Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Twenty-Three

~*FF Two Weeks*~
~Kaitlyn's POV~

Finally! I get to leave this fucking hospital! Gerard smiled at my insanity. It was really funny, when I'd wake up from all the fucking painkillers, I'd see him by my side, or on the couch, and when he wasn't there, I'd hear the toilet flush, and know he was in the bathroom.

Alas, I just can't get Bethany's words out of my head. They wouldn't go away, and they always left me with a bunch of questions. Like, "He's the one for you Katerard."
The One? That sounds soooo out of a teen movie! I mean, the one? I know it's probably true though. I mean, I love the man with all of my beating heart, but the one? That's rather serious. My thoughts were interrupted when Gerard spoke.

"Kate, Bethany's funeral's tomorrow? Are you feeling up to going?"

"Duh, I wanna flip that motherfucking son of a bitch off though. I don't know. She'd want me there, and after, we could, ahem, take to the highway."

"Sounds good to me. I hate funerals, and even more, the afterparties."

"True." I laughed, meloncholily.

"Yeah."

It was about three days after a was released from the hospital, and I felt so trapped in there, I was enjoying my freedom to the highest extent. Right now, I was just taking a peaceful stroll by the pond with Gerard.

"I miss talking." I smiled at his face.

"I bet. Maybe we could all go out to dinner, tonight? I think your parent's wouldn't mind, now that they're on thier honeymoon."

"Yeah, thier honeymoon." I muffled.

"What's wrong, dearie?"

"Ah, nothin'. I just, you know, miss Bethany, and I want to get away from this horrid place. I want to go to Jersey, with you guys, and meet everyone. Now that I've been introduced to this world of yours I never want to leave. It's weird."

"It's like you're a different person, right?"

"Yeah, sorta."

"Something is haunting you. I can sense it."
Damn! The boy was psychic too!

"Uh yeah. The thing that Bethany said-"

"About me being the one?" He askes.

"Erm, yeah. That. I don't know, like, if it's my mind being mean, or not."

"Your mind, I assure you, Is not being mean."

"I suppose not."

There was an awkward silence. Which was broken, by him pulling me into a deep kiss. I pushed in harder, desiring him, ever so much.

"Damn, I missed that!" He breathed, coming up from the embrace we both shared.

"Yeah, Gee."

"Yeah what?"

"You are the one."

"You're mine. No one else's."

"Glad for that. Now I, on the other hand, have to share you, with like, a zillion people!!"

"Heh heh." He laughed nervously.
x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x
The Next Day:

"Wake up!" Gerard yelled into my ear.

"What the fuck, Gee?!"

"The funeral!" He shouted.

"Fuck." I muttered, stumbling out of my bed. "Get out, for a sec, so I can change!"

"Fine, Fine." He smiled, backing away.

I pulled on a wrap-around strapless gown, in black, my Kenneth Cole shoes, and raked a brush through my blonde hair. I emerged. Gasps erupted.

"How many fucking dresses do you own?!" Frank gasped.

"Never mind that, just get in the car!"

Deja Vu.

{A/N: Sorry it's so short, I have to eat dinner. Funeral next, though, and the car trip. WRITER'S BLOCK HAS ENDED!! So, yeah, keep in tune!!}