Status: A working progress. I'll update as soon as I write another chapter.

Even Without Wings

Bloody Kidding Me

Charms went by in a flash, and now, I walk down the hallway to my next class, Transfigurations. Holding my books to my chest, I came to a stop, feeling a hand on my shoulder. I look over my shoulder to see Draco smirking at me.

“So, did you have fun sitting next to Poturd?”

“Who?” I asked, bemused.

He gave me this expression of absolute disbelief.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked, an eyebrow rose in confusion.

“Harry “Saint” Potter, that’s who I am talking about. Merlin’s Beard, what planet are you from, woman?”

I realized he was talking about the Gryffindor boy I sat beside today in Charms. “So.” I said, nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders. I knew quite well why Draco was confronting me. He didn’t want me to make his stupid house look weak.

“Are you bloody kidding me? You have no idea who he is?”

“No, I’m not bloody kidding you, and yes, I have no idea who he is.” I said, mockingly at him. We started to walk again in the same direction, him beside me, giving me a death glare as we went.

“Well, Potter is my arch nemesis. He is the one they call the Boy Who Lived.” He said, loathingly at the very thought of this student. “He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named killed his parents and he lived through it! So, now everyone goes around worshipping him like he’s some sort of God! Psh, those idiots! Potter isn’t so special.”

“It sounds like someone’s jelly!” I said, in a sing song voice, which granted me another death glare from him. I smirked back at him as I glanced over at him from the corner of my eye.

“How could I be jealous of Saint Potter? I have everything I could ask for.” He said, sticking up his nose, haughtily.

I rolled my eyes and snickered, "Right."

“What are you laughing at?” He asked, we were at the door of Transfigurations. Professor McGonagall stood off to the side greeting students as they walked in.

“Oh, nothing, Draco,” I said in mock innocence as we passed by Professor McGonagall, and into the classroom. All the while, he glared at me and ignored the professor’s greeting. I, on the other hand, greeted her with a smile and a “Hello.”

“So rude, Draco,” I reprimanded him, mockingly with a smirk. “Where did you learn your matters?”

“Where did you learn to be such a bloody bitch?” He seethed in a whisper, close to my ear and grabbed my wrist, tightly. “You’re going learn pretty soon who you should be associating with, or you’ll be eaten alive by Slytherin within the month.”

Cutting my eyes at him, my face grew hot in rage. I forced myself out of his grip, and spun around to look at him. “Don’t you ever tell me who I should be friends with! I’ll do what I want and be friends with who I want. If any of you, or any of our house mates have something to say, you can all say it to my face.” The few students in the classroom looked up from chatting amongst themselves to see what the commotion was about.

I turned and walked away from him to find a seat. Draco stood there for a moment and then, walked to catch up with me. He stood over the desk that I had just sat down at with a flabbergasted Hufflepuff boy, and glowered down at me. I glanced up at him, aloofly.

“You’ll soon regret- Draco was cut off by Professor McGonagall, who had just crossed the threshold. She stared him down from behind her wire-rimmed glasses.

“Mr. Malfoy, take a seat and stop bothering Miss Constantine,” She said, firmly as she walked to stand in front of her desk.

“But- Malfoy started, but was cut off, yet again.

“Go sit down, Mr. Malfoy, and if I have to speak to you again, you’ll be facing a few weeks’ worth of detention, and points will be taken.”

Draco huffed like a scolded child who didn’t get what he wanted. He turned away and toward an empty seat beside Pansy, who glowered at me. I smirked, and when McGonagall’s head was turned, moved Draco’s chair back with my mind. He wasn’t playing attention, so when he went to sit down, he missed the chair completely. This got a laugh out of the class as he hit the ground hard on his arse.

I smirked in delight, crossed my arms. Justice was served and there was no way of Draco knowing it was me, who did it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment:D Don't be a silent reader!:p