eyes.

"Dammit, Alex. Where were you this entire time?" He muttered.

"It's a long story." I lied, trying my best to get him to not ask. I don't think it worked.

"We have all day."
♠ ♠ ♠
shit. i hope this story doesnt start getting all sappy and cheesy now.
i might even withdraw this if i start to hate it that much.

anyways, i started doing tim tebow gifs on the day! you can check the chapters before this. i editted it and put timmy gifs (:

when asked "sports car or pick up truck?" timmy says oh goodness. you're adorable, tim.