You're My Only One, the Only One I Ever Cared For

VIII

Steph’s POV

It was a little while before i heard Ecklie’s feet on the stairs once more. I had no idea what was going on and what was going to happen next and it was that fact that frightened me the most. As he stepped across the room Ecklie headed tot he old broken window his back to me and leaving the door clear. What if i made a run for it now. Would this gap bide me enough time to escape, i couldn’t make out the fire arm in his waistband anymore. I made the decision to try and make a break for it now there was only him.

I raised myself onto my toes my hands resting on the mattress balancing myself silently as i checked that Ecklie hadn’t turned to see me. I braced myself momentarily before pushing myself up my feet pounding on the wooden floor as i headed for the door. My body was weak though and i couldn’t run as fast as i hoped before there was a deafening bang and the familiar pain of a bullet hitting my body bought me almost instantly to the floor. The pain was centred around my left shin leaving both my legs injured now. Ecklie walked over rolling me onto my back so i could look up into his face. Instead of holding a gun now though there was a black piece of metal gripped tight in his hand.

I didn’t even get chance to roll before Ecklie brought down what i realised was an old fire poker onto my chest. My breath was taken from me as i wheezed my chest burning. Ecklie threw the pole over tot where he had been stood as he knelt down his arm sunder my arms as he dragged me over to the far side of the room.

“You don’t learn that it get’s worse each time do you.”

Ecklie left me leaning up against the wall in a sort of sitting position as he picked up the fire poker in one hand. In the other he held a disposable cell phone.

“You get to leave your last mark on the whole of this team. I’m sure your beloved Mr stokes will break down when he hears your last message, your farewell gift to them all.”

I watched Ecklie tighten his grip on the pole as he looked down at me.

“You will repeat what i say.”

I said nothing refusing to agree with Ecklie, quickly regretting it as he struck a second time with the fire poker. This time i let out a yell of pain at the strike. I was quick to nod and agree with Ecklie.

Ecklie knelt down beside me telling me exactly what i was going to say also handing me a note with the basics written down on it. As he told me i knew this was going to tear nick apart as Ecklie knelt right beside me the cell phone ready to record a voice message.

"I'm not going to drag this message out, I just want to tell you all that I love you and that I've enjoyed working with each and every one of you...yeah, even you Hodges. The point of this message, is to tell you, Nick Stokes, that I've never really loved you. In all honesty, you were just a way for me to get my dream job, to stay in a place that was warm, but my feelings for you...they were all fake, each and every one of them. My heart was truly yearning for someone else...someone who I've just had sex with...yeah, the one you all despise. It may have seemed that I hated him myself, but I was just trying to convince myself otherwise. I'm not sorry for putting you through this, but now I'm done, there's nothing else left for me. Goodbye, CSIs."

Ecklie stopped the recording just in time as i broke down into tears. It was killing my chest but i couldn’t help i dreaded to think how this was going to go down. Worst of all how nick was going to take this. I wiped the tears form my face hatred for Ecklie almost trebling now. He however found this amusing.

“i would love to see precious Nicky’s face when he listens to that.”

I didn’t get time to respond before i was pulled to a standing position by my hair. Ecklie dragged me from the bedroom and into the bathroom where he let me go as i fell to the floor. I watched Ecklie barricade the door clearly already having all of this planned out. Once he finished he turned around tot eh bath turning the cold tap on fully and allowing the bath to fill up.

As the bath water, which was an off colour slowly rose Ecklie turned to face me once more. He knelt down in front of me placing his hand on my shoulder. He didn’t say anything just stared into my face. He then leant closer forcing a kiss onto my lips. I kept them tight and as he went to pull away bit down onto his lip as hard as i possibly could.

Ecklie jumped back slightly shocked before he placed his hands around my neck. As eh srated to block my airway he pulled me forward before slamming my head back into the tiles. I felt the tiling crumble from the impact as i focused my sight again. As i did i hadn’t noticed Ecklie had a grip on the fire poker again until it struck my shoulder and top of my torso. Ecklie dropped it then and turned noticing the bath was full now. He placed his cell phone on a ledge at an angle and i heard the click of a video recorder as the taps were turned off as i was pulled up and pushed against the side of the bath my stomach connecting with it as i tried to grip onto the side to hold myself back.

Ecklie took a grip onto the back of my head then before forcefully submerging my head into the water as i tried to push back on his strength. I tried pushing back with my hands on the side of the bath to but it was no competition to Ecklie as i battled with other wounds to. As i started to run out of breath Ecklie pulled my head back out the water as i gasped for air my throat burning.

My head was quickly forced under water again and the process was repeated at least three times each time the breath i got after grew less and less. The fourth time my head went under i was held under longer, my head started to spin before i was finally bought to the surface again.

“You bought me to this. It’s your own fault.”

This time when Ecklie pushed my head under he made sure it connected with the bottom of the bath. I saw the water slowly start to turn red as i screamed through the pain. Screaming however was the worst thing i could of done as i quickly took in a load of the bath water as i ran out of oxygen. I started to use my hands to try and knock Ecklie’s concentration and i knew i was splashing water everywhere as i fought against his strength. It didn’t take long before my thrashing grew less however as my energy levels depleted through lack of oxygen. As i finally grew still in the water allowing my eyes to slowly close i heard Ecklie’s laugh.

I felt myself get pulled from the water and my body hi t the floor before a hand was pressed against my neck. I felt the grip on my neck tighten as a loud bang erupted within the house before all i knew was numbness.