Sequel: The Fire Within
Status: Calm your tits... I'm trying to update!

Closer to the Edge

Chapter 8: Nothing will be what it is, Because everything will be what it isn't

Frank's POV

When my mom had gone home in the afternoon. I was starting to get bored of watching some stupid drama show. I could feel my eyes drooping once more. When I was almost asleep my room door opened and my head snapped up. In walked Gerard who looked like nothing had happened to him. And he looked at me with a questioning look. I was giving him the same look, his once beaten up face was now flawless...

"What happened to you?" Gerard asked sitting on the cushioned plastic chair.

"I can ask the same question." I said. 

"I don't know what the fuck happened to me. All I know is that this mornin' Mikey woke me up utterly shocked by my appearance, then he told me you were in the hospital. I decided to come see you 'cause it's only right to do so... Really what happened?" He asked.

"I don't really know... I remember not feeling good when I went home... But around twelve at night my lower back started to hurt and well... I ended up here... They told me I was raped, but I'm a virgin, I think." I muttered the last two words. 

"Oh..." He muttered. The room became quiet and he grabbed my hand. "Well I have to go Frank. Are you gonna be home tomorrow?" He asked patting my hand.

"I think so, unless they wanna keep me tonight again." I said. 

"Okay then... I'll see you tomorrow." He said smiling. He got to his feet and he leaned down and hugged me. It was awkward but it was still meaningful. 

"Bye." He said while walking out of the room.

"Bye Gerard." I said before the door closed.

---

It was now Monday and I was limping my way down the hallway to my class. My ass felt as if it were on fire as I walked to my class. Gerard had visited me yesterday and we watched a movie together. I ended up finding a comfortable spot, it being on Gerard's lap, and I fell asleep.

From what my mom had told me, he had to, and she had picture evidence. But then she started bawling like a baby, crying about how she's gonna lose her baby in just a few months. Then when she had calmed down, she started up again, and instead of tears, she ended up with snot running out of her nose and her face turning red. And through her cries she, cried about how I wouldn't get to fall in love. My dad even had started tearing up. 

Let's just say my parents had ended up abandoning their dinner and leaving to their room. Which to say made the rest of my Sunday a fucking guilt trip. 

If I wasn't gonna die, my parents wouldn't have split the day I found out about my cancer. I probably would still be with Bob. I probably wouldn't be a virgin? 

Yeah I'm still questioning about it. Did I get raped? Good fucking question. 

But what was funny I'm a light sleeper. And they said there were no drugs but my medicine. And I didn't take enough to be dead like. So I'm still wondering what had happened. 

And then I felt guiltier for leaving my parents who seemed broke that their only son was dying. I wouldn't felt guilty for leaving Bob and Ray. And fuck, I feel worse that I'm lying to Gerard and Mikey about my condition just so I could feel like I wasn't dying...

But that's the thing... In six months. I will die, and there is no turning time back. But then again, did I wanna tell them now? No. Why? Because I want to have holidays with people that don't have sympathy for me. I've told my parents to not get me anything for my birthday or Christmas cause what'd be the point? I'd be dead in months. My mom had set up a giant get together with all of my family for Thanksgiving seeing as that's better than Christmas time seeing as snow is bad around here and we can't really go anywhere. 

Wow... How long have I been thinking?

I limped into the classroom and Mikey was sitting on the floor next to my empty desk. Everyone's head turned to me even the teachers as she held the expo marker to the board in mid-sentence.

Shit... Someone told.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Her Name Is Alice by Shinedown...
<3
Comment I promise I will post tomorrow.....
^_^
you'll love it...
Tehe...
I'm gonna be a mindfuck for a while.
cause no one but Gerard knows it...
(my co-writer duh)
And well he can't tell you cause I know some stuff about Sewn In Heart no one else knows...
:P also...
If you guys comment next chapter will have some major linkage for some stories that I think need to be praised as much as this one...
Oh yeah...
If you Read Raised by The wolves....
I'm gonna try and get a double hit tomorrow....