Thinking Of You

If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

Garrett and I didn't even bother putting on clothes last night. If the guys came in and they saw us laying there, they saw us. They should have minded their own business for a few hours. As I laid in Garrett's arms, sheets wrapping our bare bodies, I made circles on his chest with the tip of my index fingers. He opened his eyes and looked down at me with a smile, and kissed my head. 
"I love you." he said, and I leaned up and kisses him.
"I love you more." I stated and he just buried his red face into my neck.

"Garrett..." I said, my eyes growing big as I laid my hands on his waist a few minutes later.
"Hmm?" he asked, looking up at me.
"You... You didn't... You didn't use a condom last night..." I whispered, and his eyes grew wide and his jaw dropped.
"Oh, God, no," he said, so quietly it was almost inaudible. 
"I'm on birth control."
"Birth control doesn't always work, Krys," he said, clearly upset.
"Stop freaking out. I'm not gonna get--"
"Don't say it. Please, please, don't say it."
"Would you leave me if I was?"
"No! Of course not!"

"Then why are you making a big deal out of it? I'm not, and I won't be."
"I'm just... I don't know. I already got a girl pregnant, I don't need to get you pregnant. I can't imagine having a family yet. I can't imagine you having a big belly with a baby that I helped make growing inside of you. It's not... I'm only seventeen. I'm not ready yet. I still have my entire life ahead of me."
"So do I! But, Garrett, baby, nothing's gonna happen. I'm not pregnant. I'm not gonna be pregnant a week from now, or weeks after that."
"I... I... I c-came inside of you, though."
"So? No baby. No baby, Gare. Everything's gonna be alright." I said quietly, grabbing his hands. 

"You have bruises all over you," Garrett said, changing the subject as he ran his fingers along my shoulders.
"So do you," I chuckled, and he smiled.
"Last night was amazing," he said, burying his face back into my neck. He kissed it a couple times, then licked it. I grabbed the back of his head, tangling my fingers in his hair, while the other was on his shoulder. He squeezed our bodies closer together, moving his lips down to my chest, then to my breasts. 

"Garrett," I moaned, and he pulled back, leaving a number of new bruises. 
"What, did you brand me?" I asked with a chuckle, and he grinned.
"Maybe..." he said, then started laughing.
"I'm kidding, babe. You're as free as a bird. No one owns you."
"You own me. And I own you." I said, running my finger tips lightly along his chest. 
"You wanna play like that, huh?" he asked, giving a devilish grin, and he crawled on top of me, planting his sweet kisses all over my body. I giggled and gently smacked at his chest.

"We should probably go get in the shower," I said, and he rolled off of me and nodded. I stood, wrapping myself in one of the sheets and headed to the bathroom. 

I turned on and adjusted the water, then let the sheet drop as I got in. Garrett came in a couple minutes later, and we shared the shower. 

When we finished, I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a tee shirt and button up shirt, while Garrett dressed in a pair of jeans and a nice button up shirt. This boy put my looks to shame. 
"You're so beautiful," he said as he pulled me into his chest. 
"Compared to you, I'm one ugly bitch," I said and we laughed. 
"Well, to me, you're the most beautiful person to walk this Earth." he said, and I smiled, my cheeks turning red. I kissed him, then turned and walked out of the bathroom. Garrett quickly pulled me back inside and closed the door.

"What?" I asked, and he pulled some of my hair in front of me.
"Your bruises are showing," he said, and I turned towards the mirror and fixed my hair, covering the bruises.
"Don't you have any make up to cover it up?"
"No, I don't use all that cover up crap... I have some stuff that takes redness away, but that's it. I'll see if it works..." I said, then pulled my make up bag from under the sink. I rummaged through it, then pulled out the make up. I squeezed a little on my finger and rubbed it on my bruises. It took some of the color away, by they were still visible. I groaned, then fixed my hair over them.  

"How sore are you?" he asked, putting his hands on my hips and pulling me close to his chest.
"My hips hurt, and my arms, but that's it... You?"
"My back was bleeding." he stated and I laughed, then kissed him.
"Sorry..."
"And my shoulder is black, but you know, whatever." he chuckled, then planted another kiss on my lips. 
"I love you."
"I love you, too." I smiled, and he linked his fingers with mine. 

We went downstairs and sat down on the couch as John and Kennedy walked downstairs.
"Hey, you guys are up late," I said, and they shrugged. They went into the kitchen and started looking around for food.

"What do you wanna do today?" I asked as they came and sat on the couch.
"Pack and leave." Kennedy said, and I looked down.
"Oh... Are we going camping?"
"Yeah, we're gonna go to Colorado and camp up in the mountains for a couple days before heading back to Arizona." John said, taking a sip of his orange juice and sitting back on the couch. 
"Really? That's cool," I said with a smile, and they nodded.
"Are we gonna have tents or cabins?"
"Tents, because we're gonna be in the actual woods. No one goes up to camp where we're going."
"Isn't that a little dangerous?"
"Nope."
"John, seriously."
"Everything's gonna be fine, Krys, calm down."

After all the boys had come down and eaten, we all went upstairs and packed.
"We're gonna leave tomorrow morning, so we can see grandma tonight and say goodbye, then we're gonna go camping in Colorado, and when we get back to Arizona, you're moving in with Garrett, and I'm moving in with John."
"What?" I exclaimed, and he nodded.
"But we've always lived with each other, always had each others back. I thought you would always be there to protect me?" I said, and he sighed.

"Krysten, you have Garrett to protect you now. And I'll just be right down the street. We're still gonna see each other every day. We're growing up, Krys, and I won't always be right by your side, but I'll always be there for you. Even when we do split up and won't be able to see each other that often, you'll always be able to call me and I'll be there." he said, and I looked down and nodded. He kissed my head.
"I'll always be there for you. We gotta grow up sometime, Krys." 

I turned to Garrett and wrapped my arms around his waist, laying my head on his chest.
"You better treat her good if she's gonna be living with you. I know you two have had drama problems in the past, but that better not happen anymore." Kennedy said, and Garrett nodded.
"And also, please just... Don't get pregnant. Not yet. Until you're older and ready and have enough money to support the baby in a good, steady home."
"We're not planning on that any time soon." Garrett said quickly, barely letting Kenny finish his sentence. 

"We're gonna go pack now," I mumbled, grabbing Garrett's shirt and yanking him along with me. 

****

"Grandma, we're leaving tomorrow morning." Kennedy said, and she frowned, then sighed and nodded.
"Alright. It was nice finally having someone live with me again, but that's okay. You guys have fun back in Arizona." she said, looking over at me. I smiled, then nodded. 

We ate dinner, then went upstairs to get some sleep before the long three, maybe four day drive ahead of us tomorrow. I laid down next to Garrett and kissed him.
"Will you sing me to sleep?" I asked, and he smiled.
"I sing you to sleep a lot, why don't you sing me to sleep tonight?" he asked and I chuckled, then laid my head on his chest.

"Forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side..." I sang, drawing circles on his chest with my finger tip. I finished the He is We song, and he smiled. He grabbed my hand that was drawing circles on his his chest, and rubbed the back of it with his thumb as he sang Sound of Fire by This Century. I soon fell asleep to his voice, his warm arms and the beat of his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Plant Life - Owl City

Plant Life is probably my favorite song from Adam because it reminds me of a waltz. I adore his exotic writing style. He's so perf.

Thanks for reading, you know where comments go!