You're My Only One, the Only One I Ever Cared For

IV

Greg’s POV

All i could do was stand there as paramedics moved the Denali freeing Lottie’s body. I watched as paramedic gently held her limp body in place before lying her flat on the sidewalk. I was helpless just stood there i wanted to do something to help her but i knew the only people who could help were the paramedics. I glanced around to see the second ambulance deal with nick. It was as i turned back that i realised Sara and Grissom were stood a little behind me also watching on helpless.

All i could do was watch my girlfriend’s face as a paramedic checked her vitals’ and they moved her onto a stretcher. As they did the machine beside the one paramedic flat lined and it felt like my own heart stopped. I heard them mention she had stopped breathing as a paramedic pulled out a mask and bag and started using that to keep oxygen in Lottie’s blood. Another gave Lottie an injection of some sort and as the two continued to work away i thought i was going to be sick. On top of everything else this wasn’t what i wanted to be dealing with right now. My leg’s were like led as i stood on watching. I felt tears build worse in my eyes and as i pulled my hands to my face i just let them tumble down my cheeks. My breathing was uneven and jagged as i tried to steady myself and calm myself down and also tried to hear what the paramedics were saying. As i wiped my arm across my face i heard the second ambulance pull off as i half stumbled backwards my eyes still on Lottie. I felt arms on my back and turned to see Sara holding me up right as i turned to face her.

“I know I’ve got to be strong for her sake but i just can’t. Not seeing her like this. None of this is right nothing that has happened should of we were just having a nice afternoon out and i ......it......just....”

Words failed my as Sara pulled me into a hug as more tears fell from my eyes.

“it’s ok Greg. She will fight this i know that she will. I know it’s hard for you to deal with but we are all here for you, whenever you need us.”

Sara’s voice was a mere whisper in my ear as i stood there. I was grateful to have friends like Sara around as my mind processed everything started to calm down a little. As i leant back thanking Sara i heard the paramedics mention that Lottie was ok and that she was breathing again. I felt a little bit of relief as the paramedics continued getting her strapped to the stretcher ready to be moved into the ambulance. They placed a neck collar on her not knowing what injuries she could of received. Her injured wrist was placed into a temporary support for the journey as well and before long she was lifted onto the bed and moved to the ambulance.

I followed behind before I sat in the back of the ambulance with her taking Lottie’s good hand into my own. As i sat there the paramedic closed the door’s and the last thing i saw of the scene was that of Sara and Grissom turning their attention to their work.

I couldn’t believe what had been such a relaxing afternoon with my friends had become such a horrendous ordeal. I had Lottie in an unconscious state with various injuries some we may not know she had to. I couldn’t imagine what ran through her mind in the last minutes before that car hit her though. To of took this instead of steph was awful but i knew how much she cared for her sister. The look of guilt steph had that she wasn’t the one there was horrible to see but worse was seeing Lottie lay there. I know it’s a harsh thing to say but right now i would of preferred it to of been steph trapped there. If that had of happened maybe two people i cared about so much wouldn’t be hurt. I couldn’t believe nick had gotten stabbed as well and all this had happened because of one person holding a grudge against Steph.

My head was all over the place i felt sorry for Nick because he had watched the person he loved get kidnapped right in-front of his eyes. Steph could be just about anywhere right now and whether she was dead or alive was a complete different question in itself. At the same time though the person i loved was lay in-front of me. All i wanted at this moment was Lottie to be ok and awake. If she was then my attention would be on finding steph but Lottie wasn’t and so i knew i just had to rely on steph being found to the rest of the team.

As my mind ran on overdrive i completely forgot we were on the way to the hospital at high speed until suddenly the ambulance pulled to a stop and the doors were pulled open. Lottie was taken into the department and as i stepped down the paramedic stopped and turned to face me.

“Will your team want her clothes and anything we find on her?”

I nodded my work mind running for a few seconds. The paramedic directed me to the main reception to the hospital and i thanked him and walked through the reasonably busy car park and through a set of double doors. I had my hands stuffed into my pocket’s as i stood in the waiting area to give Lottie’s information in before i would have to sit and wait around.