Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Seven

The fangirls came. And came. And came. I felt bad for Gerard, who said his hand was cramping before he even got onstage. Since Gerard's been so busy smiling a fake smile at thousands of fangirls, I resorted to talking to Mikey until he was done.

"Gee hates Fangirls." Mikey said, glancing at Gerard who was grimacing intently. Frank and Taylor were still talking. They are already the best of friends. Well, I've personally known the guys for what? Eight hours? Who gives a fuck? I feel like I've known them my whole life.

"Everybody hates fangirls, Mikey." Ray piped in, his hair doing its special dance on top of his head.
"Duh, Ray" I said. Ray was talking about a time when two fangirls jumped him, when the MCR boys' bodyguard, Worm, was shooing the crazed fans away.

"WE LOVE YOU GERARD!!" They shouted. Gerard rolled his eyes.
"God Gee!" Frank loudly stated. "You look like shit."
"Thanks Frank." Gerard replied, dryly.

There was a chant coming from the domed arena.
"MCR!"
"MCR!"
"MCR!"

Gerard spoke. "Let's go boys." He giggled at Frank. "And girls." Taylor and I smiled. Frank didn't. "Hey! Was that directed for me?!"
"Maybe." Gerard smirked as he walked onstage and gave it his all.

The concert was amazing. Every song, played to perfection. They even got to smash a guitar, much to Frank's satisfaction. It was the first time 'Cancer' had made me cry.

I pulled Gerard aside after the show.
"Okay." I said. "How the fuck do you know me."
Gerard gathered around his bandmates on the shitty couch backstage. He started.

"When you went to preschool, well, "Sandhills Alliance Developmental Preschool" to be exact," My eyes widened. He knew where I went to preschool. How?
"The fire seminar. Well, I was a fucked up cartoonist visiting North Carolina for a animation place, and i saw the sign. What I saw was important. I saw two kids, pushing you around. They took your dog and ran with it. It made me real upset. Why? Hell, now, I'm not even sure why. But, you went over to go to the tire swing, and they denied you. They shunned you. And it pissed me off."

"Anyway, when I went into the fire seminary thingy, I saw you raise your hand to volunteer for that suit thing, and everyone called you a freak. Chanting it. You were fucking three! And treated like horse shit! It's not fair! I wanted to hug you, but it'd seem sorta creepy! A FREAK! How! You didn't deserve it! You were, so brave! and, I, well, you sorta are my hero. Well, a minor part of my inspiration! So yeah. There. That's how I know you."

I was stunned. Gerard Way KNEW me! And Inspiration! Wow! In preschool. Miracles do happen. This was one. I was sure of it. I hugged Gerard. Soon, everyone joined.
"So..." I said.
"So what?" Frank asked.
"Is it safe to say that I am a friend of MCR?"
"Yeah." Frank announced
"Yep." Ray, agreed.
"Oh yeah." Bob nodded.
"Yuppers." Mikey smiled.
"Definately." Gerard finalized.

"Now..." Frank started.
"What are we going to do with this fucking pansy who cries over preschool girls?!"
Taylor and I laughed. the boys dogpiled.
"Okay boys. Breakup the love fest!" Taylor said.
"Fuck you." Bob argued.

"Hey Gee!" Taylor yelled.
"WHAT?" Gerard and I answered at the same time.
"Uh..Sorry, Kaitlyn. I've been calling Kaitlyn Gee ever since the seventh grade. It's a nickname." Taylor explained.
"I like it." Said Gerard.
"Shuttup Gerard." Said I.

God, this felt so right.