Status: Active as of right now! We will find time to update soon!:)

New Kid in School

Sing

The car ride to his house was quiet and unsettlingly awkward; all expect for the radio that blurred Pat Benatar’s Love is a Battlefield. I found myself tipping my fingers on the steering wheel to the upbeat music. This song was my favorite of all Pat’s songs. She had become one my favorite singers, because of my mother.

I remember when my mother and father were still together. She’d play Pat’s records constantly, and at a very young age, I remember mother and me dancing to the music. It didn’t matter if it was Pat. She’d try to teach me the dance steps that she taught her students at the Recreation Center in town, but I was no good at choreography. My mother loved to dance and sing, and I would do anything in the world to try and do the same. I wanted to make her proud.

But, that all changed when my parents separated.

I never saw my mother again. My father told me she wasn’t okay. That she was ill, and being young I believed him, until I found out the real reason for my mother’s absence.

“Earth to Rayne, honey, I asked you a question.” Kurt’s voice said breaking me out of my thoughts of mother. I was glad he did, because the more I think of her, the more I become depressed.

“What?” I asked, glancing over at him.

“Do you sing?”

“I do, but I am not much good at it. I enjoy it, though.”

“Can I hear you sing?” He persisted, making me blush nervously.

“I-I’m not really that good. Seriously, you’re not missing anything.” Like I was telling, Artie I am not the musical one. Jade is and how, I wished I could have as much courage as her. “Anyway, my sister, Jade is the one you should hear.”

“Jade?”

“Kelley, Jade Kelley, we are stepsisters, you see, and-

“You mean Vocal Adrenaline’s Jade?” He asked mouth wide open and eyes wide in surprise

“Yeah, we had to move here, because my dad got a new job. Jade hates it here. She hated leaving her boyfriend, Jesse.”

“You mean the Jesse St. Sucks?”

I nodded, laughing at the cute nickname for that twat, who always seemed to have made my life a living hell at Carmen High. Jesse always seemed like bad news to me, which made it all the more tempting for Jade. She looked bad boys.

“So, let’s see if the stepsister of Jade Kelley is a better singer?” Kurt asked, smirking.

“I-I-Hey, is that your house?” I asked, trying to distract him as I slowed down at the house he had described to me before we left the school.

“Looks like it is,” he sighed seeing that I had won.

Once, the car was parked at the curb of his home, he gathered his man purse. He opened the door to the Volkswagen Beetle and got out, but not before saying, “Thanks for the ride. Maybe next time, I’ll get you to sing for me. It’d be great to have more people in glee club.”

He must know Artie, I thought as we walked up the stone walkway. Kurt turned and waved goodbye as I cranked up the engine to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!:)