Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Fourteen

I held Gerard tight. I am really overjoyed that Katie just got told. Alas, there are way too many Katies, and Gerard was going to fall for one sooner or later. I sighed, Frank's fangirl comments in the background.

"FRANK.." Gerard said warningly.
"What, Gerard?" He laughed. "'Fraid I'll steal your girlfriend?" Gerard got red-faced. Suddenly, My face got really hot, and my heart raced.
"Shut the fuck up Frank!" He was really steamed. Why was I mad that he didn't like me? I mean he is ten years older than me. Then again, my dad is twelve years older than my mom... NO! I MUST PUSH THIS AWAY!! ARGH!

"Uh..Kaitlyn?" Gerard asked, his eyes shining quizzically.
"Yeah?" I answered.
"Why are you all tense?"
"I-" I was interrupted by the bell ringing. Shit. I wanted to tell him that I liked him...

WHOA. Did I just say I LIKE Gerard Way? The same thing that millions of fangirls say worldwide?!?! But...I can't like him!? But I do.... NO!! NO! NO! NO! This is really weird. REALLY. If It's not LIKE, then what is it? Friendship? I am just confusing the shit out of myself. And It really is pissing me off.
*************************************************************************************************
School ended. And It ended with a hug from Gerard. I liked him. I am not going to lie any longer. I do. Well, er, he doesn't like me back, I don't think, but it's like nonetheless. Ray, Mikey, Frank, Taylor and Bob were playing PS2 in my living room.

"Hey dudes!" Frank yelled. "Let's play Dance Dance revolution!"
"Yeah!" Various people laughed at different times.
This was going to be good. Hilarious.
"Let's play the singing game next!" Bob suggested.
"You mean SingStar?" Suz piped in.
"yeah." Bob nodded.
"I call Guitar Hero II!!" Ray shouted.
"It's on Froman!" Frank jeered.

Frankie plugged in the dance mat, and started. He fumbled around on the mat for a bit, then got the hang of it. Every move made the ground shudder.

"FRANK! You'll break the mat!" Ray yelled cautiously. I stepped on.
"Move it, Fucktards! Let's show you how it's done." I danced flawlessly to the song "Crazy in Love" by Beyonce (Face it. It's DDR. It's not gonna have MCR on it.)

"SingStar time!" Frank screamed. Gerard stood up.
"Okay, bitches." He said, pointing no where. "Here's how it's gonna work. I am the Lead singer of My Chemical Romance. So I go first. Then the rest of MCR. Kaitlyn will go last. Then, the two with the highest scores can sing a duet, then go against each other."
Gerard's instructions were good, so we followed them.

Gee stood up, held the red mic up to his lips, and selected 'Speed of Sound' by Coldplay. A very strange choice for Gerard Way. He sung it perfectly, outdoing Coldplay two-hundred fold. He even made a show of it. I thought it was beautiful. Frank even shut up. (a rarity.)
Gerard's score came up. It said: Superstar! He was one point away from a perfect score.

Frank was being goofy. He chose 'Sweet Home Alabama' and scored a novice placement. He was pretty good. Except for the fact that he absentmindedly played air guitar. We all laughed at his bad score. He ended with a simple: "I rock Bitches!!" and sat on the couch.

Ray and Bob decided to compete against each other. Ray was now in Second Place. He said so by saying: "Who rocks NOW Frankie?!" Bob just sat down. Good ol' Bob Bryar. Mikey and Taylor sang against each other and now Taylor and Ray were tied for second. They played a quick round for good measures, which Ray won. Barely. Suz just sang, but she was average, and was in third now. Frank was pouting over the strawberry poptarts he just stole.

It was my turn. I selected KT Tunstall, and Gave it my all. I sang, until my lungs gave out. I just closed my eyes, and thought about all of the wrongs done for me and what a miracle was standing behind me, and how it feels to be alone, and rejected. I sighed. Time to look at my sucky score. I caught Gerard's stare. He looked bewildered.
"It was that bad huh?" I asked him.
"No- It was-" His sweet voice was cut off by the beeping of my score.

I had beaten Gerard Way by one point.

"M'kay, Kaitlyn. It's just you and me now." Gee's eyes narrowed in comical pretense. I selected the song 'Dance Dance' By Fall Out Boy as the duet. I liked that song.
Gerard and I got WAY (hee hee) into it. We were all over the place, and knocking shit everywhere. On our duet, we got a perfect score.

Next, we did 'It's Friday, I'm in Love' by the Cure, as The vote of the audience suggested. I have to admit it sounded amazing. Now, was the rematch.

Let me put it simply: Gerard won. Yeah, by ONE FUCKING POINT!

And the day came to a close, with Frank and Ray battling it out on Guitar Hero II. Damn! Those boys were fighting to the death! Frank won. Only because Ray was playing it like a real guitar and Frank was playing a videogame.

"The fucking thing isn't even like guitar!" Ray said, mad. There was a light in the driveway. The bus had come back, and that ment I get my room to myself!! YAY! Although, I will miss the boys sleeping on my floor, that was pretty funny. Gerard walked up to me. The red numbers on my clock said 11:45 AM. Luckily, It was a Friday.

"Hi." He smiled. This was one of the few times Gee and I were alone.
"Hey."
"I was wondering. About what you said earlier.." I blushed.
"It was nothing, really." His face fell.
"Would you mind if I spent another night in here?" NO! I WOULD NOT MIND!
"Nah, It's okay."
"Good, because the guys confiscated the PS2 and Guitar Hero, and It's gonna be an all-nighter. I wanted to sleep." Now it was MY face's turn to fall.
"Yeah."

I pulled out the trundle, and Gerard sat on my actual bed. He patted a spot next to him and I sat. He turned on the TV and put his arm around me. MTV came on. We were laughing at a Girl who was bitchin' out this taxi driver in NYC, when I suddenly fell asleep.

Gerard's arm still around me. I could tell by his breathing that he was asleep too. I didn't move. And I wasn't uncomfortable.

******NOTE: NOTHING PERVY HAPPENS HERE SO IF YOU THINK IT DOES, FUCK OFF. NOTHING PERVY WILL HAPPEN IN THIS STORY. SO DONT SAY THAT IT IS A ROMANCE. IT IS, BUT THAT IS NOT THE MAIN CONCEPT! SORRY TO DISSAPOINT. NOT ALL FANFICS ARE ABOUT FALSE LOVE******