You're My Only One, the Only One I Ever Cared For

XVIII

Steph’s POV

As Nick left for work he kindly took me and Brandon across the hall to Lottie and Greg’s apartment before leaving. Greg was soon at the door letting us in only to have Brandon hug his leg. I smiled as Greg picked him up before helping me into the apartment.

Lottie was lay under a duvet on the sofa but looked a lot better than she had when she was stuck in the dreary hospital room. Brandon soon went and settled beside her hugging his sister still holding his drawings in his hand.

“I drew these for you and gweg.”

Lottie smiled taking the drawings and looking through them. Greg soon looked through them to before walking over to their notice board that hung on the wall and pinned them up in there.

“They are really pretty Brandon. Thank you.”

I was soon absorbed in a conversation with Lottie discussing various things. Greg and Brandon were sat on the floor playing with various toys as we did. Conversation veered form what had happened as much as possible instead we spoke about recovery and knew we were putting what had happened behind us not letting it affect us. We had a job to get back to in the end and soon we would accomplish that.

The hour visit was soon over though as Greg helped me back into the apartment where i was then able to sort myself out. Lottie needed all the rest she could get and i knew that Greg was going to be determined she got it as well. Brandon was in his bed to sleep for the night within half an hour and i made my way to the sofa.

Once i had the laptop loaded beside me with a low volume of music playing from it i got to work on all the paperwork. I was glad to have it there to keep my mind focused on something. Going through each folder and document that either required signing off or filling in amongst other forms i checked my e-mails to see they were up to date as well.

It was 1 am by the time i finally put the folders down for the night. I was surprised by the pile i had gotten through leaving me with two organised piles to get through tomorrow day although i had a feeling there would be more to come with this been Grissom’s desk contents usually.

I guessed it was around 8 am when i finally heard the front door close before i felt Nick climb under the covers with me. He kissed my cheek as he wrapped himself up in the duvet a little more. I decided i would lie here for another before i knew Brandon would be getting up and wanting his breakfast. Not to mention Nick had to be up in a couple hours again due to my hospital appointment.

At 9 i gently pulled myself out the bed and into the wheelchair moving through the apartment leaving nick to get some more sleep as me and Brandon worked as team to get his breakfast. Brandon was going around to Lottie’s whilst me and Nick went up the hospital and so soon Brandon was dressed and picking out a couple toys he wanted to take for him and Greg to play.

As it reached 11 am me and Nick were finally heading to see the doctor. I was grateful to hear that i would be able to start putting pressure on my legs again now and was handed ac crutch to help me out. I had a couple of bandages changed as well as nick and before long we were on our way back home again. We decided to leave Brandon around Lottie’s for a little longer knowing he always enjoyed playing with Greg and so the two of us settled onto the sofa.

“having Brandon around the house has made me realise one thing?”

I was surprised by what nick said but continued to listen.

“i think within the next years i would be happy to start a family with you.”

I couldn’t help but smile as me and Nick shared a kiss. Conversation soon started to evolve around this topic. Me and nick sat on the sofa his arm laced around my waist as we spoke about getting our life on the track we were ready for.