Sequel: The Fire Within
Status: Calm your tits... I'm trying to update!

Closer to the Edge

Chapter 17: Comin' outta my cage and I've been doing just fine.

Frank's POV 

I had fallen asleep in Gerard's arms to be awoken twenty minutes later by my house's front door slamming. I snapped up trying to get out of Gerard's arms. 

Gerard peaked out of his eye that wasn't covered by my pillow. I pushed my finger to my lips before getting out of my bed and throwing on my boxers and pants. I threw  on a random shirt before opening my door softly  letting it creak. 

"Oh there you are Frankie, I thought you had done run away." My mom sweetly said across the hall. I shook my head, where in the fuck would I go? I asked myself. 

"Well since everyone's gone, you wanna take Mikey or someone to dinner with us?" She poked my nose. I pressed my hands to the side of the door.

"Can I take Gerard?" I asked, knowing my mom didn't like him. 

"You know what I think about him. He looks like nothing but trouble." She said. 

"Mom you know nothing about him! He's sweet, he acts like I'm not even gonna die, and he even knows I'm dying!" I argued. "Mom, I love him." I let the words slip out of my lips like vomit.
 
"Did he pressure you into anything? Is he the one that raped you? Huh? Is he making you say this?" She started asking all of the questions at once.

"Mom, no! He hasn't, I really do mama." I said squeezing my eyes shut. "What about the time you were gone? He was there for me. I became sick and he took care of me. Mom I love him with all of my heart." I honestly said. 

She rolled her eyes, "okay you can take him. But he does something wrong he isn't allowed in my house ever again." I opened my door and I hugged my mom, but instantly regretted it. 

"Frank why is he in your bed?" She snapped. "And why the fuck is he naked?" I backed away and I let my chest squeezed as my mom glared at Gerard. "Did you fuck that?" 

"He is naked, and we did make love." I stated, damn I grew some balls in just a matter of seconds. My mom back handed me making me fall to the ground. I grabbed my cheek and I let the tears pool in my eyes. Gerard jumped out of my bed fully clothed. He dropped on his knees next to me. The world became quite fuzzy after that. The last thing I remember before blacking out was my mom's apologetic face.

---

Gerard's POV

"You knocked him out." I practically growled at Frank's mom. I pulled Frank to my chest as I cradled him in my lap. 

"You took his purity." She snapped at me. "He's dying and you took his purity." 

"I'm more pure than you think." I mumbled kissing Frank's head. 

"Oh so that's why you dated Bert. Oh did I bring up some of your bad past." She asked in a fake sympathy filled voice. I clutched Frank to my chest.  I felt my wings itching at my back. I knew it was the time of the month were they were supposed to come out but usually I could hold them off till night. Usually. I felt the skin on my back start to rip and my shirt fell off. I was used to the pain when they came out but today they hurt like fuck.

"Fuck!" I screamed.

Frank's mom gasped backing out of the door way. Soon the pain was gone and my wings were out on display. I let Frank drop out of my arms and fall on my lap. Tears ran down my face and Frank's mom let out a screech. 

"W-What are you?" She shakily asked.

"I-I'm an angel." I whimpered out in pain. I felt warm liquid seep out of my wounds my eyes widened. I've had pain but never have I bled. I cringed in pain as I picked up Frank and I sat him down on the bed. I could feel the wounds in my back heal and my wings spreading out, stretching from their cave.

I walked out of his room, shutting the door behind me. 

---

Franks mom had pulled me into the living room and she sat me down. Currently she was making coffee for us. I ran my hand through my hair as she walked in the room holding two coffee mugs in her hand. She handed me one before sitting down across from me in the chair with Frank's dad standing in the corner of the room. 

"So, an angel?" She asked taking a sip of her coffee. I nodded before sitting the glass down in front of me. 

"I'm fallen, obviously." I said biting my bottom lip. "But when I was in heaven I didn't find my original love... And well god noticed and sent me back down. He wanted me to be happy." I said with a smile on my face. A tear ran down my cheek and I wiped it away. "In my hundred years... I've never felt so happy." I said. "Linda believe me when I say this. I really do love your son."

She took a sip of her coffee and she sat the cup down on the table.  "If you love him, you'll heal him and keep him alive." She honestly. 

"I'm trying! It's been over a hundred years since I made my little brother immortal. I forgot how I even did it!" I squinted pinching the bridge of my nose. "I love him so much... And he's dying!" 

"Gee?" Frank's sweet voice asked. I turned my head to where he was at my face softened and I let my tears dry. He walked over to me and he sat in my lap. He pressed his lips to mine and I laced my fingers with his. 

"Can I please stay at your house tonight?" He asked quietly. I nodded my head. Frank's dad coughed making us both snap our heads in his direction.  

"Well I don't think Frank should be sleeping at someone's house tonight." His dad said. "I think I need to have a little talk with Gerard here." I nodded my head pressing my lips to Frank's once more before standing up, sitting Frank comfortably on the couch. 

I followed Frank's dad outside, as soon as I passed the threshold onto the deck outside, his dad decked me on the chin. My hands flew to my face and I felt blood spill out of my mouth. I spit the blood out of my mouth and I wiped my chin.  

"What the hell?" I asked. 

"Angel my ass!" He shouted punching me one more time. "Angels have white wings! Stay the fuck away from my son or I'll kill you." He said before kicking me down the stairs of the deck making me land on my wings. He walked into the house and he slammed the door shut. 

I tried moving but I let out a scream of pain. I reached for my phone in my pocket and I pressed the number one button. I shakily brought my phone to my ear and I let the phone ring. 

"Hello?" Mikey's voice asked on the other line.

"Help... me." I cried out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a while to update!
But well I updated now didn't I? I gots a new phone, I got it for my birthday... Which just so happened to be the day I updated last.
Idk I've been trying to work it out...
It's the 4s it's amazing!
Title credit: Mr. Brightside by the killers