Sequel: Listen to Your Heart
Status: Done! Check out the Sequel!!!!! ;3

"One of the Guys"

Girl talk.

I woke up the next morning with a massive headache, not because I was hung over; but the fact that I’d been crying all night. What John said really hurt, but he was right; maybe I was a whore. Never being able to keep a boyfriend was my specialty but it wasn’t intentional. I slept around a lot during Jr year until I met Isaiah. He was able to change me; I was actually committed to our relationship. Our relationship was great at first than it became a rollercoaster. We became more distant; we tried talking about it but always ending up with one or the other fuming off. One day one of his friends came up to me and said he was cheating on me with some girl and got her pregnant. I was shocked not wanting to believe what I’d just heard. I ending up confronting him and he admitted getting her pregnant and that he’d be sticking with her. I didn’t blame him but at the same time loathed him. At first I thought we’d end up getting married and having a beautiful family; man was I wrong or what?

--

I opened my eyes seeing the Arizona sun shine on in my eyes. Turning my attention to the note beside me it read, “Hey baby, sorry I couldn’t be here this morning to help you through the previous night’s events. I’m sorry; I had to fly out to NY last minute for some family business. I promise I’ll be back tomorrow and help you pack whatever that’s left. Have a great day; try not to miss me too much!

<3 –Declan
P.S You look cute when you’re asleep.

I couldn’t help but laugh, how sweet was he?

I decided to forget about last night and make the best of my last week in Tempe. I walked out of my room down the hall to Kennedy’s room wondering if he wanted to help with breakfast. I grabbed the door knob and pushed on the door; it opened with a creek. Before the door was fully opened I saw clothing everywhere leading up to the bed, I realized he wasn’t alone. Before my eyes I saw to lump figures lay on the bed tangled together. Ugh this wasn’t the first time I walked in on him and I highly doubt it’ll be the last. Carefully I closed the door and made my way to the kitchen.

I made my way through the living room into the kitchen noticing there was a body by the couch I back tracked. Before going to see who it was I grabbed a pan and tip toed towards the body. Right before I go a glimpse of the face the body started to move which cause me to scream bloody murder and dropped the pan.

The person got up and shouted. “WHAT THE HECK, I WAS TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!” the person turned out to be no other than Pat.

“PATRICK JOHN KIRCH, YOU SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF ME!” I scolded him.

“Well sorry, geez you don’t have to yell; and were you planning on hitting me with that pan!?!.” He said rubbing his bed head.

“I don't...maybe? Why are you here, wait how did you get into my house?” I questioned.

“Ken and I were supposed to hangout last night, but instead he ditched me for a chick. So I sat here by myself and watched ‘kick ass’.”

“Awee, I’m sorry Patty cake, I can’t believe he ditched you for some girl. How ‘bout I make it up to you with some chocolate chip pancakes?” I suggested.

“Ohhhh, sounds good to me. Did I ever tell you I like you way way better than Kennedy?”

I chuckled and walked to the kitchen with Pat following behind. “Hmm, it might have been said once or twice.”

“So you ready to make some delicious pancakes?” I asked grabbing the ingredients.

“Hell yeah, hurry up I’m hungry.” Pat whined.

“Down boy, we haven’t even started yet.”
--
An hour later Pat and I managed to get tangled up on the kitchen floor covered in flour and eggs.

“Pat you butt, look at the mess you’ve created!” I said while trying to pull clump mixture of egg and flower out of my hair.

“Soooo, you made the mess too!” I rolled my eyes and dug into the pancake.

“Whoa, what did you two do in here!?!” Kennedy asked afraid to hear the answer.

“Well we kind of-“Pat started to explain but I cut in off.

“Pat started it!” I said and ran up the stairs.

On my way up I ran into the chick Kennedy was with she was leaving and taking the ‘walk of shame’ as I like to call it.

--
After Pat and I’s little mischief this morning I started to pack the rest of my stuff. Looking through old scrap books of mine and Kenny’s childhood made me realize how much I was going to miss him.

There was a faint know on the door, I turned to see Jared leaning against the door frame.

“Hey Jarry” I greeted putting down the scrapbook.

“What’s up Annie” he took a seat on my bed.

“Nothing much, just doing to some last minute packing that’s all. So what brings you here?” I asked taking a seat next to him.

“I just came here to talk to you.”

I gave him a confused look, “About?”

“Uh, it’s about…..John”

“Whatever you wanted to say I don’t want to hear it.”

“Listen to me Annie, John really likes you and you leaving would devastate him.”

I scoffed, “Yeah sure it would; did you even hear what he said to me last night?”

“No? What did he say?” He asked puzzled.

“Well to start off with; he’s back with Raquel.” He looked at me with a horrid expression.” He also called me a slut and he only wanted to get in pants.”

“Oh my god, he did not say that! I’m sure he didn’t mean it Annie.”

I sighed. “Don’t bother Jared, I get he’s your friend and you want to defend him but there’s no point. I’m with Declan now and for once since Isaiah and I broke up I’m actually happy. What John said hurt, but it made me realize I can do better. He meant what he said and it’s too late now; he’s with Raquel and I’m with Declan.”

“Yeah I guess you’re right. Ugh I’m going to miss you and this girl talk we always have.”

“Awee I’ll miss you too Jared; and I promise I’ll call and visit as much as possible. And when I come back you better have a girlfriend that I approve of.” I said and pulled him into a hug.

“Yeah I hope so”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry about this chapter, I rushed to write it. I'll come back and edit soon! :) Comment & Subscribe pwease! =D