Status: Complete.

I Can't Not Love You

Confrontation

[Jack]
“I love Los Angeles!” I said happily, walking off stage behind Alex. We had just finished our second show in LA; we had played here two days in a row. Tonight’s show was definitely one of the best of the tour, though that may be because I’m in such a good mood.

“I think pretty much everyone loves Los Angeles,” Alex chuckled, pulling his shirt over his head and using it to wipe the sweat off his face.

“Great show, guys. Go get washed up so you can head outside and meet some fans if you want,” Flyzik said, taking my in-ear monitors as I handed them to him.

I began to walk toward the bathroom in the back, but Danny grabbed me by the arm to stop me. “Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Shouldn’t you be helping the rest of the crew get the stuff in the trailer?” I asked.

Danny shrugged, “Yeah, but they won’t notice I’m gone for a few minutes. Come here.”

“What do you want to talk about?” I asked curiously, walking with him away from the others.

“So what’s been going on with you and Alex?” he asked, crossing his arms and leaning back against the wall.

“We’ve been fucking,” I said bluntly, shrugging.

“Is it more than that, though?” Danny asked doubtfully.

I frowned, “Of course it is. If he was just getting together with me for the sex, he wouldn’t spend his time saying cute things and stuff, and hanging out with me all the time, and cuddling.”

“Jack, he kind of already does most of that to begin with,” he pointed out.

“It’s different, Danny. Trust me. It’s different from before.”

Danny sighed, “Are you sure you’re not just blinded by the fact that you think you have Alex?”

“What do you mean, ‘think’ I have him?” I demanded.

“You two aren’t actually dating, Jack. Neither of you has asked the other to be boyfriends and it’s been over a week now. I’m not so sure Alex actually wants that, since he’s just been fucking you. I don’t know if it’s such a good idea to continue with this. I think maybe he’s just using you for the sex,” he admitted, his voice a tone lower so no one else would hear.

I scowled, “Why the hell are you trying to break the two of us apart? Are you even glad that I’m genuinely happy for the first time in a year?”

“I’m not trying to break you apart. I’m just not sure this is the real deal. Of course I’m happy for you, Jack. I just don’t want to see you getting hurt because you’re blinded by your love for him,” Danny sighed, shaking his head at me.

“It is the real deal,” I grumbled.

“If you’re so sure, then you should have no problem asking Alex that. Just talk to him and ask if he actually likes you or if he likes the sex, alright?” Danny suggested, squeezing my shoulder.

“Fine, I’ll talk to him later,” I muttered, walking away from him.

--------------------

“Jack!” Alex called out, running up to me as I walked to our bus. I turned around and he crashed into me, almost making us both fall.

I laughed and steadied him so he wouldn’t fall, “Hey, I actually needed to talk to you about something.”

“Okay, but can it wait a second? Guess what?” Alex asked, bouncing up and down.

“What are you so excited about?” I asked, smiling.

“Flyzik said we could go to the movie theater down the road if we want to. He wants Colussy to come with us just in case we get mobbed by fans though,” he said excitedly.

“Okay, I suppose that sounds fun. What movie do you want to see?” I asked, wondering what movie he could possibly be so excited about.

“The Avengers!”

“Oh,” I said with a laugh. Of course. He had been waiting to see this movie for months. “Sure, that sounds like fun, Lex.”

“Yay! Let’s go find Colussy and then we’ll go,” Alex said, starting to head toward the bus. He turned around suddenly, “Oops, I almost forgot. What did you want to talk to me about?”

“Oh... nothing. We can talk about it later. Come on, let’s go,” I said with a smile, following him onto the bus.

A few hours later, Alex and I were walking back to the bus together after the movie. He was rambling excitedly about how great the movie was and how much he loved it. I wasn’t really listening to what he was saying, but his rambling was cute so I wasn’t stopping him. Colussy had gone on to the bus ahead of us, already sick of Alex’s constant talking.

“Jack? You listening?” I heard Alex suddenly ask, and I snapped back to reality and looked at him.

“Not really,” I admitted, smiling sheepishly.

He laughed, “It’s fine, I don’t blame you. I’ve probably gotten on your nerves with all my talking by now.”

“Nah, not really. I don’t mind,” I smiled, bumping my hand against his slightly. He clasped my hand in his tightly as we walked, a slight smile on his face.

“Remember earlier when you said you wanted to talk to me? I’m all ears now,” Alex said, looking up at me. Fuck. I was hoping he wouldn’t remember that.

I looked at him, trying to decide whether I should ask him about what Danny said earlier. He looked so happy right now and I really didn’t want to ruin the mood. I didn’t even think Danny was right, anyway, so why bring it up? I squeezed his hand slightly, “You know, it wasn’t really that important. Never mind.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh, there's drama in the next chapter. Major drama. And the chapter will be split into two points of view.

To be honest I don't really have any ideas for a sequel to this story! :\ So if you guys really want one, maybe message me/comment some ideas. But unless I can think of anything, there won't be a sequel...

I did come up with a really good idea for a new Jalex story though, if any of you would be interested in that. It's kind of centered around Alex having nightmares and anxiety. I'm trying to add more ideas to it and turn it into a plot for a chaptered story. I came up with it at 1 am last night so it's a little scattered.

So leave a comment if you'd be interested in reading that? :) I'll update this again soon!

Thanks to:
indibear
coolstoryBrosif
kew_atl
GlamorousZombie
MoMo_92
we are criticized.
Party Ghoul
BeautifullyTattooed
f0reverbr0ken
JessicStar
animemaster6880
YoungandLoadedKid
sylarisahero
Jimmy.Sullivan
all time perv.
ilalalovealltimelow
MissingExistence
owwiedowwie

for their comments! :)