Hate Amongst the Labels

I'm not Cheap

Taylor's POV

We walk back into the auditorium and my eyes sweep place. My gaze sticks on the little emo girl Danielle's curious face. I give a triumphant smile and her eyes widen.
I walk back over to where she is, still in my towel and plop down next to her.

"You guys didn't." She says

"I did all the fucking work." Kev's voice comes from the edge of the stage where he's drying his hair with a towel.

"You chose to do the word pretty boy!" I call back.

I turn to Danielle and whisper: "I rocked his fucking world. He just won't admit it."

She can't help but give me a small smile.

Danielle's POV

Gross.

"I'm never showering in the locker room ever. fucking. again. Thanks guys." I say.

The Taylor Bitch looks at me.

"How do you know we did it in the girl's locker room?"

"Everyone knows you'd get herpes or something in the guys." I say totally serious. She busts out laughing.

"What!?"

"Don't worry about it." She says and gets up and walks away.

Tish's POV

I see the Devin kid squirm out from behind a clothes rack. I raise my eyebrow.

"Nice hair." I mention.

"Thank you. My mommy cuts it for me." He says with a big grin on his face as he pats it down totally unashamed.

It takes almost everything I have not to start cracking up. I hope my kid doesn't turn out like this goober wadd.

"So, you're Taylor's brother?" I ask, tryin to sound as casual as possible.

"Sadly." He sighs as he plumps himself down still a good 2 feet away from me.

"Wow, must be hell. Aren't you older than her?"

"Yea, but she's more violent." He adds

"Why do you think that is?" I feel like I'm entarrogating him.

"I don't know. Why are u so interested in her?" He asks finally.

Crap.

"I don't know. Just wonderin' what the fuel behind her fire was." I hope that did it.

"Oh." He says looking at the floor.

"Hey, let's play a game. It's called the question game. You ask me a question and I'll ask you one, and no matter what you have to answer it." I say hoping to "lighten the mood".

His face lights up and he excitedly says "Okay! Me first! Uhh... What's your favorite color?"

Favorite...color... "Purple." I say.

"Ok. My Turn. Do you have any embarrassing stories about Taylor?" I ask. Juicy hopefully.

He thinks about it for a good 3 minutes until finally he looks at me and says. "I'm not supposed to tell this one."

I scootch closer to him and say "Aww, but I thought we were friends." I feel so bad manipulating the poor boy.

"Okay." He smiles. "But don't tell anyone." I smile at his words and nod.

"Alright. Well one time we were about to fly to California on vacation and Taylor got to bring her boyfriend at the time, and sometimes Taylor gets sick if she has fish before we get on the plane and we stopped at this Asian restaurant on our way to our gate and ordered some lunch. Taylor had too much sushi, I guess and when we got on the plane I was sitting next to her and her boyfriend and right when we reached the safe-to-use-electronics-height she upchucked right into her boyfriends lap." He smiled at the memory.

I immediately doubled over in laughter. Sushi? Oh my God that's too funny. I wonder if this boyfriend still attends this wonderful highschool. It wasn't too juicy but what can you expect from a momma's boy? Nothing higher of just embarrassment.

Just as I'm about to ask the boyfriends name I hear someone stomping back here...in their bare feet?

Ohh look it's Mrs. Bitch herself. She rips the curtains to the side and her eyes narrow when she sees me and her brother.

"Get lost, Devin." She barks and he jumps up and runs off.

"Youre brother is quite an interesting kid." I mention.

"You're tellin' me. I need some clothes to wear home tomorrow whore, I went to take a shower and mine got soaked on the fucking floor." She tells me. I knew she'd need something from me eventually.

I sigh. "What are you gunna do for me?"

"I'll get them drycleaned and give em' back Monday. I'm sure that's an experience you've never had." Clever Bitch, but sadly that's true. I'm lucky if I don't wear the same pair of shorts for 3 weeks before they get washed and dried in the backyard.

"Fine." I get myself up and lead her over to my bag where I hand her a blue v-neck tshirt and a pair of jean shorts. She wrinkles her nose but takes them.

"Thanks." She states and stalks away to her stuff.

Kev and the emo chick look like they're deep into some weird conversation. I look over at them and catch her eye making Kev turn around to see what she's looking at. I quickly turn away and fold my stuff back up. God, who made up the idea of over night dentention? This is gunna be absolute hell.

Kev's POV

I look over to see what Danielle's looking at only to meet eyes with Tish. Her eye's quickly dart away and as she walks away my heart breaks all over again. I feel like crying, but I don't. I feel like screaming, but I don't. Is shouldn't have fucked that Taylor chick, but I did. It's like Tish is walking away from me all over again.

"You love her don't you?" Danielle asks me.

I whip my head back around shocked by the words that came outta her mouth.

"What?" Is all I can manage. How could she know that?

"I'm a really observant person, Kevin. All I do is watch. I know what's being thought behind that kind of stare. I'm not stupid. I'm just quiet." She states picking at loose threads on the hem of her t-shirt.

This girl isn't as weird and scary as I thought. Just misunderstood. Like the rest of us here. We all just take it different.

"You're right. I do love her, but she's moved on. So I gotta do the same." I turn around again to stare at her retreating figure, and watch her slip behind the curtains on the stage.

"Maybe you should tell her that. You might be surprised." She looks up at me.

"She has a fucking child. A fucking boyfriend. I think she's definately moved on." How the hell would she know anyways?

She looks a little taken back by my tone and her eyes dart back to her hem picking.

"Just trying to help. But, what do I know anyways?" She smirks like she just said some kind of hilarious insdie joke and I stare at her for a few seconds before getting up and stomping away.

I'm so fucking lost.

Devin's POV

I walk over to get my camera so I can do my report. I look at the clock; 8:30. Time is going by really slow tonight.

I walk over to the back corner of the auditorium so no one can see me.

What did I do? Ohh, yes. I remember.

I look at the instructions that are on the camera and mumble them to myself.

"Okay, then. Sounds easy enough."

I press the record button and fumble around until it's facing me.

"Uhm well this is me recording my project for um, detention. The thing that I did wrong was cause a chemical reaction in science class. All I did was mix the chemicals like the instructions said and-" The camera slipped from my sweaty palms and toppled to the floor.

"Aww crap." I say picking it back up.

Good. It's still recording.

"Anyways sorry. I accidentally dropped the camera. No harm done. The solution I had made just cause a chemical reaction like I said and it bubbled over the container and it burnt a hole in the counter. I got detention. I will now pay attention in class and ask the teacher if I'm unsure about what to do." I smile and turn off the camera. I hope I don't get in trouble for dropping it. I don't want mommy to be frustrated if she has to pay for it since she's already paying for the table.

Taylor's POV

I slip off to the bathroom to change into my so called "Jammies." I push open the door to the bathroom and choose the handicapped stall. Might as well be damn handicapped. I drop the towel and slip on my black sweatpants and light gray t-shirt. I run my brush through my hair and towel dry it. Ugh, I feel like a whore. I don't know how people do this shit for a living. There's no positive feeling afterwards. Just shit.

I pick up my stuff but choose to leave the towel where it lays. What the fuck else am I gunna do with it?

I walk back out and see Danielle sitting alone in the seats and everyone else is no where to be seen. I hang my wet clothes over the back of seats to let them dry and put my brush back into my bag. Someone taps my shoulder from behind and I freeze and slowly turn around.

Ugh it's just Kev. What he hasn't had enough already?

"Can I ask you about something?" He asks looking dead serious.

I narrrow my eyes and stare his face over for a few minutes before realizing he must be serious.

"Depends." I say lightly.

He leads me over to the back row, back corner. Must be important. He grabs my shoulders and sets me down in a seat, and then sits down himself.

I slouch down and prop my much used and abused slip-on vans, that are now caked with mud, on the back of the seat in front of me. He appraises the shoes but says nothing.

"What's on your mind?" I ask casually, even though I'm honestly curious.

"Tish." He looks at the floor. I laugh.

His eyes shoot up to my face probably trying to find the source behind how I found humor in that.

"You're always thinking about fucking Tish but why the hell are you asking me about Tish?"

"I'm not asking you about Tish. I need you to kinda' spy on her for me. I need to know what's going on with her."

"You have no idea what you're asking me to do bud. I ain't her bestest bud." I growl.

"Please, just play nice and get me some answers. Ask her about her boyfriend and the kid. Stuff like that." His eyes look hopeful.

I shoot him a death glare. He gets up and gets on this knees on the floor.

"Please? Pleeease?" He begs, his hands together.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Get off the damn floor Kevin." I throw at him and stand up and start to walk away.

"No wait!" I hear him shuffle after me. His hand grabs my wrist and I whip around. I step right up to him, our faces not 2 inches apart.

"How much you givin' me?" I ask.

He thinks for a second.

"20."

"20!? I'm not a cheap whore kevin, I'm a woman doin' you and big favor. I can't. Be bought. Cheap." I say in his face.

When he says nothing back I reach my hand around him and into his back pocket where I find his wallet. I open it up take the 50 out of it and hand it back to him.

I smile up at him and walk away.

When I'm about a good 20 feet away I hear him say:

"Er..thanks?..I guess."

I laugh to myself.

"Damn straight you better be thanking me fucker." I call over my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an Ivy chapter. I hope you guys like it? Tell me what you think. We both appreciate criticism lol. Comment and rate please!